What oil pan?408 in a early A.

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Hi,doing a 408 stroker in a 66 Dart,what have you guys used for oil pans?windage trays,scrappers?stock,custom,aftermarket deep pans?Just trying to see what works in the early A,s with the centerlink location on the pan.Thanks,any pics would help also.

P.S I now have a 77 360 in car.

Milodon makes a nice low profile 7 quart. You will need to notch the stock kmember just a touch. There are no windage trays for that pan.

I would check with Kevko and see if you could use their pan on your early A.

http://www.kevkoracing.com/mopar.htm

I have heard nothing but good things about them. Built in baffles and crank scraper, extra quart capacity but no ground clearance issues. I plan on using one on my 408.

I'm running the Moroso pan. No cutting the K-member, but it is two ta three inches below the K-member.

My oil pan

64 Dart oil Pan.jpg

You cabn use the standard Milodon low profile with the front corners shaved, fits perfect, no cutting of the K required. Sits about 1" below the K.

You can use a windage tray on this engine. Using the mopar main studs for the windage tray, simply use threaded rod and "space" your tray to height. You may have to trim the tray some, but not much I have also used a stock tray on my 422 R-3 block by notching the tray for the main caps. The use of a plasma cutter really makes the tray look like it belongs. Plan on spending a couple of hours on mock-up and final fit!

I like the Moroso 8 quart pan. I can even remove it without lifting the engine or touching the stock motor mounts. I have had the pan off twice while in the car. I do have fenderwell headers so exhaust is not an issue.

How about the Milodon 30750 Pan? It is listed as a stock replacement. I have issues with my drag link hitting the pan on the left side about 3-4 inches forward of the very rear of the pan. Drag link is correct 8 cyl. piece for '65 Valiant.
Moparlee, my '65 is almost a clone of your car.
Bob

I like the Moroso 8 quart pan. I can even remove it without lifting the engine or touching the stock motor mounts. I have had the pan off twice while in the car. I do have fenderwell headers so exhaust is not an issue.

That's what I'm running. You can take yours of on off without raising the motor up? That's cool. I've needed to take the pan off, yet.....knock on wood.

I remember heating and bending my pitman arm and idler arm just enough for proper clearance. Do not go to radical on this, it will effect bump steer! [toe in/toe out] as the front end lifts and lowers through suspension travel.

Well I found a V8 centerlink,so now I won,t have to worry which deep pan I go with.Probably a Milldon though.Thanks for help guys!

-
Back