• Olds / Buick / Cadillac

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Foreign Crap

Votes: 75 23.4%
  • I walk

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters
-
Rob, my wife would give anything to have your car. The '65 Riv, that is. She won't let me buy another Mopar until I buy her one. And it has to be a '65, she won't settle for a '66 or '67. Some people's kids:angry7:.

My winter ride is an '86 F250, 4X4 with a four inch lift, a .040 over 460 at 11.5-1 comp on propane. It's got 4.56 gears and 33" tires. Steel winch bumper, with Warn winch, on the front, 4" steel nerf bars on the sides and double 4" steel tube rear bumper. Real steel not crappy bolt-on wannabe's.

As much as I love Mopars, I prefer the older Ford trucks. I never buy new, I figure they're disposable.

My wife drives a '92 Tracker. She wanted a convertible, and this is the best choice she ever made. Next to me, of course:toothy10:. It's a cute little blue with pink graphics and Winnie the Pooh trim inside. A real girlie car.

We almost have to have 4WD to get up the hill to our place if it snows at all.

We also have a couple Cherokee's in the yard that need minor repair, just haven't got the energy at this point.

all three run the only one registered is limey, yes 3.11's w/ a 3800+ stall daily driver. see you at mopars at the strip. oh ya the girl friend drives a 02 xtreame.

IMG_2454 (2).JPG

IMG_2455 (2).JPG

IMG_2456 (2).JPG

2002 plastic 100 HP saturn coupe. 40 MPG and 0 to 60 in 4.0 tries.

What the hell, it runs, goes forever on a tank of gas and its paid for.

-LY

Personally I just like nice cars, all of them.

I could not agree more. Hell, anymore I find myself checking out old station wagons, land yachts, and all kinds of crap that I would have thrown rocks at when I was younger. Now I just like to see any of the old cars on the road and being enjoyed as they were meant to be. I guess that makes me a "trader"... LOL!

Ray

Comoxian, mine's actually a 64, I had a 63 a long time ago, I really like the 65's too, the body on all three years is the same but the 65 has the hidden headlights and different tail lights. Quite a big change happened in 66. Do you ever get down to the Father's Day show and shine in Qualicum? I may be there in it :-D

Our only other car besides "my" Duster is a 2003 Chrysler Town & Country. Only about 60,000 miles but only has had an A/C compressor go bad on us. As far as other brand cars go, I don't mind something else as long as it's desirable or uncommon (or both). I will never buy a newer run-of-the-mill Toyota or Honda (or even BMW, sorry don't like feeling like a snob unless it's HEAVILY modified and dirty:toothy10:), if I need gas mileage I'll build an EFI slant-6-powered A-body or just get an 80's turbo 4-cyl. Mopar. Wouldn't mind an old Nissan Z or Toyota Supra though. If I hadn't gotten my Duster though, I would've gotten a 90's 4.0L 5-speed Cherokee. Every other kid at my school has a Wrangler or a Cherokee, and they are great cars. Last but not least, when I do start a family, I REALLY REALLY want an old late 60's Imperial. Man, those things are HUGE! And I bet comfy too...:-D

My 72 Dart in the works now was my highschool car in 03-04
my new 08 Dodge ram 3500 DRW quad cab Cummin 6.7 auto(Tim Allen Voice!8))
my 98 Ram sport 5.9 gas truck lifted witha 10" lift an 38's swampers
my 72 numbers 340/4 speed duster been down since i was kid:munky2:
my mom drives a 06 Charger R/T
dads got an 05 SRT4 with a stage three set up from MP runs 11.73 an drives it every day
my little bro drives a 91 wrangler on 33's an set up for the trails every weekend
An my moms 67 Dodge Coronet R/T being restored slowly but surely
8)

I got the Duster and the Dakota R/T packed away for the
winter. The wife drives my daily driver in the summer.
1999 Dakota slt. I drive the **** box. 1987 Reliant wagon.
It works for us.

I got the Duster and the Dakota R/T packed away for the
winter. The wife drives my daily driver in the summer.
1999 Dakota slt. I drive the **** box. 1987 Reliant wagon.
It works for us.

Nice! My buddy in high school had a light blue Reliant wagon. He called it "The Shaggin Wagon"

98 Dakota Sport with a 3.9L pig. Never again will I buy a V6 truck, LOL Its not even good on gas.

Wifey has a 2002 Mazda MPV that I just bought her in Aug and she's all ready complaining that she misses her Grand Cherokee that was just as bad on gas as my truck.

:-DMopar or no car for this family!!!

1) 2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T Sublime #896 of 1500
(JBA shorty headers, Magnaflow Cats,K&N intake, Diablo Predator programmer, Flowmaster exhaust, 4,200 lbs, [email protected] before headers and cats: my semi daily driver)

2)1973 Plymouth Duster: 318 bored .030 over, Comp XE268 cam, valvetrain, hooker headers, edelbrock performer manifold w/ holley 600cfm carb, stock heads with 3 angle valve job. (My toy)

3)1969 Plymouth Cuda Formula S 340: mainly stock, but quick (the ladies car I bought for her, my responsibility mechancally)

4)1975 Dodge Dart Swinger: 318, stock, Flowmaster dual exhaust, 8.25 rear, edelbrock 4bbl, my semi daily driver to keep miles off of Sublime.

5)2004 Chrysler Crossfire: the gf's daily car, I am the care takers as usual, too small for me.

6) 2007 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4x4 "Big Red": 5.7 hemi, true dual flowmaster exhaust, dad's daily driver and tow vehicle.

