What rights do we have against 'civil-forfeiture' when pulled over by the police?

-
the same scanner that law enforcement uses to scan licence plates also picks up the magnetic strips embedded in cash. The average officer equipped with a scanner for licence plates already knows how much money is in your car barring the change in the ashtray just fyi. It is how they find large sums of drug money. keep your withdrawl slip when going to buy a car.

This is disturbing, but not surprising. Things are only going to get worse before they get better again too. Crappy part is, being 23 years old now, I'm going to be the generation that has to deal with it years to come.. I'm leaving for Canada, good beer and at least I would feel like I can stand up for the good of the people, not the jerks up stairs.

the same scanner that law enforcement uses to scan licence plates also picks up the magnetic strips embedded in cash. The average officer equipped with a scanner for licence plates already knows how much money is in your car barring the change in the ashtray just fyi. It is how they find large sums of drug money. keep your withdrawl slip when going to buy a car.

I am going to have to call BS on this. You cannot read Magnetic strips with a laser and a camera and you would not be able to do anything through the metal of the car.

But if you have proof I will read it. :)

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty????

Complacency by the average American.

Low information voters.

Politicians playing Santa Claus to buy votes and keep themselves in power.

People who think sacrificing their rights in order to stay "safe" is worth the false sense of security.

And the list goes on and on.

I have been stopped many times. I've never had a problem. I always complied and was polite.

If a police officer asked me if I had money in the car. I'd say no. I don't understand why they would ask that considering A) it isn't illegal B)it's none of their business My next step would be to immediately contact my lawyer and start a complaint and a lawsuit. There are very few reasons they would ask and none are legitimate.

I keep no more than 2,000$ in my account to pay my bills via check. The rest goes in the safe. I only use my CC in a pinch or for online purchases.

I'd like to here more about proof that they can scan your car for money.

the same scanner that law enforcement uses ....................

I am going to have to call BS on this. You cannot read Magnetic strips with a laser and a camera and you would not be able to do anything through the metal of the car.

But if you have proof I will read it. :)

This is not B.S. This is MORE than B.S. This is ...........................

1242749315_bullshit_amplifier-detector.gif

The story I heard years ago when the "strips" first appeared was that they are metallic, and can be picked up by a metal detector in an airport if there is any large quantity.

The story I heard years ago when the "strips" first appeared was that they are metallic, and can be picked up by a metal detector in an airport if there is any large quantity.

Put the bill in the microwave for 30 seconds. See what happens.

'Tell ya. Some of this is really over the top. Buy more tinfoil

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmS5pVEZHzg"]Radiation Blocked! Stop Smart Meter Radiation - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdcmbJKvm24"]* DANGER* Smart meters being installed by global utilities....UN Agenda 21 * DANGER* - YouTube[/ame]

There has been talk of the plate scanners ability to detect large amounts of cash in vehicles.

I'm not saying it's a fact, but there has been discussion, and the ACLU is actively fighting to limit the use of the plate scanners.

Here in America, if you don't like it..

Attachments

• BrkdwadCEAAfQSJ.jpg large.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 176
Someone posted a story a while back about getting screwed over by the Pennsylvania police for his trailer while driving back from the Mopar Nats.

What can go wrong & what would be the best course of action when the police officer is asking you if you have any large sums of money in your car?

Say no to the sum of money then refuse a search(as is your right).

Whats sad is that we are supposed to "trust" the police to do everything legal and by the book. Yeah right, that blew the BS meter up. But why trust them when it's their very nature to not trust anyone not in the cadre.....

I was told to store the cash in a container immune to any scanner, and decline to answer any questions. Simple stupid answers eventually wear them (cops)out. just like I was taught in real estate."you have two ears and one mouth, so you listen twice as long as you speak, if at all.'

The strip's sole purpose is the foiling of counterfeiters. It, along with a number of other security features worked into the nation's bank notes, make it far harder on the criminal element to produce phony bills that will be mistaken for the real thing. Other features include the microprinting of "The United States of America" within the rim surrounding the portraits on bills, a watermark displayed elsewhere on the bill of the figure in the portrait, and optically variable ink (OVI) which changes from green to black in the number in the lower right-hand corner of the bill when viewed from different angles. As for the suspect strip, it is made of polyester and is inscribed with the denomination of the bill

This is what they say. my wife told it to me and she works for police dept. Who knows I know they have scanners front, back, and on both sides of their cars.

I cut the floorbump out of a demon once in a salvage yard with a hammer and chisel. accidently smacked the dash and out came a small case. complete w spoon,needle and surgical tubing. Sorry you want to search my car get a warrant. Think of all the stuff you have found in cars over the years.

I might be paranoid but I am still free and alive. you do what you want I will continue to keep my withdrawl slips. I also print craigslist ads and the number and address I am given. These I leave at home when I go buy parts/cars. Helps find my corpse if it all goes wrong.

Isn't it sad where most of us are with the law?? Hardly anybody trust them anymore. So, when the ones that are suppose to uphold our rights are the ones that violate them, it's time for major overhaul....

What is a large sum of money?

Unless he specifies an amount I would assume anything over 10 million in cash would be large.

Heck, 10 K in cash isn't large, you can hold in your hand and that isn't very large at all.

Never Lie to a Cop, it can be considered a crime.

:)

And why would you be carrying large sums of money in your car? Hell, I can't remember the last time I actually had cash on me. Absolutely no need for greenbacks anymore.

Because most swap meet vendors do not take debit cards!

Myth! There are plenty of magnetic objects in a car already! (Off the top of my head, there are at least five strong magnets in my Dakota.)

Unless he specifies an amount I would assume anything over 10 million in cash would be large.

Heck, 10 K in cash isn't large, you can hold in your hand and that isn't very large at all.

Never Lie to a Cop, it can be considered a crime.

:)

Never say ANYTHING to a cop, except, "This conversation are being recorded and transmitted off-site in real time," and "Am I being detained or am I free to go?"

THIS
Never say ANYTHING to a cop, except, "This conversation are being recorded and transmitted off-site in real time," and "Am I being detained or am I free to go?"

THIS
Complacency by the average American.

Low information voters.

Politicians playing Santa Claus to buy votes and keep themselves in power.

ESPECIALLY THIS
People who think sacrificing their rights in order to stay "safe" is worth the false sense of security.

And the list goes on and on.

And This

Attachments

• Road Pirates.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 98

This - but get a discreet video recorder , there is a former cop selling pens and usb adapter looking cameras that record hd video and audio , do not tell them how you are recording just that you are . Thanks to mobile internet and cell capabilities it is entirely possible to upload real time to number of storage sites . Remember in the real world there is only 2 laws that apply to police - 1 They can 2 They will , and since none of you are actually willing to do what it takes to stop those 2 laws you can expect things to continue down the slope .

-
Back