What should I do?

-
This is all good info to know. If FC7Demon340 isn't responding after being tagged multiple times, that says a lot right there. I'm glad I dodged a bullet with this member, I inquired about a set of 64 V8 motor mounts and opted not to buy, he wanted $325 for the set which was about triple the normal price.

This is all good info to know. If FC7Demon340 isn't responding after being tagged multiple times, that says a lot right there. I'm glad I dodged a bullet with this member, I inquired about a set of 64 V8 motor mounts and opted not to buy, he wanted $325 for the set which was about triple the normal price.

Yup, he took off for awhile, laid low and now he’s back….buyer beware!!

If you send the information to his local police station, they likely may already have a file on him, and just need another documented complaint to take action .
A police officer phoning, or knocking on the door kinda commands attention !
Good luck !

Last edited:
I haven't read the whole thread, enough to know FC7Demon340 is a POS & enough to know PayPal FnF is a bad idea (As if I ddn't already know that)
Not meaning to give the O/P a bad time but for the benefit of others first guys asking about sending funds without protection aught to be considered a red flag...
But if you decide to go forward with a deal consider paying the seller fee to PP so your protected & the seller doesn't have to pay it....
3% of $500 is $15.... I'd rather lose $15 on every $500 transaction than lose $500 on one transaction...

Lots of posts blaming the buyer on here. I mean yeah, you gotta do your due diligence but we tend to put more trust into people who have hundreds of posts and are a part of the community here.

If someone is a known member around here, I'm not going to ask him to do a Maxim photoshoot on every part sold because I trust that he's telling the truth.

99.999% of the blame is on the seller here. Misrepresented part that he knew was unusable trash and decided to stick someone with it anyway. You've got a responsibility as a seller to be honest and up front about the condition of the parts you're selling. You don't get to just be as vague as possible and then blame the buyer for not doing a ton of detective work to ensure you aren't selling a heap of trash or not.

"Uncle Tony" stuck me with a rusty spare tire well that was swiss cheese one time and then told me that "5 minutes with the welder" was all that was required to fix it. He knew I was replacing a rusty part and sold me a rusty part anyway. So he's trash to me, just like the seller of that dash.

So, I’m not going to bash FC7, but I will say that it takes all of about 2 minutes to take pictures of the part after it’s been removed and send them over to a perspective buyer. Anybody that has bought items from me over the years can tell you that I take pictures, sometimes lots of them, especially if the item is an assembly such as the dash. If you mentioned the tach in the ad, take a pic of it, same with the dash pad. If the frame has damage, take a pic and send it to the perspective buyer. It should not be the buyers responsibility to have to ask for pics of areas that may be of concern. It’s just good business, and I want my customers happy when they receive their stuff, especially when there are so many areas that need description. It would’ve solved this problem before it ever became a problem. Don’t have the time to do so, don’t list the item until you do have the time, problem solved. That’s my opinion, but I think it’s a good one.

Hmm, seems all the comments on his FB posts have been removed! Hiding from something, maybe? Or just trying to take advantage of the unknowing public?

I just seen this on FB….

60953620-E221-42E3-874A-7592A8E260F4.jpeg

So Joe…or Charles….whatever name you go by…..am I supposed to be happy with this garbage you sold me? It’s all junk, rotted off hinges on the gas pedals, firewall bracket has 2 broken off studs, can’t even take the time to remove the throttle cable you just cut it off. And the smaller bracket that goes on the engine side of firewall was completely missing!

@FC7Demon340 do you think this is acceptable?? You wouldn’t even reply to my many messages….you said “I’m not a scammer and have never ripped someone off” but I gotta say, I feel like you ripped me off!!

F6396532-0FCA-43BB-A9D1-09B9853935AB.jpeg

8A3BB536-C736-4915-8829-C0418E677DBB.jpeg

BCA4F8FF-3AF7-477D-B64B-31BDEDBF345E.jpeg

39400BB9-3A3B-48E4-95D1-759BC4C0E04B.jpeg

8D9A24C4-2C77-4F57-BC39-31328D265C1E.jpeg

Last edited:
So Joe…or Charles….whatever name you go by…..am I supposed to be happy with this garbage you sold me? It’s all junk, rotted off hinges on the gas pedals, firewall bracket has 2 broken off studs, can’t even take the time to remove the throttle cable you just cut it off. And the smaller bracket that goes on the engine side of firewall was completely missing!

@FC7Demon340 do you think this is acceptable?? You wouldn’t even reply to my many messages….you said “I’m not a scammer and have never ripped someone off” but I gotta say, I feel like you ripped me off!!

View attachment 1716045276

View attachment 1716045277

View attachment 1716045278

View attachment 1716045279

View attachment 1716045280
Holy crap, how much did that cost you?

Holy crap, how much did that cost you?

$150 shipped for those and a 1966 trunk prop rod….think it was $50 for the pedal stuff.