7) 1993 Dodge Intrepid: mom's daily driver

8)2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Aniversary edition: fully loaded: mother in laws driver

9)2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn: lifted 4" with 35" tires, 5.7, my brother's driver

my family is mopar or no car if i ever brought something else home i would be disowned lol kidding, i have 3 older bros and once one brother bought a pontiac ventura, well when he brought it home my brother came home after long night of drinking and pissed in his gas tank and said " probably run better now chevy s**t box" and another time they had bunch of mopar guys over so they turned his car 90 degres to be sideways in drive way lol all good fun but damn funny too:toothy10: i got enough grief buying that avenger because its a mutt car, using all different cars parts,

I have had a 96 ranger 4X since 99 and it has been a good truck although underpowered. My wife has been driving a 90 celebrity with a 2.5 that I bought from the fire dept for $226.00 that will soon be retired. I just bought a 96 exploder with a 5.0 for $1300 that needed a trans. So I am head first in a Ford AODE right now! I only have the fords because that is what our fleet at work is and I have all the diagnostic tools for them as well as good contacts for parts, etc.

All Mopars

2000 Chrysler Concorde (mine)
1999 Plymouth Neon (hers)
1970 Dodge Dart (ours)

Fred B

This is the wife's car. My car if I need to go somewhere when the wife is gone is a very tired 92 Plymouth Colt Hatchback.

DSC00793.JPG

Our only other car besides "my" Duster is a 2003 Chrysler Town & Country. Only about 60,000 miles but only has had an A/C compressor go bad on us. As far as other brand cars go, I don't mind something else as long as it's desirable or uncommon (or both). I will never buy a newer run-of-the-mill Toyota or Honda (or even BMW, sorry don't like feeling like a snob unless it's HEAVILY modified and dirty:toothy10:), if I need gas mileage I'll build an EFI slant-6-powered A-body or just get an 80's turbo 4-cyl. Mopar. Wouldn't mind an old Nissan Z or Toyota Supra though. If I hadn't gotten my Duster though, I would've gotten a 90's 4.0L 5-speed Cherokee. Every other kid at my school has a Wrangler or a Cherokee, and they are great cars. Last but not least, when I do start a family, I REALLY REALLY want an old late 60's Imperial. Man, those things are HUGE! And I bet comfy too...:-D
Believe me, I'm no BMW appologist - I have 7 Mopars to 1 BMW - but I LOVE my 540i. It'll outrun my Hemi 300c and did 0-60 in the low 5's from the factory, and close to mid 13's in the quarter. It's got a V8 and a 6 speed manual that is just amaizng to drive. It also handles like a 2-door compact. I've got some performance software and air intake. Not Riced out at all, and it probably does 0-60 around 5.0 now. Oh, rear wheel drive also.

2000 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 daily driver.

37 Ford Rat Truck, Work in Progress (don't worry guys, its getting a 318:-D)

My daily driver: 1989 Dodge Caravan 2.5 Turbo with 240,000 miles on it.
10 p.s.i. boost from the stock turbo. Daytona Shelby Z 15" x 6.5 alloy
wheels with Kumho 225-50 X 15 tires.

Drag01.jpg

Caravan 2.5 Turbo engine:

Scoop02.jpg

The wifeys daily summer driver: 1998 BMW Z 1.9 .....gets 32 m.p.g.

BMW_016.JPG

The wifeys daily winter driver: 1996 Red Dodge Ram 4 x 4 Sport 5.2 with 190,000 miles on it. We bought it new.

HILL1.JPG

My summer driver on warm weekends: 1990 Chrysler LeBaron GTC
Convertible. 2.2 engine with the Intercooled VNT Turbo and Getrag A-568
5-speed tranny. Olny 132 of these were produced with the VNT Turbo. 41 were black.

13.jpg

Turbo IV 2.2 VNT engine

eng03a.jpg

Side_View.jpg

One of my other summer drivers: 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z Intercooled
2.2 Turbo with the A-555 5-speed tranny. Turbo boost is 14.5 p.s.i.

Shelby-Z_348.JPG

The 2.2 Turbo II engine

ASHELBY04.jpg

One of my other summer drivers: 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z Intercooled
2.2 Turbo with the A-555 5-speed tranny. Turbo boost is 12.5 p.s.i.

Shelby-Z_212.JPG

wheel2.jpg

My current project: 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback with a 360
and 727 auto and 8-3/4 rear.

22_Custom_.jpg

The 360:

36001.jpg

My daily driver is a 73 dart custom 4 door, slant six with 73,000 original miles. If Im driving anywhere it's in the dart. Nikki has a 93 Mazda LX 1.8 DOHC 5 speed that we got for free 4 years ago from a buddy. It has 200,000 miles now and just needs a clutch. Once her 72 scamp is done that will be her daily driver.
My other toy is a 53 merc pickup that used to be my dads when I was little, I got it back from his friend and am turning it from a 70's custom to a 60's custom. Volare subframe, 8 3/4 rear, frame is boxed and C-notched, louvered hood, 52 packard grill centersection between stock headlite buckets, lincoln continental electric bench seat (that I need some parts for if anyone has some), 360 with a duel T-ram, 518 tranny, and some other little things here and there.

And I just sold the 27 T that I was playing with, too many toys and not enough time or space.

DSC00446.jpg

DSC04604.jpg

Only pic of the Mazda I have.
18.jpg

DSC04315.jpg

DSC05112.jpg

1996 Dodge Neon.

Winter beater...Fried a few wires because I'm a retard. All good now.

68 roadrunner post car 318 comp cams 270h,swirl port heads,eddy performer intake w/650 thermoquad,3 inch exhaust,overdrive four speed,2:94 open rear
21 mpg hwy..........2050 rpm @70 m.p.h.

grille 001.jpg

grille 002.jpg

-
Back