What stupid things have you done?

-
I got drunk and destroyed my best friends truck over a girl, oh year he stole a bunch of my **** at school including money.. I regret it but that was in the days of vengence. The other thing I have done was make compression bombs at night, got caught and earned disturbing the peace. Also not buying a 1973 plymouth roadrunner when I had the money. http://musclecarstation.com/ under cars for sale. 3000.00

One more quick one.

When I was a trainee at a dealership, I was working next to the shop foreman who was the guy responsible for my training.
Well, he was getting his *** handed to him with this lemon of a car with a weird intermittent electrical glitch that was still present even after replacing the body harness, engine harness and fuel computer, and just about every sensor under the sun.
The regional special tech was assisting him and they were both at wits end with this car and the customer was giving them hell.

He had another car on the lift next to him and was rushing to get it out of the way which was just a simple lube service, but I just happened to look over at him and he was pumping the washer resevoir full of motor oil and shaking his head in frustration with a wild eyed look on his face.
Sooooo.... I calmly walked over to him and quietly said so nobody else could hear "Hey Bob, why don't you go to lunch and I'll finish this car up for you buddy, just tell me what it needs yet."
He asked why. and I sheepishly said "Because you are pumping oil into the washer resevoir?"

He immediately stopped and looked confusingly at what he was doing and shook his head, and said "Oh my God, I'm going out of my friggin mind today."

I was like "Uh, yeah, I can see that, It's okay, I got this so just go to lunch and I'll yank the bottle, and clean it out and nobody will know but you an me about this."

He was like "uh, sounds good to me, thanks man",and wondered off aimlessly like a deer in headlights off to lunch.

This guy was one of those guys that you did not want to approach when he was in a bad mood and had a history of throwing people across the shop on their *** when provoked in the slightest when he was pissed so you had to approach him like you would a sick animal in a corner. LOL.

I can only imagine how ugly that situtation would have been if one of the big mouthed asswipe, crybabies on the other side of the shop would have got wind of that one, someone probably would have been hurt badly.ha, ha.

One time I pulled into a friends townhouse parking lot and seen he was under his 67 Chevy II.I get out and ask what he,s doing?He says he,s stuck?He had pulled the 4 speed out on his chest and was pinned between the pavement and the car LOL.He had tried to slide out,to no luck.When I got him out,his back was ripped open from trying to slide out with the tranny on his chest.Real smart move on his part,he was lucky I pulled in when I did.:stop:

We've all done some dumb things but this one brings stupidity to a new level. This is so unbelievable that I wouldn't tell this story if I didn't have a witness. (Rob R) There was a guy we knew that drank & toked way too much. He had an ugly Lime Green 68 383 4speed Dart GTS. It was really quick but kinda beat. This was over 30yrs ago, it was just an abused musclecar then.

Winter was coming & his mom told him she needed the garage for her Toyota. One evening we went over to his place & there, in his garage was his mom's Toyota. Leaning up against one wall was the font half of his car & of course leaning against the other wall was the back half.

Apparently, in a stoned & drunken stupor he & 2 of his buddies cut the car in half with his torches.(sawsalls weren't around then) According to him, in the spring they were going to just weld it back together.

I never saw the car again & lost track of the guy. I often wonder what ever happened to him & his car.

I'm too stupid to even remember all the stupid things I've done!!!

What stupid things have i done? What havent i done?

Everyones read the one where i jumped the car across the intersection, fun, but stupid.

Everyones read the story about me trying to purposly seize my motor by draining the oil out and running it. Really stupid if i think back on it.

Same Custom 880, when i was 10 or so, I always wondered if the radio faceplate was glass or plastic. HMMM, instead of asking, i took the cigaratte lighter and activated it, and set it on there. Hmm, guess its plastic, my parents were pissed.

Around christmas, not to long ago. We had a wood stove, i started a fire in it, about a hr later i look over and the candle tin that was sitting on top was boiling, stupidly, i try to move it, boiling wax all over my hands.

I look at it and think to myself, boy, this should probably hurt, right at that instant it did, and i watched my skin on my thumb peel off, so i dunk my hands in the sink, hhmmm now what?

