What Non mopar mechanic work are you doing

-
Ways to go, but have all the stuff. Just need time. Front wheels are just for moving it around, i have matching slots for the front. It is my boys car and he wants to out some miles on it before deciding on how much to chop it. We have some cool plans for little things. It has suicide doors, 460, C6, and 9" with 4 link and coil overs. Engine came from his grandpa before he passed so he insisted on using it.

View attachment 1715952508
what all is involved registering something like that? Do you just go by your states street rod specs?

what all is involved registering something like that? Do you just go by your states street rod specs?

I had a title for mine. Otherwise a bonded title is the way to go here. I have the VIN, then just get a bond and send it all to State DMV.

A little rewiring of the boat, specifically, the dash lights
it is nice to have them so you can read the gauges at night, but they are wired into the ignition so when the ignition is on, the lights are on

this is off course a waste of energy (and bulb life) during the day, and it can actually be quite annoying at night, when everything is pitch dark but the lights of the gauges are reflected in the windshield and you cant see in front of you

so, i decided to rewire them
i spend a few hours trying to chase down the feed for the lights and finally decided it would be quicker to simply build a new wiring harness and start from scratch

20220707_110956.jpg

20220707_111018.jpg

i bought a few of these little doohickeys to split of the feed from the anchor light switch
this way, the gauges can only come on when the navigation or anchor lights are on (i did this as a fail safe to make sure the lights dont stay on when i park the boat)

20220707_112135.jpg

20220707_112154.jpg

i got a few more things to add later, and when that is done i will add a switch further on in the wiring so i can still manually kill the lights for night time navigation

Last edited:
Yes he is interested for sure. He drove my jalopy all through high school. Every day it wasn't raining, school, work, errands, etc. Had a ball. Now he will have his and we can cruise. Someday he will have my Demon as well. Then, my jalopy we built together, his we built together with his grandpa's motor, and my Demon which my Dad (his other grandpa) bought new and I found 4 years ago. He will have lots of history available. Couldn't all go anywhere better than my Boy.
What a nice story

20191004_212722.jpg
Just changed fluids in grandpa and ready for a nice cruise to the local restaurant for lunch.

View attachment 1715955718Just changed fluids in grandpa and ready for a nice cruise to the local restaurant for lunch.
That’s a 29 not fred awesome truck. Have been thinking about panting the A Lombardy Blue, Black fenders, Cream wheel like stock. It has a wheat straw colour wide cord interior like stock still not sure any ideas.

That’s a 29 not fred awesome truck. Have been thinking about panting the A Lombardy Blue, Black fenders, Cream wheel like stock. It has a wheat straw colour wide cord interior like stock still not sure any ideas.
Yea it's a 29.
I like your Idea on color are you thinking of using a solid color Blue or metallic. Think if it was me I would do a solid color blue in a medium to dark blue.
would be fun to paint and add some pin stripes.

Yea it's a 29.
I like your Idea on color are you thinking of using a solid color Blue or metallic. Think if it was me I would do a solid color blue in a medium to dark blue.
would be fun to paint and add some pin stripes.
Yes stock had straw yellow pin strips on the curved molding that divided the upper body from lower. Stock is two tone blue lighter upper body darker lower but I think it would look better all one colour

Yes stock had straw yellow pin strips on the curved molding that divided the upper body from lower. Stock is two tone blue lighter upper body darker lower but I think it would look better all one colour
Solid colour for sure no metallic in those days. Have sherwin Williams paint codes for stock colours, told they can cross reference them. It’s bone stock now mind as well go full nut.

All one color I think it would look better. You gonna paint it yourself or take it to a paint shop?

I do a pretty good latex job but I think a paint shop is required. It’s a smart man that knows when he’s in over his head lol
Think your smart enough to do it the hard part is having a place you can paint it.
Not sure how much pre paint work needs to be done or how nice you want it to look but anymore even if you do it yourself it's expensive.

Think your smart enough to do it the hard part is having a place you can paint it.
Not sure how much pre paint work needs to be done or how nice you want it to look but anymore even if you do it yourself it's expensive.
No doubt but friends with a body man who will help me with the body work and prep. He knows a painter that will splash it for cash. Just have to clear out a spot in the shop to do it.

Still a few little things to do in the bathroom. My neighbour loaned me his tile saw so cut some tiles to finish off the floor around the walk-in.
Install new baseboards and window frame and T/P holder and towel holder etc then do a major clean up from all the dust etc during all the work.
My Son and his girlfriend are off to Detroit today and then flying out to Florida. A business trip for her and in between meetings etc they'll be going swimming with the sharks and then fishing for sharks. He has also signed up to fire off machine guns at this gun club. Then Cape Canaveral.
Lot to do in a week.

I picked up an older Atlas/Craftsman 12" lathe a couple months ago, finished going through it and got the bench finished up. The bench top is a huge 10" x 24" glulam beam. Damn thing is not light - I'm definitely glad I sprung for some leveling casters to roll it around on. I've just got the baby 4" 3-jaw chuck on it now, but overall it seems to be working really well.

upload_2022-7-15_13-45-0.png

Making a 54.6v charger for an old scooter I was given. Seems 48v lipos like a little more juice to fully charge.

Still a few little things to do in the bathroom. My neighbour loaned me his tile saw so cut some tiles to finish off the floor around the walk-in.
Install new baseboards and window frame and T/P holder and towel holder etc then do a major clean up from all the dust etc during all the work.
My Son and his girlfriend are off to Detroit today and then flying out to Florida. A business trip for her and in between meetings etc they'll be going swimming with the sharks and then fishing for sharks. He has also signed up to fire off machine guns at this gun club. Then Cape Canaveral.
Lot to do in a week.
These people hired me to build them a real fireplace, you know hearth fire brick back ,throat smoke shelf etc. So I showed up with all my tools, materials were on route and the wife said “ but you can’t make any dust” I looked at her dumbfounded and started packing up my tools. She said “what?” I said I can’t do that it is impossible no matter what I do there will be dust, so you decide. I built the fireplace with her kicking and screaming and her husband pulling back on the reins all the way

These people hired me to build them a real fireplace, you know hearth fire brick back ,throat smoke shelf etc. So I showed up with all my tools, materials were on route and the wife said “ but you can’t make any dust” I looked at her dumbfounded and started packing up my tools. She said “what?” I said I can’t do that it is impossible no matter what I do there will be dust, so you decide. I built the fireplace with her kicking and screaming and her husband pulling back on the reins all the way
How do you say DUH!!!
My neighbour had their garage floor (24x24) poured yesterday and then coming back today to cut it.
He asked if we were going away tomorrow to which I replied no. He said there will be a lot of dust but will wet it down as much as possible. We'll definitely be closing the windows and garage though.

Not mechanical but---------The company bought me a fishing trip for retirement gift. King salmon fishing trip. Below is the work I did after getting home with the catch.
DSC01750.JPG
DSC01751.JPG

-
Back