What Non mopar mechanic work are you doing

-
I just started tear down of a 6.0 LS. Going to built as a 388ish turbo drag week deal for a buddies pinto. Shooting for 8.50s.

D94FE5A6-98F3-40E1-9DF6-E11F46389478.jpeg

Picked this up today…. damage on the right side ….looks like he lost the front end…easy fix
2012 Triumph Bonneville

86F64A9F-3C64-4063-9755-4C1D61D9C86E.jpeg

4432D1BB-94CE-4F64-9AB9-116BF71837D6.jpeg

Being a big 8.1 fan, I love this. What transmission? And what are you doing for induction?
No clue and no clue. I am not doing **** for any of it except the paint and body work. I don’t know the first thing about a Chevrolet.

Slowly getting the 400 swap done in Gladys. I got the engine and transmission sitting back in, but it's been raining so much little else done. I'm just crossing my fingers that the cam will break in properly. I do have Crower camsavers in it, so hopefully that'll do it.

Battery relocate in my current build. Battery in the trunk and 2 cables routed to engine bay for install on starter and starter mount bolt.

DSC01816.JPG

DSC01819.JPG

DSC01821.JPG

Remodel 3pt. seat belts in my current build. Installed attachment point above headliner location. I had to modify my Barracuda for the 3pt. belts after the headliner was in-bummer but done now.

DSC01813.JPG

DSC01815.JPG

Impatiently waiting for my heads to come back from the machine shop so I can yank the 305 and drop in a 15k mile 454 truck motor with better intake and long tube headers.
20220830_103429.jpg

This is the kind of stuff that fire me up and encourage me to take on tough projects. Looking good!

I watched a lot of videos on YouTube by a couple of really smart guys that gave me the inspiration to tackle the project.

Bill Pierson in Australia https://www.youtube.com/@BillsBuildandRace shows the average guy how to build parts without all fancy tools.

Craig Coburn in Canada https://www.youtube.com/@ThrottleStopGarage he show how the average guy can build really nice carbon fiber parts at home.

I figure everyone puts their pants on the same way and doing things is really just a mindset. I had never even opened a can of filler prior to watching either

of these guys at work. Nothing ventured! Nothing gained!

Tom

Replacing the dash in my '62 tbird. How can a car this old have this many wires?! Some days I go into the garage, look at this, and just walk right back out.

279458976_10228910576295096_1377001400504758000_n.jpg

Putting new brakes on the plow truck, hopefully that will stop the squeal it has developed

If I have time I'll also weld in some braces on the running boards

Got a little more done on Gladys between rain showers. Ac compressor, alternator and PS pump all back on. Fan, fan shroud and radiator and belts back on. Got the new headers hanging on but not tightened down yet. Passenger's side exhaust run hanging loosely. PCV and main vacuum lines hooked up. It might run this month if I have enough rain free days.

The Tacoma PreRunner I got for my son had some issues with the brakes, part of which was tremendous build up on the rotors. I didn't want to throw new parts at it until i could verify the master and booster were good so i spent an hour or two on Sunday deglazing and knocking the barnacles off the disks with a carbide scraper, rotary disks, and DA sander. Worth the effort, the rotors are almost new dimension and cleaned up well but pads are junk. The truck now actually stops and I've verified the master and booster should be OK. I have new Akebono pads on the way and I think I'll give the current rotors a shot since they cleaned up so well. Four piston calipers will be rebuilt when the pads get here.

IMG_3855.JPG

IMG_3856.JPG

IMG_3862.JPG

IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3870.JPG

This last one doesn't show quite how well they cleaned up. Most of the dark line glaze is gone and there are very light grooving, better than my wife's Honda.

IMG_3868.JPG

Got a little more done on Gladys between rain showers. Ac compressor, alternator and PS pump all back on. Fan, fan shroud and radiator and belts back on. Got the new headers hanging on but not tightened down yet. Passenger's side exhaust run hanging loosely. PCV and main vacuum lines hooked up. It might run this month if I have enough rain free days.

Man, I'm telling you we've had enough rain for another 4 months!!

I didn't have my boat with me, lol.

This summer I'll swing by, for sure. I went to Social Circle yesterday and drove from there to Dublin through Milledgeville. I go to both places about twice a month for work.
We go to Milledgeville all the time. This Saturday probably for a cars and coffee long as the weather's good. .

Got the brakes done AND the running boards braced in, pretty pleased with myself

Take a look at these pads, I'm thinking it may be a good bet those inside ones were the squeakers (fingers crossed)

It seems a little odd that both rear brakes wear heavier on the inside, but I checked the sliders and all is well

20230202_171316.jpg

But then there is little fire danger.
Yeah but you watch. True to form, the VERY first sunny day......when it's still SOAKIN WET on the ground, they'll red flag hell outta us. They always do. That's just stupid.

-
Back