For quite a while I was checking out his profile after he wouldn’t reply to my messages, I could see that he was active, it showed the day and the time, I even messaged him after I seen he was on, and still got no reply. All you need to do is go on anybody’s profile and click on their activity, and it will show when they were last on, right down to the time and date. It’s impossible to log into your account and not see that you have messages, or several notifications from all the members who were “tagging” him….so he just flat out ignored us all.

At this point I’d just be happy to get my $50 back and leave this all behind me, those parts I received were junk and that wasn’t right, and neither is ignoring me.

Last edited:
I never received a picture of the back sides, after all I was trusting him…..this was the picture he sent

7B4A108E-5EC1-4215-A199-91DEC5DC0F58.jpeg

I find it surprising that @66signet still hasn't left negative feedback over the dash. Not everyone's going to find this thread, but anyone with the sense to check his feedback would see something's askew.

I find it surprising that @66signet still hasn't left negative feedback over the dash. Not everyone's going to find this thread, but anyone with the sense to check his feedback would see something's askew.

I was waiting to hear from him before I did, probably waited too long and it seems I can’t leave neg feedback now….

View attachment 1716045276

View attachment 1716045277

View attachment 1716045278

View attachment 1716045279

View attachment 1716045280
OMG, that’s total garbage. Kim

That sucks, but if you're not going to leave negative feedback, how can you expect for this not to happen to someone else?

I bought a part from a member here, and paid what I thought was a fair price. I got the part and its not what was advertised and it is rusted to the point of not being a useable part for me. I got it over a month ago and sent a message to the seller about the part not being what is was supposed the be and of the rust condition. He told me he would make it right. I didn't hear anything for a month so I messaged him. He said he had more than one of these so I asked about the condition of the other parts and he said he would send pics of the other one,that was a week ago and I don't have pics. I paid about twice what I would have if this was a usable because of the way its was represented in the ad. I paid PayPal friends and family to save him the fees so I probably have nothing there to file a claim. I don't know if I waited long enough to name names or not. I see he has more parts he is selling and I don't want someone else to get screwed out of their money. I lost 500.00 out of my car budget with this guy. I have bought a lot of parts here for my car and all have been really good transactions. Buyer beware.

never , ever pay friends and family , paypal fees are cheaper than getting junk parts .

never , ever pay friends and family
I always pay friends but I do my due diligence first. I ask for lots of photos, and am very specific about what I expect. I have not had a bad experience.

I also weigh how much I'm willing to loose if I choose poorly.

never , ever pay friends and family , paypal fees are cheaper than getting junk parts .
There’s lots of people here I would pay F&F too if they wanted, but if I sell something I always insist on G&S, for the added protection for both parties.

I went through a failed purchase 2 months ago with a guy on another forum. He had a shift handle for sale for a $100 bucks plus shipping, I offered him $125 with shipping (if the shipping was more I made out, if less he made out), he accepted the deal.
I sent the money through PayPal to his account, 10 minutes latter he messages me telling me that I am ripping him off and that he wants his money now and is not going to wait for it , and he will send the handle out next week or no deal. So I called PayPal to find out what was going on, well PayPal put my money in his account but froze his account along with this message. THIS TRANSACTION INVOLVE A HIGHER THAN USUAL RISK AND WE WILL RELEASE YOUR PAYMENT AS SOON AS YOU SHOW PROOF OF SHIPMENT TO YOUR CUSTOMER!
So deal didn't go down and I had to file a grievance with PayPal to get my money back.
With the message PayPal sent him, who do you guys think was the one that PayPal was targeting as a risk, me or the seller?

THIS TRANSACTION INVOLVE A HIGHER THAN USUAL RISK AND WE WILL RELEASE YOUR PAYMENT AS SOON AS YOU SHOW PROOF OF SHIPMENT TO YOUR CUSTOMER
I have never seen that.

So seller shows you, the buyer, a tracking number, buyer clicks on something on PayPal site, PayPal releases the funds?

What if buyer doesn't click on the release funds button?

What if seller has a tracking number but doesn't put the item in the mail system?

I wonder what makes PayPal flag an account that way?

No the seller was suppose to prove to PayPal that the package was shipped and that I received it, which I figure would meen tracking with a signed delivery receipt. I have never seen a response from PayPal like that before either, so the other guy must of had a few grievances against him or something for PayPal to flag him this way. I do not sell with PayPal I only buy and the money was already taken out of my account. The guy was also a little hot under the collar because I didn't send the money through FnF, so he could have his money immediately without the 3% charge. I don't know why everyone gets all bent out of shape over a 3% charge. When most states have sales tax higher than that, I'm at 8% where I live and 3% of a $100 dollars is 3 dollars. If that's going to put the guy in the poor house, he should have figure it into the price ahead of time. Plus that 3% protects the seller and the buyer against fraud.

Wow. After reading this thread, I have changed my mind about how I go about buying parts on this site. As a few others have said, the majority of the posts say that the buyer was in the wrong or at least should have done this or should have done that. What happened to honesty and integrity?

-
Back