What kind of carbs and intake on this R Valiant?

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
Hi, there. Could you smart slant six guys please take a look at this YouTube video and tell me what kind of carbs and intake this guy is using? (I don't know too much about this stuff.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zzODTFqLTU

And what is that gauge thingy in the engine compartment?

I would imagine that the engine in the video is a 170. Do you think a 225 could stand this treatment, or would it blow up?

Thanks!

retro

I would guess they are weber side drafts. And I don't see why anyone would put them on anything less than a 225.
That is a fuel pressure gauge.

it's a Redline manifold with a Weber 45 DCOE conversion. Bitchin'!

manifold.jpg

Now That Is Cool! Kinda Makes Me Want To Look At A Slant 6! Lets See, Some Compression, Good Cam, Headers, 4:10 Gear, 4-speed, Etc.
That Would Be Fun!

Yeah, Mike, isn't that neat? I've got a 225 sitting in my garage for which I'd like to find a suitable implant recipient (it came out of my Valiant when I swapped in the 360 V8). It sure would be cool to hop up my slant six that way.

This is the Clifford setup on the 66 Dart I just got from Alabama..intake is a 4bbl.holley 4bbl.,clifford headders and dual exhaust.I,ve had it running and it runs smooth so far.Just haven,t driven yet cause I,m swapping the rear.

trim 018.jpg

These 3 deuce Webber setups are common down in Aussie land. I would check with Pentastar reproductions. Expect to pay 3K plus for the carbs and they are a B to tune.
My02.
Frank

Obviously Redline has the 3 deuce Weber set up. The first time I saw something like it was on a Hot Rod project. The car went on to take top honors at the Oakland Roadster Show in 1962. I'm thinking this may have been a 170 CID engine. The exhaust went to a dual side pipe muffler. If you want more information on the XR6 try this URL.
http://www.streetrodderweb.com/milestones/0302sr_xr6_hot_rod_project_car/index.html

It seems to me that any non-progressive multiple carb installation is difficult to setup. The issue I've always had to deal with is synchronizing the carburetors so that each one is drawing the same amount of air across the rev range. They have to idle the same and reach WOT at the same point in the travel of the accelerator.

XR-6 engine_small.jpg

-
Back