What kind of food do you feed your dog?

-
Hotlines a 20 year old dog? Holy cow !! I feed my boston terrier and boxer Purina.Terrier is 3 and the boxer is 12.My last was boxer was 13 1/2 and he also ate Purina.

Attachments

• R2- 2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 122
  • R1- 3.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 112
  • R1- 1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 124
I took some pictures of my dog just a few minutes ago.
He is about 8-10 weeks old.
Like i said he is a Mix but we are unsure on what he is. According to my Vet he thinks Duke is Boxer/Pitbull.
What ever breed he is we like him! :)
We have been feeding him NutriSource. I am running out of the little bag I had so I picked up some Purina ProPlan over at Tractor Supply today.
I really didnt plan on getting any Purina food but it was a deal I could not turn down. I guess there is a whole section where damaged bags are. I bought a 35LB bag of Purina ProPlan for $9.99(originally $39.99). It was marked down because it lost a few pounds when the bag was damaged which was 8LBs. So far he like the little bit I gave him today.

Here is Duke:
2011-11-02212408.jpg

2011-11-02212442.jpg

2011-11-02212515.jpg

How is "Hills Science Diet, puppy small bites" and Dick Van Pattens Natural Balance L.I.T dog treats?

FYI> Just heard a news report that says handle pet food like raw chicken. Wash hands after touching it and never put pet bowls on counter tops due to salmonila risks.

This http://www.championpetfoods.com/acana/

No corn, no wheat, no animal byproducts, real meat (fish and chicken) with fruit and veggies. Jake loves it and is healthy as a horse, hell he'd eat the horse given the chance. It's high in protein.

It's top of the list, 5 star

We were using Acana on both of our Boxers for the 1st 6months or so that we had them but found that their farts were unbearable. Acana is awesome food and would recommend to anyone but we had to switch to Taste of the Wild / Sierra Mountain Formula and that knocked the bad gas down alot. Our boy is 15months old, and girl is 10 months.

img00280201107251638.jpg

I did tons of research on this when we got our boxer last year. Avoid any thing with byproducts, you know, the stuff off the slaughter house floor. My dogs eat Taste Of The Wild.

Attachments

• P9260044 (Custom).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 122
If you own a Boxer or a Boxer mix make sure there food you feed them has no/nun/nada wheat in it.
After 1 years old feed them one time a day I do this at night fall.
Treats are hard to find with out wheat :protest: so I bring home one of those precooked Chickens you see at some deli's for $4.99 and I take the breast and slice it in very thin pieces and lay them in a pan in an oven and cook them like you would fish sticks :coffee2:
let them cool and they go in a zip lock bag for treats as I train him or just for being a good boy :glasses7:
I to use Taste of the wild, Dear and Bison or duck and lamb, I tried the Salmon and it has a very bad fishy smell and don't use it...
once a month I buy two Cans of Taste of the wild it has more veggies in it and they need them..:blob::blob:. But No wheat for your boxer mix porksoda Duke don't need it and could be allergic to it like all Boxers :coffee2:
If there stool is soft and runny you are most likely over feeding him, this is a common problem
Living here in Arkansas it is very important to always keep there water bowl (I use stainless) and clean with fresh water every day, I have yet to find a good watering system that I would trust for more then two day's... :protest:
Duke is allot Boxer by looking at his toe nails and his short snout and ears to his long length body and short strong looking leg at his age to me JMO..
Duke is a beauty :coffee2: and will want to play and sleep allot at this time, Watch how he uses his front feet allot at play and when he gets older it is so funny :grin:

Type in home made dog food or Boxer feeding time in You tube :glasses7:
Know is the time to leash train and if he will be a ride along on your car/truck take him with you and use 3 simple word to start No, Sit, and Back and use treats and he will put a paw up on his own for you to touch him and say good boy :D:D They like authority believe it or not, this is a sign of love to them...so scolding him is a must do when he does something wrong and he will see and feel your anger... Keep us posted on your new friend Duke :flower:

I do not let him run loose!! I do let him run and play on the property when I am with him, I now have a 10X10 kennel and a igloo dog house for him for at night, I don't want the pack dogs that run loose get to him... And I don't want a phone call that some ones dog got on my property and got hurt.
Buddy is 2 now and he marks our property line as I walk him around the 2 akers ( I can't spell that word ) He chit's and like a bull he scratches the ground grunting throwing dust dirt and limps at me :happy6:
It's cool to watch the dogs walk around my property now :glasses7:
He loves people but don't bring a dog unless he/she is ready to get checked out by Buddy, he has yet to ever start a fight, just don't expect him to put up with another aggressive dog.. This is his property :flower: My big trim and happy baby is 2 years old now :D and is a good house dog :coffee2:

Attachments

• PLYMOUTH%20RACING%202010%20082.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 108
  • PLYMOUTH%20RACING%202010%20074.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture 222 107.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Picture 090.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture 089.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Picture 088.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 97
  • THIS%2520IS%2520BUDDY%2520MY%2520NEW%2520BUD%2520030.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 100
How is "Hills Science Diet, puppy small bites" and Dick Van Pattens Natural Balance L.I.T dog treats?

I raised my first Dalmatians on Purina Pro Plan, they both grew to be over 57 lb adults when slim. I also fed them table scraps and any food that fell on the floor was theirs. My female eventually would answer the call for "clean up girl" when we dropped food on the floor. She was happy to lend a tongue to help clean up...

I gave them Purina Pro Plan in the morning and Pedigree cans at night. It is supposed to be a very good food and recommended by many breeders.

My last two that I rescued, have turned out to have urinary stones. So I have to buy a special Science Diet for them and keep them off of the handouts (darn). I just found out that the one that I have now has the urinary stones and have to change his food when the test results come back from the vet. However he will eat ANYTHING!!! He eats: apples, oranges, pineapple, cantolope, honey dew melons, water melons, plain lettuce, carrots, potatoes, french fries, hamburger, steak, pork, fish, pizza, spaghetti, lasagna, etc... Everything that I let him try, he eats. My mom always said that if you have a dalmatian, you don't need a garbage disposal...

The Hills Science Diet is good food also. It makes their fur soft and shiny like the Pro Plan. It has to be good if the vet recommends and sells it. Oh yeah, get this, my vet has a special that if you buy 10 cans you get 2 free. By doing this it is cheaper for me to buy directly from the vet than it is to go to Pet Smart by .50 per case... Go figure, you would think that Pet Smart would be cheaper...

I fed my dogs "Chicken Soup for the dog lovers soul" and all that came out of my dogs *** was chicken soup.

Secondly, my dogs eat poop, so why do they care what dog food they get? :cheers:

I fed my dogs "Chicken Soup for the dog lovers soul" and all that came out of my dogs *** was chicken soup.

Secondly, my dogs eat poop, so why do they care what dog food they get? :cheers:

If your dog is eating poo he has other issues. He's lacking something. Don't have that issue with mine. After having to put the wifes black lab down at 8 years old we learned what not to do. He ate all sorts of junk from the fridge and his daily food was purina moist and meaty, found out that food is slaughter house garbage. I am fortunate to have two pups now who will eat fruits and veggies. Never in my life have I had a dog who liked the good stuff.lol

Several years ago there was an ariticle in Consumer Reports that stated Walmart's Ol'Roy brand was a good as any tested. Since Ol' Roy ( Sam Waltons dog ) and more importantly his owner have passed away I dont know if the original quality standards are still held today.
I do know that my dog stays healthy and no Walmart brand dog food(s) was involved in that wide spread recall that happened a few years ago.

I'll feed Sassy what she'll eat. Some she likes, some she doesn't. She'll turn her nose up at the pricier brands and dig into the cheaper brands. But she licks her own ***, what does she know about taste?

Dozer's a 7 month old pup. He eats shoe strings, socks, my boots, and whatever else he can puke up just a few minutes later.

-
Back