What the heck is that

-

AUSA66

Reaction score
great linkages for sale on Faceblock

butchery.jpg

20210521_113343.jpg
20210521_113348.jpg
I saw a pic of a Mr. Norm's set up. Looked just like that. I'm rebuilding carbs for a customer now that has one of these. Same linkage and all.

Last edited:
That's a triple dose of hot rod right there boy's! Old school, hell yeah! 65'

For a drag car with a high stall converter it would work ok. Not the greatest setup for the street getting rid of the vacuum pods that should work the outer carbs.

That's badass. I bet it'll haul the mail when it's right.

Back in the mid to late 70s, I fabbed up something like that for a 64GTO/389, by customer request. I didn't think it would work, but that is what he wanted. I built the auto in it as well and it had a pretty fancy 2-speed TorqueConvertor in it. I think that is what saved it cuz in the end she was a pretty good street blaster. My rods were not that overkill tho,lol.

For a drag car with a high stall converter it would work ok. Not the greatest setup for the street getting rid of the vacuum pods that should work the outer carbs.

is that to make the out board carbs manual instead of vac operated?

Those carbs are the MP performance (or Ford) carbs. They are mechanical. No vacuum pods. They worked on everyday HP Ford offerings. Why would anyone think it needs a high stall and gear is beyond me. Though I’m sure they didn’t come with 2.76 gears....

Last edited:
Have you ever worked on a 6 pack?
A mechanical 6 pack?
yes I've worked on several, the first picture is of vacuum carbs, the next set of picture's are the one's sold with acc pumps for the mechical linkage. they worked . there is no way you could open the throttle with michanical linkage and vacuum linkage and not have it stumble or bog without acc pump putting in extra fuel unless you were at a high rpm. you can tell the carbs cause the fuel inlets were on the drivers side.

I agree that the vacuum carbs are not a good thing to change over to a mechanical set up. That’s just bad ju-ju.

Back in the mid to late 70s, I fabbed up something like that for a 64GTO/389, by customer request. I didn't think it would work, but that is what he wanted. I built the auto in it as well and it had a pretty fancy 2-speed TorqueConvertor in it. I think that is what saved it cuz in the end she was a pretty good street blaster. My rods were not that overkill tho,lol.

I bet that was one of them Buick "Switch Pitch" torque converters. They were purdy cool.

is that to make the out board carbs manual instead of vac operated?

Yeah, but in order for it to work well, you need to add accelerator pumps to the outboards.....which they did. A triple pumper. lol

-
Back