What Non mopar mechanic work are you doing

-
i picked up a rear plow from an old F250
the truck burned down and all i have is the metal part

im making it fit my plow truck, going quite well so far

Does this count? Been working on building a new CNC router capable of cutting everything from plastics to aluminum. My last one was built from a torsion box design and layered MDF. Good for wood etc but not aluminum. Just not rigid enough but it was good to cut my teeth on.

It's going to be large enough for a 2x4 sheet of material and down to as small as the smallest thing you can safely clamp/secure onto the cut surface.

20220522_142443.jpg

Considering what they are going for these days I couldn't pass up this old square body. Been putting it back together the last few months but its about ready to go. Its cleared over the original paint. It was covered in rattle can primer when I bought it. No, I am not going to paint it.

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

I am building a Chevy LUV that will have an LS1 in it paired with a CD009 6 speed. (350z/G35 trans) Ford 9" Rear, Aerospace Components front drilled and slotted disk brake conversion (all Billet), QA1 Coilover conversion with custom mounts, Right now it is at my buddies getting the frame done, Back halfed, narrowed 12", 4 link and Coil overs. Should be a fun ride when its done :) Why a Chevy LUV you ask? My first vehicle was a LUV and I have always had a soft spot. Instagram is @ls1luvtruck if you want to check it out. here is a couple pics of where it is as of now.
luv2.PNG
luv.PNG

I am building a Chevy LUV that will have an LS1 in it paired with a CD009 6 speed. (350z/G35 trans) Ford 9" Rear, Aerospace Components front drilled and slotted disk brake conversion (all Billet), QA1 Coilover conversion with custom mounts, Right now it is at my buddies getting the frame done, Back halfed, narrowed 12", 4 link and Coil overs. Should be a fun ride when its done :) Why a Chevy LUV you ask? My first vehicle was a LUV and I have always had a soft spot. Instagram is @ls1luvtruck if you want to check it out. here is a couple pics of where it is as of now.
View attachment 1715936301 View attachment 1715936302

Dang buddy, looking good. Nice work

Going back together, honed the block, new rings and a valve job. May get the whole 18 HP out of this tractor.

IMG_4799.JPG

Finally retired and getting on the body/paint on my 65 Cyclone. Today I will hang the fenders, hood and deck for epoxy primer after taking down to bare metal. Below are a couple photos of the doors which I did last fall.
DSC01591.JPG
DSC01592.JPG

1956 Studebaker Powerhawk. I am helping a friend restore it. Body on a rotisserie, frame blasted and painted, etc.
45.jpg
Body in Epoxy1.JPG
Body in epoxy3.JPG
Engine4.JPG

1956 Studebaker Powerhawk. I am helping a friend restore it. Body on a rotisserie, frame blasted and painted, etc.
View attachment 1715946871 View attachment 1715946872 View attachment 1715946873 View attachment 1715946874
That is almost exactly where my Comet is less the very nice paint booth. I am green with envy!
Starting at 6:00 AM in the morning I will shoot my stuff in my driveway. It is hung and prepped and I am looking forward to being done with this stage!

That is almost exactly where my Comet is less the very nice paint booth. I am green with envy!
Starting at 6:00 AM in the morning I will shoot my stuff in my driveway. It is hung and prepped and I am looking forward to being done with this stage!
My friend, Mark does have his own paint booth. I did paint my car in it, but all priming and other green painting was done in my garage. The paint booth was finished just in time for the final paint job.
Cuda19.png
Cuda24.png
Cuda25.png

Cuda30.JPG

Cuda53.JPG

Cuda60.JPG

Cuda28.JPG

Cuda55.JPG

1957 Airstream Bubble. Trying to put it back to leak free, simple, usable. Trips lined up this summer to Carlisle Pa, San Juan Islands in Washington State, and Pueblo Co. I have a busy couple of weeks coming up. Paint the interior, and install oak flooring, cabinets, and bed.

P1010003.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

Fixing the rusted frame and brake lines on the 2002 Tacoma I bought for my 15yr old son. He’s getting a firsthand education in rust removal and restoration.

