What Non mopar mechanic work are you doing

-
Not mechanical but---------The company bought me a fishing trip for retirement gift. King salmon fishing trip. Below is the work I did after getting home with the catch.
View attachment 1715956777 View attachment 1715956778
Like to try the pickled fish. We catch jack fish, northern pike through the ice when the meat is solid and their not slimy pickling is an easy way to get around all the y bones as the vinegar dissolves them. Great with beer

Transmission broke on my old hot rod and since you need to pull the rearend or engine to get it out I pulled the motor and trans.

Fix the transmission or a spare and do some general oil leak maintenance on the old flathead.

Cliff Ramsdell

5F9502FF-87A5-4955-A081-62D114D6DA4B.jpeg
F9E16A65-C176-4C25-A772-E442D9B4F7D0.jpeg
image.jpg

Transmission broke on my old hot rod and since you need to pull the rearend or engine to get it out I pulled the motor and trans.

Fix the transmission or a spare and do some general oil leak maintenance on the old flathead.

Cliff Ramsdell

View attachment 1715956981 View attachment 1715956982 View attachment 1715956983
Same style u joint my 31 model A has. Put the car all together took it for a spin the trany just howled in 2nd gear, like loud. Pulled diff, took trany all apart went to bearing supply with used bearings figuring ya right their going to have these ha. 78 bucks later I had all the bearings for tranny. Put tranny back in car still howled. Did some research found out there are two 3 thousand slims that go behind the top two blots in the flywheel housing against the engine block put them in tranny shut up never made another peep. Blew my head

D64618B8-FBF2-41EB-BB42-068E37D02B19.jpeg
Just a couple small things left to do. Post 103 shows pic near start of project. Motor should rotate opposite direction, older motor and don’t think it can be reversed (at least by me). Then I can get it out of my shop. Been too dang hot to do much.
Yote

It has been about a month since I last posted a picture of Aunt B. Bunch of small parts and pieces that take time to clean and paint. The hood and grill will take the longest to get fixed, they get most of the abuse back in the day.

IMG_4870.JPG

Motor should rotate opposite direction, older motor and don’t think it can be reversed (at least by me).
I have seen set-ups were there was a twist in the belt to make it run the rotation you may need. Adjust your motor pulley so the pull of the belt is straight.

I have seen set-ups were there was a twist in the belt to make it run the rotation you may need. Adjust your motor pulley so the pull of the belt is straight.
Watched them running a thrashing and with the tractor facing the thrashing they had to put a twist in the belt to get the thrashing machine to run the right way

A little concrete pour this morning. We needed a pad for a storage container out at the dragstrip. We will have a place to keep all our car club signs, tables, and equipment.

20220813_094402.jpg

20220813_094446.jpg

20220813_094456.jpg

20220813_100316.jpg

Putting new coils, plug wires, double sea foam treatment in my 2007 GMC 1500 4wd 5.3. It's sluggish, misses, lost power.
Went from 15 mpg to 10 !!
I'm Dyed in the wool Mopar but an LS is hard to beat for $ per horsepower and durability.

View attachment 1715957130 Just a couple small things left to do. Post 103 shows pic near start of project. Motor should rotate opposite direction, older motor and don’t think it can be reversed (at least by me). Then I can get it out of my shop. Been too dang hot to do much.
Yote
Some single phase motors can be connected or switched to run the opposite direction. I had one on my Craftsman lathe like that. This link gives some basics if you want to pursue it.
Reversing single phase induction motors

Since I only own 1 Mopar, but also 2 Fords and a Pontiac, I regularly work on others, also i don't drive the Mopar because it ain't road ready yet. Whatever needs to be done, I get it done, did a full tune up on the Ventura a couple weeks ago, wife's Taurus will need an oil change soon, and I'm trying to get my spare motor ready to swap into my Bronco, the original one is getting really tired, closing in on 180k miles, still runs ok, doesn't use any oil, but has no oil pressure idling hot, so I'd like to get it out before it takes a dump.

RE: post 185 , (don’t know how to quote). — got motor reversed. Fan works better than ever now, don’t know how it moved air at all before but it did. Searched web to find out how to do it but I didn’t understand it. Someone smarter told me and it was simple. Thanks all.
Yote

Restoring a 1977 XLCR drag bike. Parts just came back from paint, after 2.5 years. I'll get some pics later. Bronchitis sucks. Base clear Emron

20220813_173039.jpg

20220813_173009.jpg

20220813_172956.jpg

20220619_195637.jpg

Last edited:
Aunt B is done, took about 6 months now to find another project. Hopefully something cheaper......

IMG_4743.JPG

IMG_4971.JPG

Moved over to another project, an older Caterham (Lotus). Engine overhaul, clutch, wheels and seals and a total make over. The engine is a Ford 1.6, the Brits took the engine and hop it up a bit and call it the Kent CrossFlow. So the parts are easy to get, Ford engine, trans, and rear end. While waiting for the engine to get into the machine shop I decided to strip the some of the framework, usually a beer before and after helps the process.

IMG_5060.JPG

Tearing down a 600hp V12 to see what's up. Pressure testing systems and verifying everything is happy.

I got suckered into working on a Kia earlier this month does that count?... all the while I'm telling my buddy "Kias are junk...you need to buy American so you can get parts at auto zone...blah blah blah.."I hope I made him feel bad he still owes me money on the job :)

Those rangers used to have a Mazda engine in them they were pretty bulletproof can’t say that about the rest of the truck though everyone I ever dealt with was junk.

Well... Fords aren't for everyone...:) they rust out at the spring shackles Ill say that but so did F 150s. replacing them are alot of fun.:)

Can't say I been doing much on my Mopar but having fun building a party wagon out of an old 29 Ford 1.5 ton truck. Runs and drives just fine just slow like me.

IMG_20230108_090514029.jpg

IMG_20221230_151750521.jpg

-
Back