what kind of mufflers?

-
Excuse me for being frugal and looking for quality parts for half the price.

sorry to say it,im not a fan of flowmaster in the first place,but i can apreciate the guality of the original flowmasters, the thrush copys are nowhere close to the same quality, just need to look at the welds on most of them looks like they are even saving on the gas when welding, the V plate on the inside is not welded to the case in as many places either and they do come apart from time to time, and i would gues that they are even more restrictive compared to the originals. there is quite a diference betwen lower price and quality parts for half the price, as in most instances the old saying you get what you pay for holds true with these.
im not saying they are not a good sounding muffler cause they do sound pretty good and the quality is fair but whats the point in buying a fully welded muffler that is almost as sensitive to backfires as a normal muffler with rolled and pressed ends..

I should have said that my Dart won't be a daily driver and I won't be racking up that many miles in a year and it stays in dry storage in the garage and I won't be driving it in the rain if I can help it. For a daily driver I would spend the extra money for longer term durability.

I should have said that my Dart won't be a daily driver and I won't be racking up that many miles in a year and it stays in dry storage in the garage and I won't be driving it in the rain if I can help it. For a daily driver I would spend the extra money for longer term durability.

sorry dont mean to put your opinions down or anything like that, if thrush would have just put alitle more effort into them they would have been just the same as a flowmaster for a much better price,i would gues the diference in production price would have been just a few dollars more to put that litle extra into them :(

I wouldn't waste my time if I even thought the muffler wasn't good quality. I would save (wait) until I had sufficient funds and just get a good quality muffler. Whether I drove the car every day or just about never.

cherry bomb xtrems. got em on my 318 there very loud sound great and are resonably priced. i paid 75 each new for mine compared ti the 100 plus for flows. good luck lots to choose from

super 44's are 70 bucks ea. ??

Kool I'm liking the dyno super turbo.... scuba 0331 how do u raise the back of the duster do you use a shackle kit

Not raised. Just the torsion bars all the way down. Got a little to excited getting it off the jackstands and didn't raise the front end!

Doesn't sit like that anymore! It thought it looked pretty cool!

I have the summit turbo mufflers.....they are O.K ......pretty "quite" by my standards anyhow....at an idle......they pipe up pretty good when you rev it though.

ok for the price, but probably not the sound you are looking for.

when it comes to deep throaty V8 sound....you can't beat a good welded chambered muffler.

I like the flowmaster super 40's, the 44's aint bad either.

I like the thrush's as mentioned before and I really like the Hooker super comp mufflers...I personally think they have the best sound....they are built like tanks and they are decently affordable.

Dynomax turbo2 , quiet around town , sound good when yo open it up , also has god sound cruising down the highway . Had chery bombs on when I bought the car , much too loud , gave a headache cruising on the highway , sounded great if you were in the car behind

my 64 Signet has 2-1/2 inch pipes from the headers straight back to Super-Trapps
360025.jpg

360033.jpg

sorry to say it,im not a fan of flowmaster in the first place,but i can apreciate the guality of the original flowmasters, the thrush copys are nowhere close to the same quality, just need to look at the welds on most of them looks like they are even saving on the gas when welding, the V plate on the inside is not welded to the case in as many places either and they do come apart from time to time, and i would gues that they are even more restrictive compared to the originals. there is quite a diference betwen lower price and quality parts for half the price, as in most instances the old saying you get what you pay for holds true with these.
im not saying they are not a good sounding muffler cause they do sound pretty good and the quality is fair but whats the point in buying a fully welded muffler that is almost as sensitive to backfires as a normal muffler with rolled and pressed ends..

Being a thrush welded owner id have to disagree with your remarks and for the record ive seen, heard, and installed flowmaster 40 series. Id say the thrush welded is equal to if not better than the flowmaster quality. But each to his own i suppose.

I have Magnaflows on my car. NASTY deep raspiness to them. LOVEM. Fairly loud too.

I've looked at this thread and the one below.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/forumdisplay.php?f=55

It is true that what sounds best is a matter of preference. IMO, what makes or breaks a system is the presence of a crossover pipe. The sound clips I have like have all had either an X or an H-pipe crossover. It takes the "rap" out of the pipe at higher rpms. I'm thinking that maybe a couple of straight-through resonators and an H-pipe are all I need.

-
Back