What Mopar Option Burns a Memory in Your Brain the Most?

What option do you remember the most

• 426 Hemi

Votes: 52 18.1%
  • Pushbutton Automatic

Votes: 40 13.9%
  • Six Pack Intake

Votes: 30 10.5%
  • Green Exterior Paint

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Fender mounted turn signals

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • The Slant six engine

Votes: 23 8.0%
  • 4-doors

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Pistol Grip Shifter

Votes: 66 23.0%
  • Road Runner pkg

Votes: 21 7.3%
  • Rear facing seat in the station wagon

Votes: 19 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
the slant 6 was what i remember the most because most mopars that my buddies owned where slant 6. that was cars,pick-ups and vans.i was the first non b or c body mopar in my group with 318 volare.

My first car, that I bought was a 64 Dodge Polara with a Poly 318 and a push button auto transmission. Loved that car...

Either personally or my parents have owned Mopars with these items. My vote would be for the Hemi. I have had 3 Hemi cars: a 69 Superbee, 67 Coronet R/T convertible and a 71 Cuda...all 4 speeds and all great running cars. Just the looks, stories and comments when I would drive one of them was priceless.

The pushbutton tranny in my brothers 61 413 New Yorker and the speedo dash in that car was also awsome.

I had to vote for the Hemi. When I was 16 or so I worked at the local Phillips 66 station on the weekends. We rented the hoist bay by the hour to guys that needed it. A friend needed to tune up his buddie's 68 Hemi Roadrunner. When he got done the owner tossed me the keys and let me take her for a spin. Foot to the mat, side step the clutch, and hold on. Second gear came pretty quick when you're sideways and the tires are up in smoke. I backed off and eased it into 3 rd. I was shaking pretty bad when I drove around the block and back to the station. That's a couple minutes I will never forget. Thanks for the flashback Keith....... tmm

The fold down rear seat in my dads 73 Gold Duster. He used to go to the lumber yard and tell them to put the 2 x 12 x 8' pieces of plywood in the trunk! I loved watching their eyes go wide when he popped the seat down and slid them in with only a couple feet sticking out the back! My 74 Dart Sport has one to keep the memories alive!

I voted rear facing 9 passenger wagon seat. Growing up I heard that "pigs get sick riding backwards." Brilliant, huh? Well I got sick riding in that rear facing seat as a kid, so got out of riding there as much as I could. 58 Plymouth (sport suburban I believe) with a 57 Dodge 325 hemi. That was our family ride.

Road Runner was a close second for me.

The first time I pulled the air grabber switch on my 71 Charger and that air scoop popped up........................................... that my friend is a moment I'll never forget. The guy next to me at the light knew I meant business...... see ya!

I checked the Roadrunner pkg catagory . I remember quite a few birds running around the town where I grew up including an orange Hemi powered Superbird that I walked past almost everyday on My way to and from school.

The wing cars for sure! I was 5 when the daytona's hit the street. Nothing else was even close to the look of that car. I told my dad to buy one but he said cars were a bad investment.

I always loved the look of these rear window louvers on Cuda's and Challengers:

831055701f48b0dlowres.jpg

202950-12-lg.jpg

I voted rear facing 9 passenger wagon seat. Growing up I heard that "pigs get sick riding backwards." Brilliant, huh? Well I got sick riding in that rear facing seat as a kid

Wow, thought it was just me. Famous last words-" Mom, I think I'm gonna be sick...".

I voted Rear facing car seat because I remember that from my childhood memories. Once I got older it was the pistol grip shifter. They could have put that thing behind a slant 6 and it still woulda meant business.
I also remember thinking " Who the h&!! would want a "Grandpa Green" car? You have to wear plaid pants pulled up to your chest and have a pocket protector to own a car that color."
:puke:

Wow, thought it was just me. Famous last words-" Mom, I think I'm gonna be sick...".

I voted Rear facing car seat because I remember that from my childhood memories. Once I got older it was the pistol grip shifter. They could have put that thing behind a slant 6 and it still woulda meant business.
I also remember thinking " Who the h&!! would want a "Grandpa Green" car? You have to wear plaid pants pulled up to your chest and have a pocket protector to own a car that color."
LOL! Which model was your rear facing seat in?

I could have voted Hemi too, just too many choices :)

My grandpa had a lime green 73 Duster, everybody always called the "grandpa green Duster" LOL

Nice thread,Keith. Really couldn't vote,but a write in vote. Nasty 70 R/T Challenger. No hood,Maxie crossram and heads,big solid cam. Nasty at idle,nastier at 7k + ,with 4.88 gears.

LOL! Which model was your rear facing seat in?

Beats me. I was about 5-7 years old so I don't remember . It was a green one with woodgrain. Probably the concept for Clark Griswold's wagon.

66340SEDAN- My version of grandpa green is the real dark,looks like metallic "ARMY Green" paint. I think it's called Sherwood Green.? I always thought Sublime Green was a cool color.

I said slant six because EVERYONE knows what a slant six is and who it came from. The pistol grip is all mopar as well as the air grabber and 426, but you would have to have a fair car culture audience to start throwing those terms around. The put the slant in jut abot everything. I even heard a school bus, an aircraft tug, wrecker and a 5 ton dump truck could be had with a 6..that would be some slow dump truck.....

For me it's nearly a toss up between the hemi and 440-6, because I actually owned a -6. The irony is that most of the time I had that car it actually had an Edelbrock/ 4bbl on it.

Thats what my dad and grandpa called them too!
Type writer is a new term to me and I can see why :cheers: Learned this one in this thread Keith, thank you :happy1:

I can't chouse there are so many
I agree, what about the shifter they put in the trucks that worked like a JohnDeere tractor in the dash :cheers:

I voted rear facing 9 passenger wagon seat. Growing up I heard that "pigs get sick riding backwards." Brilliant, huh? Well I got sick riding in that rear facing seat as a kid, so got out of riding there as much as I could. 58 Plymouth (sport suburban I believe) with a 57 Dodge 325 hemi. That was our family ride.

Road Runner was a close second for me.
Again, Ford had the rear facing rear set wagon (what year I can't remember) but they did it Spike :happy1:

I always loved the look of these rear window louvers on Cuda's and Challengers:

831055701f48b0dlowres.jpg

202950-12-lg.jpg
Ford had this also but I have to say they was way kewl :happy1:

i had to go with the pushbutton auto cuz momma's super stocker had it
same here Pushbutton was all mopar and was the kewl factor back in the day :cheers:

I said slant six because EVERYONE knows what a slant six is and who it came from. The pistol grip is all mopar as well as the air grabber and 426, but you would have to have a fair car culture audience to start throwing those terms around. The put the slant in jut abot everything. I even heard a school bus, an aircraft tug, wrecker and a 5 ton dump truck could be had with a 6..that would be some slow dump truck.....

You forgot the military used them in a small tanks and had twin /6 in one :D

-
Back