What was your first CAR?

-
mine was a 1972 VW Bug, it was great until I got a little drunk one night and put it tail first down the side of a hill. it was never the same after that

My first car was a 73 olds 442, midnight metallic ,white top , white n dark blue int, cragars ss wheels, glass packs,455, hurst console auto,swivel bucket seats, power every thing. Comfortable,solid, fast, smokey burn out monster !!!

Min first vehicle was a 95 Dodge ram 1500 with a 360 (in the background). At the time my dad was ready for a new pickup so I got the old one (the 95) and it got passed to my sister. My fist CAR is my 74 Duster which was on its way to paint in this picture.

Attachments

• 171_551858878323_1987_n.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 170
WOW didn't know they made Duster's back in the 47's lol. SORRY new what you ment just couldn't resist. :):p

My first car was a 79 Buick riviera. It had the 3.8 carbureted blow thru turbo setup. With in the first year the turbo blew to pieces and sucked all the oil out of the motor. Then I swapped in an olds 307 and drove it for a few more years. The best thing about that car was the red velvet interior.

72 demon 318 3 speed on the floor i gave this poor car hell and traded it for a 73 satalite like a dumbass

mine was a 73 pontiac lemans sport coupe.

350/3 speed on the floor.

still love pontiacs..

img076.jpg

img077.jpg

img078.jpg

img079.jpg

Mine was a 66' amc rambler more door. 327 4 bbl holley, at, split reclining bench. Take off the headrests and the seats would fold flat. Chrome rain deflectors, tinted windows, am/fm stereo with built in reverb. Got it from my father it was a real POS. 100k mi. Previous owner towed a trailer across country and back. No air filter, carb used to catch on fire all the time. One time a guy sprayed the whole engine compartment with a fire extinguisher. I would throw snow on it in the winter. Tranny finally crapped out. Was faded light baby blue looked a lot like this...except beat....

Attachments

• amc-vehicles-1966-amc-ambassador-880-four-d-1772493.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 171
Mine was a 1960 Edsel...Thank God I DON'T have a picture of that! The car was my mothers and she and dad would not allow me to buy what I wanted and at 17 years of age I rode an old honda 150 dream. After a year of going to work through snow and rain I gave in and bought the Edsel from my mother for $300. Wow what memories.

!963 Dodge Dart 170/ 3 on the tree. Had the flow thru ventalation floor pan.

my first car my dad made me puttogether, it was a 75 vega wagon, it had a 327 fuelie motor a30 30 cam a m21 4 speed and a motion 12 bolt 373 rear.for 11th grade it was cool.got many tickets in that thing.

Mine was a 67 Plymouth Valiant Signet,225,auto 4dr that I bought from a consignment car lot. It was driven here by a preacher from WA state. I junked it with 350,000 miles after I parted it out & even drove it to the junk yard with no hood,fenders,door hinges,trunk & a friend following me. That car caused my addiction to 67-9 Valiants for 15 years now.

You guys with all these "picchers" must be really young, LOL

1966---57 Chiv, 200 bucks

57 Chiv no2, fer parts/ rebuild, combined the two

56 Chiv

55 Chiv

Us Navy, early spring of 1970, 63 Chiv Impala SS 327 P slide, later 4 speed

That fall the first Mopar, fall of 70, traded the 63 and cash for a 69 383 RR

Summer of 71? Bought the 440-6, 70 RR, Dana, 4 speed, headers, Edelbrock, 800 dp / sixpack

72? Added the 64 440 (body) 426, later 440 4 speed.

75? Out of the Navy dropped a 360 into my 62 LandCruiser, later the 340

Pretty much Moparless until Dad died in '95, bought the Dodge 600 from Mom. Nice little car, 4 whanger, loaded, AC/ cruise. I never cared for the twitchy way it handled, though.

AND FINALLY here couple years ago, looked and LOOKED for a 64/5 B body or a 70 Satellite / RR that I could afford, and finally ran across my first "A", the 67 I have now. Always loved the 67--8--9 body style and I incorrectly figured (Arizona) nobody could eff with me for smog.

It's been all downhill from there LOL

My first car was a 1977 Mercury Capri 4Spd like this one. I absolutely loved it! I've owned two in my life, and If I could find another one in good condition, I'd buy it. The only downside is that stock and aftermarket parts are essentially non-existent.

1971-1978-ford-capri-and-capri-ii-50-1.jpg

69 Cougar,bitchin body style! Unfortuately,lime green paint,and $ 29.99 J.C Whitney hubcaps. Every time I banzaied it, sent a passenger to retrieve hubcaps. Gotta love high school! Bad440, your old Man badass .

My first car was supose to be a 68 dart that me and my dad where fixing up but someone stole it so my first car was a Chevette yay, ya but it did have the treble stereo from hell it had 8 6x9 power by 4 EQ boosters HaHa.

My first car was a 68 Fairlane 500 fastback POS.My boys were much more fortunate.Jesse's 68 Charger and Dans 67 Dart.

Attachments

• Charger 68 White rear34 001.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Dans Dart 001.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 114
^^^the barracuda looks a tad better in the 'after' pic lol.

my first was a '68 mustang coupe- had a 302, stuffed in a 351 Cleveland, which made it good for roasting tires but not much else:D

my 1st car should have been a 65 Corvair convertible 140 HP 4 speed, guy wanted $125 and Dad said I could only give him $100, this was 1972 and I was 14 years old, so didn't get it

next was a 67 Barracuda notch slant 6 auto with AC & PS, dad took me to see it at the car lot, still 14, said if I buy this will you keep it clean and if so I will sell to you for 1/2 of what he paid for it only I couldn't tell mom what he paid. He bought the car, then my older sister said, "I want it" so she got it and I still didn't have a car.

A few months before my 16th Bday dad said let's go look at a car he had seen on the board at work. It was a 67 Barracuda notch with 273 2 barrel, vinyl top, buckets, had bald tires and been thru a fence. $400 and it was MINE. Plan was to take it to my uncles body shop and stripe it down and paint it. It was light met. blue, I HATE light met. blue so plan was for midnight blue (had a dark blue interior)

My brother and I took it to Columbus, Indiana to my uncles shop and started to disassemble for paint and color change. Got a job before I was able to get the car finished, so brother and uncle finished it. When I talked to my uncle to see what color he painted it he told me "you'll find out when you see it, I painted it what I wanted" He had a habit of mixing whatever paint he had to paint cars that didn't matter.

I didn't know until it got to the house it was the color I LOVED.

Before I was done with it it had a 273 HIPO (my 1st engine build) out of my OLDEST sisters Formula S 67 Barracuda fastback (yes we all had 67 Barracudas at the SAME TIME) also got the 8 3/4 out of Rita's "S"

View attachment N75Cuda.jpg

even trade for a 69 Roadrunner in the fall of 1975 got to keep my cragers and tires off the Cuda. runner was a 383 4 speed car that had a 440 auto in it PLUS green Shag carpet

View attachment 69RR2.jpg

Had to LOVE the 70's

-
Back