What to use for the transmission cooling lines

-
Pre-bent repros for most engine/tranny combos are readily available, and inexpensive. Avoid rubber as much as possible.

I have ran rubber and hard lines before....either way will work, but rubber can be troublesome.

You will most likly have to deal with leaks at one point or another and if you do run rubber you do not want to run it the entire length...only a 3 inch piece or so in between metal line and even then you will want to flare both ends and probably double hose clamp it lol.

So ya,stick with all metal and avoid the hassle involved with rubber line.

Rubber line is more of something I would use if you popped a metal line and needed a quick fix but if your doing all new than just do it all the right way and be done with it.

Good luck

what are the lengths? 10ft, probably? I have a cheap line bender.....

if i remember i used 6 foot for each line. its hard to bend so make sure its a decent bending tool. also you need to make double flares and the cheap tools don't seem to make them all that well. whatever you do stay away from rubber. thats an accident waiting to happen.

i used the 3/8 aluminum line (used for fuel) from i think it was mancini. 20ish bucks for 25 ft roll.

if i remember i used 6 foot for each line. its hard to bend so make sure its a decent bending tool. also you need to make double flares and the cheap tools don't seem to make them all that well. whatever you do stay away from rubber. thats an accident waiting to happen.

Just bought two 60 inch lengths....and a double flare tool that cost 50 bucks :spiderma: it better be a good one or i'm going to have a heart attack....

i yous 3/8 brake line tubing it flows better and runs cooler and is easy to bend you can get all the brass to connect it .especially if you have any kind of converter.

WOW......how much did the line tool alone cost? because you can get them locally for a decent price at the autoparts store and I have a couple kits....I could have sent you one for a cheap price too!

WOW......how much did the line tool alone cost? because you can get them locally for a decent price at the autoparts store and I have a couple kits....I could have sent you one for a cheap price too!

I think my line bending tool was like 10 or 15 bucks.. from a different place...

I picked up a bunch of stuff, and he said the grand total was 100.... *gulp* Didn't know what was so spendy until I looked at the receipt..$50!!...I didn't have the balls to take it back... oh well, it looks better than the last cheap flare tool I had.. It was only a single flare tool, but it was pot metal and split apart on the 5th use...

I think my line bending tool was like 10 or 15 bucks.. from a different place...

I picked up a bunch of stuff, and he said the grand total was 100.... *gulp* Didn't know what was so spendy until I looked at the receipt..$50!!...I didn't have the balls to take it back... oh well, it looks better than the last cheap flare tool I had.. It was only a single flare tool, but it was pot metal and split apart on the 5th use...

Well atleast you can count it as one more tool to add to the box for future use!.

did the kit come with everything to cut and flar and double flare and bend and everything?

Well atleast you can count it as one more tool to add to the box for future use!.

did the kit come with everything to cut and flar and double flare and bend and everything?

I already have a bending tool

this is a carquest double flaring tool... so it has all those little pieces to put in the tube... but still, probably got ripped off 20 bucks... Damn impulse purchases!

Best advice i have is twist coat hangers together and bend and shape them till youre happy with the way it looks and then use the coathanger as a template. this works great for fuel and brake lines also,When you bend the lines include a dogleg by the radiator for expansion and contraction. this will keep leaks from popping up.

Best advice i have is twist coat hangers together and bend and shape them till youre happy with the way it looks and then use the coathanger as a template. this works great for fuel and brake lines also,When you bend the lines include a dogleg by the radiator for expansion and contraction. this will keep leaks from popping up.

sweet idea! thanks!

-
Back