what is your daily shooter?

-
Have many. Two Remington 1100’s, an 870 Express Super Mag, two Sportman 58’s ( 12 and 20 gauge), and a pair of Ithaca 37’s (12 and 16 gauge)!!! God bless the 2nd Amendment!!

Wife has a Fox double short barrels "coach" gun, 410 of all things, must really be an open choke, gotta be within 30 ft to get the average squirrel!.

Thanks all. Enjoy your stories.
When it comes to handguns here in Sweden, it is very hard to get one unless you are member of a shooting club.

well, here in the U.S., we consider it a God given right to own and carry guns (and by "U.S. i mean most of states, except for commiefornia and illinois, and perhaps a few others)
but there is a difference between shotguns (which the OP asked about) and handguns, which we probably carry on a daily basis
when i bought my first shotgun, there was a back ground check that took about 5 days to return, before i was allowed to purchase it
same with my first pistol
then i got my Concealed Pistol License, and now i can walk into any place that sells guns and walk out with a gun as soon as my money is in their hands

as a daily carry, i rotate between a ruger SR9, when im wearing gloves, or dont care about concealment, or a Taurus PT9 if i need to be less obvious

Well, my daily driver is not worth mentioning, but I like my daily shooter...
I purchased this shotgun in 1969 and it´s still dependable. Remember this model was fairly new at the time, but I didn´t like the barrel that had the screw on type choke, so I chose two sets of barrels. And is it sweet to handle with the skeet barrel.
Since I have free range pigs, the jackdaws mostly, think the food is ment for them, but many over the years have learnt the hard way this is not the case...
What is your favorit when it comes to shotguns?
View attachment 1715183566

Remington 1148 , 20 ga. , improved cyl. . Was my first quall gun , had a million run thru it, gave it to my son, still looked like the day my dad bought for me new. Replaced it w/ a 1148 12 ga. (about 50 yrs ago) , w/ 30" full choke, eventully had it cut down for screw in chokes , still looks new and has been used but very little . 72 in Oct. , don`t hunt anymore, no quail anyway !!

th?id=OIP.jpg

Model 69 Winchester 22LR 40s vintage. It was my father's before me. 100yds, off a rest, 5 shots, cover them with a quarter. Responsible for the population reduction of many Mojave Desert indigenous species :rolleyes:

A Henry big boy brass in 357mag.
Henry 22lr large loop carbine
And a very nice 1950 Tula made russian sks. Its a refurb, but looks like it was hardly used.

20180526_164700.jpg
20180220_181911.jpg

Henry 22lr large loop carbine

i got one of those for fathers day one year
great gun, doesnt care what you load into it, it will fire and cycle no problem and smooth/light enough my 8 year old can handle it

the SKS is on my short list, i keep telling myself, if i spot one more coyote out back, im getting my one

i got one of those for fathers day one year
great gun, doesnt care what you load into it, it will fire and cycle no problem and smooth/light enough my 8 year old can handle it

the SKS is on my short list, i keep telling myself, if i spot one more coyote out back, im getting my one

The 22lr is like butter. Love it. Try a 357mag henry for them yotes. Impressive round out of a long barrel. Probably a 700fps increase and still reasonable to shoot.

I do love my sks. Cant go wrong for 225$ and about 1500rds for 180$. Although lately its been pricier.

The 22...had to show it.
Henry is an impressive company. Awesome customer service. Wood and steel from usa. Just beautiful walnut on my big boy 357.

20180404_155321.jpg

View attachment 1715183938

Model 69 Winchester 22LR 40s vintage. It was my father's before me. 100yds, off a rest, 5 shots, cover them with a quarter. Responsible for the population reduction of many Mojave Desert indigenous species :rolleyes:

That sure looks familiar...and the same back story too. I'm going to have to check after work and see if my old bolt action 22LR is the same model.
Both the Winchester and my dad's Marlin 336 .32 special passed on to me when he passed away unexpectedly years ago at the age of 44. He bought the Marlin for deer hunting about a year before but never got to get out with it.
M336.jpg

It's a sweet-shooting gun and as accurate as it can be. It's probably had less than a full box of ammo through it in all the years it's been in the family.

That sure looks familiar...and the same back story too. I'm going to have to check after work and see if my old bolt action 22LR is the same model.
Both the Winchester and my dad's Marlin 336 .32 special passed on to me when he passed away unexpectedly years ago at the age of 44. He bought the Marlin for deer hunting about a year before but never got to get out with it.
View attachment 1715184027
It's a sweet-shooting gun and as accurate as it can be. It's probably had less than a full box of ammo through it in all the years it's been in the family.
If you look close in the picture you'll see my 336 behind the AR, its a XLR model stainless and is by far my favorite gun, just plain fun to shoot. I was moving my safe the day this picture was taken.

KIMG1155.JPG

For a pistol I always carry a Kimber 45 and my shot gun of choice is a Sega 12, and as for a long gun is a tough choice.
I guess I'll have to keep collecting them till I find the one I like the best.

Beautiful SKS! I really like the SKS rifle, currently own 10 of them. 1 Yugo, 1 Tula Russian, and 8 Chinese. I love how they look, and I love to shoot them.

keep me in mind if you ever want to thin the herd

Beautiful SKS! I really like the SKS rifle, currently own 10 of them. 1 Yugo, 1 Tula Russian, and 8 Chinese. I love how they look, and I love to shoot them.
I keep saying to myself i should buy a chinese one now.

What im really scared of is our ******* national police farce the rcmp making them restricted for range use only one day.

Luckily, there is millions of them here. And they know theyd have a fight getting owners to fess up to having them.

I keep saying to myself i should buy a chinese one now.

What im really scared of is our ******* national police farce the rcmp making them restricted for range use only one day.

Luckily, there is millions of them here. And they know theyd have a fight getting owners to fess up to having them.
Same down here in the US.

My personal everyday carry though, is a North American Arms .22 Magnum 5 shot revolver. I am rarely without it.

JDSU was bought out by Viavi, I believe. The Viavi is a touchscreen! you put TDR in in "Smart-check" mode and itll tell you "you have a ring ground at 568 feet, behind the Jones house on the far side of the pole..." Well, not that specific but footage is scary close. It'll tell you bridge tap location and length of bridge as well as splices and even cable gauge changes. But it cant kill anything.....Only gun I own is a Black-Ops 10 pump 1200 FPS .177 BB/Pellet gun with a 4X scope. Me and my 13 yr old son shoot cans and paper targets with it in the back yard. My neighbor has rats in his fruit trees and says he'll give me a buck for any I kill.

Last edited:
View attachment 1715184027

I had a Marlin 336 in 30-30, perfect pickup rifle. I even worked up a hot rod pointy bullet load for it at the reloading bench. I already had my .06 and a deadly accurate 22-250 but I needed a shotgun. Traded the Marlin for a brand new Mossberg 500 Junior Model in 20ga. Short tube, light, easy swing. Took it to the skeet range, my old boss was there, quite a skeet shooter he was. "What have you got there?" as I removed it from the case. "You can't hit anything with that little 20ga". I had never shot skeet in my entire life and it was the first pull of the trigger on that gun. 19 out of 25 in the first round. "Give me that" he says. He dusted 20 in the next round "This ain't half bad. And it's so light and easy. I could get used to this." "Get your own" I say. Recently I found a Savage Model 340 30-30 bolt gun and a little 4x Bushnell it loves those hot rod reloads from the Marlin. I have $150 invested in it, shoots like crazy.

-
Back