A141A38F-CFF1-4A9F-8C43-16F7CE20B862.jpeg

Was a shed and was a shed and soon to be not a shed. Salvage lumber to be used for new lawn tractor and wood shed. 6, heaping 1/2 ton loads of stuff (junk) that I will never use to the dump. Time to purge. Being a pack rat it’s hard to let go because as soon as you pitch it out you find a use for it. Oh well time to reorganize **** has to go to make room for more **** LMAO

CF365B67-276F-4423-9BA2-48B7BCA2A6A8.jpeg

C0994AF2-0A31-4440-9350-F01690AD8BD1.jpeg

Started fabbing a front entry gate for our house. Need to roll the top arched piece and run the electrical today. Would much rather be working on my car, but this is fun too

20220612-093812.jpg

20220612-115746.jpg

In the rural area I live driveway gates are not common. They usually signal to woodbe thieves weather your home or not. Have a few friends that have installed them and removed them for that reason. The other down side is the width of load you can bring onto your place. My experiences

In the rural area I live driveway gates are not common. They usually signal to woodbe thieves weather your home or not. Have a few friends that have installed them and removed them for that reason. The other down side is the width of load you can bring onto your place. My experiences

The gate lock is double-sided with an auto-shut mechanism. They have to enter a code to exit; and if the gate is propped open for > 30 seconds, it sends a message to my phone and ADT.

Which means they're locked in here with me. :)

That's all I'll say about that

Rock chip repair on my truck. Hated seeing it every time I walked by the passenger side rear door.
About the size of a grain of rice.
upload_2022-6-26_8-7-14.png

Cleaned, filled with color, filled some more, add clear, wet sand, polish.
Almost invisible.
V4YEjIbeyDBOO1Yn_QYgRi0pQuhcPzczwOez884TV7hZ3_pOMuivQ7NLCm7uua04_jw9ddc=w1430-h806-no?authuser=0.jpg

Spoiler alert... Not a Mopar, oh the horror!

Currently working on the boat.
Gimbal bearing went south... Bought new in 1993. First time I've had to replace it.
Old bearing is out, new bearing is in. Replaced U-joint Bellows, Exhaust Bellows, Trim limit and Trim sensor, impeller, water intake hose, all new seals, all new zincs.

9jD_odYy0M7QtMmrdeuRG3j-_9klSUPv08hO2MdHPdd4Eu7FvWhPnSqD9G8oNVrI1Jw76Zk=w1430-h806-no?authuser=0.jpg

My home made lower unit dolly/cart.
HF car dolly is the base. Made it easy to remove and move around.
nLW4ys2P5vZ4ui4qV9UVdOqC_Ut5Up3sdCuNOqxh4caGE0bGP_ZVHMBGloYVntVg-jFgu8g=w1430-h806-no?authuser=0.jpg

Decided I might as well paint it while I have it apart...
EoxLJK6XBNI00WeHBO4W7bYokGFXEnjjrlf8WprIUPgielm7nc_dmk7ZxqhfaZD3QZlE0uM=w1430-h806-no?authuser=0.jpg

Lower half hanging from my engine hoist.
gvPFAGOkspwbZTIh7knvduPENHiHnmwO8EK2HuwB0v-hS0n_X7aUKEYiOv8eDCRFkTTBBH4=w1430-h806-no?authuser=0.jpg

Mercruiser Light gray primer, Mercruiser Gloss Back, Top coat with 2K Gloss Clear.
Really impressed with the 2K Clear Topcoat.
If it holds up half as good as it looks it will be even more impressive...
1lx6xKyscGcCTvrAaqC9f15cMk1iI3NM7dqCESmVClleDZ7jDAqTkBms3FrBGc023m4w44Q=w1430-h806-no?authuser=0.jpg

Have the 2 halves back together but still need to install it back on the boat.
I should be out there right now... ;-)

The gate lock is double-sided with an auto-shut mechanism. They have to enter a code to exit; and if the gate is propped open for > 30 seconds, it sends a message to my phone and ADT.

Which means they're locked in here with me. :)

That's all I'll say about that
They can climb can't they?

This Power Vac, or affectionately known as "a GOAT" was delivered to one of the sites where I oversee the training. When they tried to start it fuel ran out the muffler! It's brand new and at around $6K, you'd think it would run right.

So I brought it home, removed and cleaned the carburetor. Runs great now!
20220626_165257.jpg

-
Back