what oil to use

-
any one using mobil 1 experienceing more then usuall oil leaks or gaskets seaping ???

You know i've heard that before about using synthetics in older engines proning them to more frequent leaks,i know from using nothing but Mobil one in my truck since just about new '01 model,i don't see any leaks...

NO BUT MOST diesel oils also met SM spec for gas engines
So which part of the specs don't you understand? That the allowed HDEO ZDDP levels between the API service ratings is insignificant, or that the API/ISLAC rating scales test different factors?

You know i've heard that before about using synthetics in older engines proning them to more frequent leaks,i know from using nothing but Mobil one in my truck since just about new '01 model,i don't see any leaks...

One of the problems when Synthetics were first introduced for auto engines is that the oil would cause some of the old elastomers, like Buno, to swell and soften from a chemical reaction. I don't think that's been a problem for the last 25 yrs or so especially since oring and elastomer gasket material for sure has caught with these oils. I've been running synthetics in all my daily drivers since the early 80's with no problems.

Terry

if its meets SM how can still have high levels of zinc? when lab test have shown that the new rotela rated SM has lesss than 800 PPM of ZZdP

So which part of the specs don't you understand? That the allowed HDEO ZDDP levels between the API service ratings is insignificant, or that the API/ISLAC rating scales test different factors?

welll why was it discontinued ?? ide perfer straight 30 w,,,but tone wont last for ever,,,

well how much is a ton ???? how long can you run it between oil changes ,,mileage ?? or on a timely basis,,,,, and where is it,,lol

-
Back