What was your first CAR?

-
Those were nice little cars, bad part is getting in the back seat. Being 6'4" did not make it easy

I can believe that. The only time I sat in back was when my brother still owned it and I was a young and shorter lad back then.

when water hits it it cause it to split the hydrogen and oxygen makes big badaboom lol not real explode but close enough like dumping gas on it instead of water and burns way hotter idk about this tell the fireman told me

It is wearing the same paint it did when I bought it, mainly kept it nice. I replaced the 318 with a 340 a year later, then after that a 727 an 8 3/4 went in. I also added the Road Runner hood and painted it to match, stripe was painted on to match the pinstripe on the side. I also added bucket seats from a Road Runner, the color even matched the interior.

Too bad you parted it out, Mustangs are worth good money today
Was just the first of many bad decisions when it comes to cars. The motor from the Mustang ended up in my v-8 Ranger that I had for a while, trans did to. Was a great running 302....just got swamped a few to many times. That truck was another one I regret getting rid of. I put it together with parts from Total Performance out of Michigan. I was one of the first guys to use his v-8 Ranger stuff. That truck took a pounding off road. Ran it against my old 340 Dart a few times at Island Dragway. Sad to say it out ran the Dart. Truck ran 13.0. No OD and gears tore up several motors. Was beyond fun off road. Was one of those vehicles that dents meant nothing to. Had to clearance the fenders/quarters so fired up the sawzall and had at it.

The 1987 Honda CRX HF

images

First car I baught, fixed and drove to work, unfortunately no actual pics:

Stolen 3 times during the time I owned it, about 2 years. Served me well after I fixed it up. One fun memory, While accidentally taking a left from the middle lane of a one way street, doing about 25, a Jetta blindsided me and t-boned me pretty good, smacked my door pillar in. I had to ride dukes of hazzard style for the rest of the time I owned it, another year or so...

Good times.

I had to ride dukes of hazzard style for the rest of the time I owned it, another year or so...

Good times.

nice!!!! my brother first was a 70 roadrunner hemi orange lots of confused people thought it was the dukes charger didnt help for a long time that we jumped in the windows because his latches were stuck lol this one isnt his but identical down to the same mags

Attachments

• DCP_1290.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 256
68 Olds Cutlass $ loved the car HATED the trans power-glide, had everyone fooled into believing it was a three spd car.

Attachments

• 68CutlassFrontDriver.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 261
  • 68CutlassDriver.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 256
  • 68CutlassRear.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 227
1969 Ford Mustang Coupe! Had the original 302 in it! Raced it alot at the Famosa Dragstrip in bakersfield! LOved that car to death but had to let it go due to rough times! Sold it to a friend thats still keeping it up which is a good thing. Kept 2 rims off of it tho which is on my dart right now! lol

th_69stang.jpg

My first car was my 1965 Dodge Dart Gt back in August of 2007 that I traded for my 66 Dart Wagon which I sold to buy a fox body mustang about a month ago.

Mine was a Monaco Orange 69 Corvette 350 horse, 4-speed with black interior. Smashed it into the back of a station wagon in 1985 a month before my 20th birthday.

I bought my first car back in '75, and it looked EXACTLY like the one in this pic....right down to the B5 color, black vinyl roof, wheels, and stripes. It had a 440 4-speed and a Dana rear end. I bought it from the original owner in Anita, IA for $500.

I delivered a LOT of Des Moines Sunday Register newspapers with that car. The people on the paper route never had to wonder if there was a paper in their mailbox on Sunday mornings......because there was no doubt about what car was pulling up to their mailbox at 3 in the morning...:D

Attachments

• 1970gtx021008.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 207
a 69 Buick skylark GS--Man If you only knew back then,Sold it to a Buddie,he blew the engine and sent it to the junk yard!!!!!!! I still see the farmer kid I bought it from now and again and we always talk about that car!!!!!!! Steve oh and the year I bought it was 1983

I believe it was this 1958 Ford Fairlane 500 4 door hardtop.

Had the 352 Police Interceptor with solid lifters. 300 horsepower
with a three speed overdrive tranny on the column.

Fun boat!

Attachments

• Old18 (Medium).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 193
My first, 1988 Olds Cutlass Ciera, thing was loaded, power everything, leather, the big 3.8 V6. Was a great car lots of room for friends, decently quick, and it didnt drink fuel.

Picture767b.jpg

'74 AMC Gremlin. 258 straight six, auto on the column, orange with black interior. It was a hand me down from my mom who bought it new. Unfortunately, it succumbed to cancer as Indiana's salted winter roads took it's toll on it.

First car I bought myself was a '70 Road Runner. 383 w/auto on the column, 3.55 SG 8.75 rear, Magnum 500 rims, Vitamin C orange with factory black hood stripes and a tan interior. Bought it for $350. I really miss that car.

1966 Beetle with a tan brush painted paint job!!!! LOL!

Yes, the blocks were magnesium - amazed many people at parties by disguising the magnesium in a pile of pallets and then pouring some beer on it to make it jump around! It was great - you could see people 50 yards from the fire in the woods when natured called because it acted like a black light on white t-shirts!!!!!

Technically my first "car" was this 1996 Dodge Dakota Sport. was an incredible deal so my parents bought it right after i turned 15 (not even a driving permit yet!) bought it from the Original Owner with 82k miles. absolutly nothing wrong with it. perfect runner. well i got my license the following year (january) and drove it to school and work every day. Halloween morning that year was right after the 1st rain and the roads were slick. spun it into a tree on my way to school :eek:ops:
luckily i wasnt hurt and the only damage was to the driver door.
mytruck5.jpg

replaced the door and drove it till the following August when i sold it for my real 1St CAR: My 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger here =) got it for a MAJOR steal but it needs....well everything frankly. drove the dart from Oct 09-sept 2011. started acting funny and now its parked
jbnknkjnk.jpg

February of this year i pick up this lil 95 Mazda Miata.
421732_374510782567121_1884960049_n.jpg

I really miss cruisin in the dart but im never sellin it (i still regret sellin the truck, and the dart is WAY cooler). Ive got monumental plans for it and when its done this is what its gonna look like. quite the transformation eh?
photo2.jpg

sorry mine ran long but each car tell about the next! and i cant help myself!

-
Back