What pitman arm do I need?

-

oleyeller

Reaction score
I am pulling the PS off of my 71 Demon and installing a manual box out of a 73 Duster. YEP they look different. Looks like another trip to the parts house. Question is which one do I need? The 73 enters from the top of the center link and of course the 71 comes in from the bottom.What do I need to tell them at the parts counter? I know this has been encountered before by someone. I could not find a posting on it.

Does the 73 centerlink have the same center drop? My plan is a big block one day.

Does the 73 centerlink have the same center drop? My plan is a big block one day.

Yes, same drop. ALL 73-76 A-body centerlinks are the same slant 6 or V8. Don't be fooled by someone trying to sell you a V-8 centerlink for a 73-76 Abody.

Also, All 67-72 A-body centerlinks are the same also, slant 6 or V-8.

Only 63-66 A-body centerlinks are different slant 6 to V-8.

I have a centerlink and idler arm if you are looking for one

As mentioned, they are all the same from 73-76.

There's a lot more confusion on the 67-72 links.

If you have a box out of a 73, I'd be interested in the spline/sector diameter to see if it's the same as 72 down boxes. There is a lot of confusion there as well.

Here's a listing of Moog part numbers. Maybe a good parts house has the specs for each arm in a catalog.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/moognumbers.shtml

I will check the diameters on the spline shafts monday. I think I can get the center link out of the car I got the box out of. I will let you know,thanks

Got back on it today, the pitman arm off of the ps unit fit the manual box. Same shaft diameter and both have 32 splines, Go figure! Sometimes you just never Know whats gonna work.Thanks for everyones input:cheers:

-
Back