What Non mopar mechanic work are you doing

-
Got the brakes done AND the running boards braced in, pretty pleased with myself

Take a look at these pads, I'm thinking it may be a good bet those inside ones were the squeakers (fingers crossed)

It seems a little odd that both rear brakes wear heavier on the inside, but I checked the sliders and all is well

View attachment 1716043341
caliper is hanging up.

This is my first time working with a Buick Nailhead...it had two messed up rocker arms and valve tips. The machine shop replaced those valves, did a valve job, and milled the heads and exhaust manifolds for me. I'm also going to put in a new timing chain, oil pump, and motor mounts before buttoning it back up again. What's that they said about a finished car being cheaper???

20230128_161012.jpg

20230114_144709a.jpg

I had to change the floorpan in my current build so I saved the 4 speed backer, rewelded it to the new floorpan with 1/4" nuts welded to the backer. I was able to save the original 4 speed hump so I refurbished it and installed i with 1/4" SS machine screws. Below is the process-----

DSC01822.JPG

DSC01823.JPG

IMG_0550[1307].jpg

DSC01825.JPG

Well, I was gonna put new hubs on the plow truck, but instead I ended up splitting 3 different sockets

(2 21mms, and 1 13/16)

So, untill my order of six point deep well 1/2 drive sockets comes in, I'm on hold

I am about 2/3 way through cleaning the engine compartment, I figure another 12 pack and it should be finished. I am sure glad I made the decision to work part time as a contortionist in my youth at circus. Will be experimenting with brushing primer and will be using JD high gloss black.

IMG_5097.JPG

Rebuilding the carbs off of a '92 Ninja 600R bike my son picked up ( that his old man found on Marketplace). It's been sitting for about 12yrs. but is pretty clean with about 12k miles on it.

IMG_20221215_122446546.jpg

20190809-1994-kawasaki-ninja-zx600c-right.jpg

Putting new wheel hubs on my plow truck

Once the wheels are off there are 2 bolts keeping the caliper on, then there are 4 nuts that hold the actual hub on

Easy peas no?
Yeah, if that one nut wasn't rounded off

I first tried cutting it off with a Dremel, when that didn't work I welded a nut on there, hoping I could back the stud out

When the nut popped off i thought my welds had failed...turned out i snapped the stud

works for me

Tomorrow I'll put it all back together

20230214_112940.jpg

20230214_141309.jpg

20230214_141312.jpg

20230214_141315.jpg

Putting new wheel hubs on my plow truck

Once the wheels are off there are 2 bolts keeping the caliper on, then there are 4 nuts that hold the actual hub on

Easy peas no?
Yeah, if that one nut wasn't rounded off

I first tried cutting it off with a Dremel, when that didn't work I welded a nut on there, hoping I could back the stud out

When the nut popped off i thought my welds had failed...turned out i snapped the stud

works for me

Tomorrow I'll put it all back together

View attachment 1716049983

View attachment 1716049984

View attachment 1716049985

View attachment 1716049986
You still got good bite on that stud soak it overnight with Aerokroil put the smoke wrench to and hit with the aerokroil again more heat and back it out **** is amazing

96EE823A-3BE1-48F7-A909-D69C50B3197F.jpeg

Cool. If you’ve never used aerokroil give it a shot it’s around $40 Canadian but I swear by it.
I'll put it on my list

I've been using something called PB blaster, that seems to do pretty well

(I think what happened here is that I tried to use a 12 point socket on a rusty nut and rounded it off before I could get my hands on a 6 point)

That looks like a fairly capable motor and pretty robust frame. What are you planning to be cutting? Steppers or servos?

Thanks, it's a 2.2kw water cooled spindle and I'll cut mostly wood and aluminum. It will be capable of cutting steel if careful but I don't see the need for that yet. I am also planning on getting a mill head to swap in and out if needed (think alum/steel) but that's not a priority. This will use steppers. I've used steppers on other machines and I know someone who uses them in his commercial venture just fine as have tens of thousands of other folks. The added cost of servos or closed loop stepper systems just doesn't do it for me.

Photos of the package tray seal and mock up for rear speakers. Rear firewall is set up with Dynamat on the passenger side and closed cell foam on the trunk side.

IMG_0557[1327].jpg

IMG_0559 (2).jpg

IMG_0561 (2).jpg

All done with my old Beaver Rockwell tablesaw. Want to get into making cremation urns need a cnc router for engraving
Ah yeah, that makes sense.

If you have a 3d printer, or know someone with one, you might look at the PrintNC project. Completely open source, uses steel rectangle tube and some 3d printed parts (non structural). Look it up on youtube. it's a very easy to build machine and capable of cutting aluminum, so any wood you could toss at it would be fine. Get a copy of v-carve pro (or use F360) and you off and running.

Last edited:
-
Back