As long as i kept my hands under running cold water it didnt really hurt that bad, but i couldnt stay there all day, so i called the hospital, they told me to have someone bring me in. Nobody home, guess i will drive myself, needless to say, i amazed everybody in the emergency room by doing that. Had to get debreeded each day for two weeks after that.

Worked for Honda Auto Center right after high school as the lot boy, parking cars and driving people home.

CRX's were new then, i took a customer home in his car, and drove back, i was going to fast around a corner and slid it into a curb, really hard, that was the end of that job.

Other stupid stuff, threw a kleenex out the window, right in front of city hall, not thinking about it, and got a "Failure to Yield" ticket, as well as a littering ticket, when i kept going, wondering why the cop was behind me with his lights on.

Actually stopping for a cop, who was pointing a radar gun right at me, but not paying attention, going around a blind corner. Stopped across the road, waited, hum dee dum, he finally comes up to me, "can I help you". Ummmm...............wasnt i speeding? "Oh yeah, but i had a problem with my equipment over there, thanks for stopping" DOH!!!!!!!!!!

There are probably other stupid things

Have you ever seen an engine spin backwards :angry7: well let's just say I did not know marine engines do:angry7: I help a friend put a starter on his truck, It took a couple minutes before we seen why it was not starting 8)

Have you ever seen an engine spin backwards :angry7: well let's just say I did not know marine engines do:angry7: I help a friend put a starter on his truck, It took a couple minutes before we seen why it was not starting 8)

What kind of marine engine was it? I cross referenced a starter for my 3.0 Mercruiser for a hr with a NAPA guy, i wasnt going to pay $230 for a marine starter. I bought the GM one for $40 and took it apart and sealed it myslef.

Aside from the Dart, I have a '39 Ford. Put an engine in it and new auto trans. Pulled into the bank nite teller and was in a hurry as the cars stacked up behind me. When I was done, the car wouldn't start. Popped the hood and thought I'd just jump across the solenoid switch. The car started and was in drive- The neutral safety switch had been doing its job! Luckily, it only creeped ahead a few feet before I jumped in and took off! What a dumb ***!

Another time I was tuning a car and took it for a test drive. Reved it up pretty good when the fan broke. Instant 2" tall blister in the hood and lots of steam. Part of the fan blew through the inner fender and was lying on top of the tire. I remember grabbing onto the heater hose and holding up the water pump which had ripped off the engine. Inspection showed a crack in one of the fan blades starting from a rivet. The crack was rusty; Could have broke at any time. Since then, I'm careful to never stand in the same plane as the fan when an engine is running. Good advice for the rest of you.

Old Detroit Diesels were well known for running backwards. The two stroke ones are the ones that do this. And they were widely used in marine applications.

Leanna you have no idea how many times I have picked up a piece of metal 10 seconds after I just finished welding it without any gloves on. I'm a bone head.

I did that the other day. Was practicing welding after work and realized that i had to get home so I could get some things done here... put down the torch and unplugged the welder... shut the valve of the gas off... took my gloves off and then grabbed the piece i had been welding. Boy did I drop that thing fast!

Luckilly... I have yet to really do any damage at work. 1 month down... hundreds to go.

I was changing the grill on the Valiant, and I managed to smash a large hole in the radiator fins with both my fist and the ratchet handle. Antifreeze everywhere, radiator totally useless. And of course it had to be a day I needed to drive the Valiant somewhere.

When I first got the Demon it had headers on it, time after time of replaced the leaking gaskets, I got tired of it and took it to a muffler shop to have them put my stock manifolds back on and do the pipe bending. They left the door open and ran the car up and down the lift, putting a nice heavy scratch down the door. Need less to say I was a little upset, they said they would fix it, well...... me thinking fast on my feet said, ("just erase the bill and I will have it fixed myself and call it even"), I know a body shop guy that will take care of it cheaper than the exhaust bill.......Stupid, Stupid, Stupid......Should have checked with the body shop guy first. I think just the paint cost more than the exhaust shop's bill was. In the end I just had the whole car repainted. THEN to make matters worse I drove the car home and HATED the loss of horse power, I could not believe what a difference the Headers made, I immediately ordered a set of headers and took off the stock manifolds, Drove the car OPEN HEADERS to a DIFFERENT shop and had them connected. I now have the older Hi Performance exhaust manifolds on the car. Probably not as good as headers, ( cost more ) BUT, they never leak.

