What vehicles came with a 904 tranny and an LA 360?

-

bighammer

Reaction score
I'm trying to locate an "off the shelf" torque converter for my combination. I would like it to be a factory "high stall" converter. It needs to fit a 904 / TF6 tranny and an LA 360, externally balanced engine.

Was this combination ever offered from the factory? What vehicle? It would be much simpler to shop for one if I could simply spec out the factory replacement. Since it was not offered for my Dart, it's difficult to do the online shopping without having a part number!

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Dodge Magnums and Chrysler Cordobas came with that combo for sure. 1976 up. Some we're lock up units but I've killed a few that had a standard 904.

Thanks Brad! BTW, I still haven't used the quarter patch panel I bought from you, but I'm happy with it, thanks again

Use a standard TC for the 904 and a balanced B&M flex plate...easier...

Dang this whole converter thing has got me WHIPPED. Why does this have to be so difficult for me?? Isn't there an "easy button" somewhere? Lol

It just seems like I would be better off to spend the extra $90 (what the flex plate costs) towards the torque converter. But maybe that's not going to be an option? I'm still looking for an off the shelf, factory "high stall" weighted TC for a 904

So far it appears to me that all the factory high stalls were used exclusively in the 727 trannys; not in the 904 (?)

Dang this whole converter thing has got me WHIPPED. Why does this have to be so difficult for me?? Isn't there an "easy button" somewhere? Lol

there is an easy button.. its called "add to cart" on summit or jegs for a b&m flexplate. then you can put just about any 904 neutral balance converter in the car.

How much does a factory hi-stall cost? Probably can get a new b&m/tci for not much more or even a good used unit on here.

there is an easy button.. its called "add to cart" on summit or jegs for a b&m flexplate. then you can put just about any 904 neutral balance converter in the car.

I am amazed with how long this conversation has gone on...am I missing something.. spec a high stall unbalanced TQ for a 360..buy a weighted flex plate and bob is your uncle..

his is just too easy..so I really must be missing something...

I had a 79 5th avenue with a 360 2bbl and a 904 lock up that ran really well.

I had a hughes from summit a while back they asked me If I wanted the weight or without one, talk with them, or get one built.

-
Back