What Non mopar mechanic work are you doing

-
Been about 4 months since may last post, finally got most of my engine parts back from machine work, Engine block was bored, and the deck surfaced, crank was just polished and are 10 & 10 under size. They are still working on the head, had to order new guides and springs and some valve seals. Took about 3 days to do a complete cleaning, bottle brushes and a few rifle brushes as well, and cans of brake cleaner.

Cam bearings today, only three, and then set the cam up in the lathe to check the straightness of things. And if everything goes right on to the crank assembly, and then timing chain, you know the rest.

IMG_5278.JPG

IMG_5279.JPG

Well got a lot done almost of the internals are in, and the measurements are in specs. Ordered the correct pistons for the Kent style crossflow head, piston rings I have never seen them so skinny, .040 thick like chain saw rings. Guessing the run-time will be in hours instead of miles? LOL Waiting for the head gasket from the UK needed a larger combustion chamber ring, wanted to go layered steel but the head and decking surface was not correct to do so. IDK... I keep close contact with the "ones" that build these little Indy motors, I pretty sure they have the knowing. I do like the chain tensioning device, no tension, but it takes up the chain slack automatically.

IMG_5298.JPG

IMG_5300.JPG

IMG_5302.JPG

IMG_5301.JPG

Been about 4 months since may last post, finally got most of my engine parts back from machine work, Engine block was bored, and the deck surfaced, crank was just polished and are 10 & 10 under size. They are still working on the head, had to order new guides and springs and some valve seals. Took about 3 days to do a complete cleaning, bottle brushes and a few rifle brushes as well, and cans of brake cleaner.

Cam bearings today, only three, and then set the cam up in the lathe to check the straightness of things. And if everything goes right on to the crank assembly, and then timing chain, you know the rest.

View attachment 1716097590

View attachment 1716097591

A couple random photos of my current build. Car is on a rotisserie and I have finished the third blocking and have the fourth coat of primer on ready for additional blocking.
The second photo is the dynamat install from the front firewall to the rear firewall.

primer1.jpg

Dynamat2.jpg

Here are a couple of photos of the change of my dash color from red to gray on my current build. First photo is the dash in primer. The other two are the dash in finish color.

DashA (1).JPG

DashB.JPG

DashA (2).JPG

Starting to look like a car engine again, came in black, but going out blue, it deserves to show its true colors. Next is the steering and then on the wiring, the harness was sitting pretty close to the header, one melted hunk of wiring..but no shorts. lol

Kentcrossflow.JPG

Couple random photos, have final blocking primer on the unibody and the doors. Installed the doors to gap and match the lines. I have a little more adjustment to do on the doors, thinking about fitting and matching the fenders. This car is nothing but flat panels and body lines.

door1.jpg

door2.jpg

-
Back