Had a 71 Road runner about 20 years ago. Went to drive it up on ramps to do some work underneath. After some initial resistence, I gave it a little too much gas, and drove right over the ramps.

Got out of the car, and saw the ramps firmly wedged under the rocker panels, front suspension in almost full drop, but the wheels still touching the ground.

It took a couple of jacks, and some patience, but I raised the car high enough to remove the ramps.

Amazingly, there was little damage. The front fenders were untouched, the rocker panels held up without any dents, but i needed to straighten out some sheetmetal underneath, along where the bottom of the front fender bolts on.

When I was 17 I cut the tip of my right index finger on a table saw. didn't cut it off sawed it up length ways. Never run your fingers between the guide bar and the blade!
See I'm a lot smarter now.

Oh and never use needle nose pliers to make spark plug wires because they can slip off and jam the end of the pliers under your thumb nail popping it off your thumb. So now you know I learned two things early in life.

I needed to work under my car and had no ramps, so I jacked it up and set it on concrete blocks. they broke while I was under it! Luckily it was a light car. I was able to prop it up with my arms enough to breathe until my wife came out to see how I was doing! NEVER NEVER NEVER USE CONCRETE (CINDER, MASONRY, TILE, ETC.) BLOCKS TO HOLD UP A CAR!!!!!!!!!! I was lucky, I lived.

Anyone ever electrocute themselves with a spark plug tester? I'm not proud to say i have while working on my ATV. It hurts...lol

I widened the bolt pattern on a pair of Chevy 15x7 deep 5 slot wheels to fit my 71 Duster I had when I was 17.Went cruising one night and one fell off right there on the strip,lol.Painted some parts and forgot to add hardener to clear(thank God it was only a door and fender)Drank the water in Mexico,forgot to switch my digital multimeter from OHMS to volts when I went to check voltage(I only blew the fuse,which was good because its a pretty costly Fluke )oh man I could go all night,lol.And ouch about the car breaking the cinderblocks.Thankfully you were ok :shock:

Anyone ever electrocute themselves with a spark plug tester? I'm not proud to say i have while working on my ATV. It hurts...lol
I use to do it on purpose to check for spark.I know,i was very stupid then.lol
But I learned the hardway NOT to ever do that on HEI cars(the jolt knocked me on my ***)

Had a 71 Road runner about 20 years ago. Went to drive it up on ramps to do some work underneath. After some initial resistence, I gave it a little too much gas, and drove right over the ramps.

Got out of the car, and saw the ramps firmly wedged under the rocker panels, front suspension in almost full drop, but the wheels still touching the ground.

It took a couple of jacks, and some patience, but I raised the car high enough to remove the ramps.

Amazingly, there was little damage. The front fenders were untouched, the rocker panels held up without any dents, but i needed to straighten out some sheetmetal underneath, along where the bottom of the front fender bolts on.

Oh, one more stupid thing, i worked at a gas station that had a towing service. They had 5 or so tow trucks. One was a old classic 67 or so Ford truck. We put it on the alighnment rack at night.

It was a manual trans. I put it on the rack one night and let the clutch out before the engine quit, and it jumped of the end. It wouldnt roll back over on its own power, so i hooked up the winch of the 6 ton truck to it.

Well i didnt shut the door all the way, so the truck yanked it over the edge and the door caught the wheel balancer that was beside the rack, bending it back. That was the end of that job too.

Ouch... ramps! I did that with a volkswagon Jetta. Also drove the same jetta over a concrete bumper in a parking lot. I somehow picked the only row of spaces in the lot with concrete stops. When I came back out, the spaces all around me were flat and no one was parked in front of me, sooo, up and over. The car was so low (stock, not lowered) that I had to jack it up and push it off the jack to get free! Felt stupid and everyone who saw me had to know exactly how I got there. Nobody stops to help a moron in a Jetta.

-
Back