what were you doing on 9/11

-
They believe that if they follow threw with a terrist attack and kill thousands of people that they have done a good deed and will go to heaven because of there beliefs........ Not in my book f****in pussies

I was working in my home office, catching up on emails and frustrated because I couldn't complete any outgoing phone calls. Kept getting "all circuits busy" which I had never heard before. Around 11am (in upstate NY) a friend called and asked me if I knew what was happening and if I thought the world was coming to an end. I quickly went upstairs and turned on the tv and sat there dumbfounded at what I was watching. Couldn't reach our two older daughters on the other side of the country until late that day and our youngest daughter was 1 1/2 hrs away in a new school where we had just bought a house, but hadn't moved yet. We were very anxious over our children and saddened, angered, and later found out the company we were partnered with lost people in the twin towers. THANK GOD for His faithfulness, and GOD BLESS AMERICA.

I was at work when a woman came by and said "a plane just hit a building in New York City!" I was never a Howard Stern fan but quickly tuned into his show knowing he was in NYC. To this day I have to say that was the most riveting talk radio I have ever heard...the man turned real that day. Sad day, company let us go early to be with our familys. God Bless America.

rolling-stones-american-flag-tongue-sticker-266x300.jpg

rock on america

I was fixing a computer in an elementary school classroom. The computer had lost it's internet connection. I changed the patch cable and it seemed okay so I went to the CNN website. That was routine because the CNN website always had a timestamp and we could check the page was fresh and not cached. I rarely looked at the headline, just the timestamp, but I noticed this one. It was only a few minutes after the first hit and they had no details. The teacher saw the look on my face and asked what was wrong. I told her and she went pale. Her best friend worked at WTC (she survived). I went to the library because I knew the TV in there was working and only the librarian would be there. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I called the principal and by the time she got there the second plane hit. It wasn't hard to figure out by then that it was terrorism. I'll never forget that day.

I actually went through the WTC late Sunday Sept. 10 on my way back home to Queens from an ex-girlfriend's place in Jersey City. I usually drove over there since it took forever to get back to my place on the subway but for some reason I can't recall, I had to take the PATH train that night.

I was not working at the time so I watched it all unfold on TV in my apt. After a while I went up to the top of my block and on to the #7 Subway train elevated platform. I could clearly see the towers burning as it was a bright and absolutely perfect day. I remember having a very uneasy feeling while I was up there, like holy crap, this is not a joke.

A few days later I was able to get back over to Jersey City to see the girlfriend. I had to go way out of my way to get there from the other side of the city. It was a huge pain to get around after 9/11.

I also remember that the burning smell lingered for months afterwards, especially right over the river in Jersey City.

A friend of mine worked there but made it out. We have a friend out here on the Island who lost two of her cousins, (FDNY) I think there is a special on TV about them tonight.

I couldn't believe what had been done, that building was massive, I mean one of the wonders of the world really. Unless you were in the place, it might be hard to conceive of how spectacular it was.

I actually went to Windows On The World up on the 106th(?) floor with my family when I was a kid. You could feel the building swaying with the wind. You could also see several states on a clear day.

I was in Mrs. Suddreths 2nd grade class... Another teacher came in and whispered in her ear and her entire demeanor changed. That day I came home and watched again and again as the two jets crashed into the building. I was 7 years old.

There are many things people simply arent aware of about this day. For instance...

Approximately 87,670 hours ago, 70,280 Americans were directly targeted. 93% survived. ‎50,000 people worked at the world trade center, 2,993 died. Thats a 94 percent survival rate. 123 People died at the pentagon, 99.5% didn't. Of the 4 crashing jets, all 4 were only loaded to 20-30% percent capacity. Thousands of firefighters responded that day to a life changing call, all but 343 came back.

A co worker and I were surveying in a water line at a town house complex
when the back hoe operator had his radio on in the machine told us that a plane hit the first tower.
We when to our truck and turned the radio on to hear the news that the other tower was hit we listened to the rest unfolded.
At first you thought it wasn't real like the telecast of the War of the Worlds.
That day I will never forget.

I was in the Navy at the time. Was in the shop working on some flight gear when some one from another shop came in and told us to trun on the radio. The first plane had just hit. Thought it was just an accedent at first. Was across the street at AIMD exchanging some flight gear when they told me about the 2nd plane. Then I knew it was no accedent.

I was sleeping after a 12 hr shift. I left radio on, on accident. I woke up to hearing these radio jockeys that I hate, talking about thousands dying in NYC trade centers etc. I instantly got pissed, I started yelling at my radio. I thought those radio jockeys that I hated were joking. All I could think was what kind of fucked up radio hosts would joke about **** like that,,,,,,I kept slamming my hand on my radio untill it shut off.

About 10 min. later I turned the TV on......bam,,,,,no one was joking. I went to my grandpa's house a few hours later and passed the commercial gate at McCord AFB. I stopped at the stop sign,,,,,,,,,looked left,,,,,,,,,and there was a fuckin' M1 Abrams tank stairing at the commercial gate. I havent seen that before or since. When I saw the tank I prolly didnt breathe for 30 seconds. I just sat there and staired at the tank for a while thinking about how things are getting very serious very fast.

I guess I have a new perspective on muslims/islam/the world now. I watched on TV thousands and thousands of muslims from all different countries cheer and celebrate our pain. Burn our flag. My personal opinion is that when anyone on TV or anywhere else says were trying to win "hearts and minds" in Afghanistan or elsewhere.........they are full of ****. I've heard it over and over and over..........this is about getting even by killing, by putting bullets in the enemies heads.....simple as that. Once "America" has killed enough people, we will be even and i'm ok with that.

I personally think we are even now. About square.

I was at work, in training for the CAD system we had at the time. THe class took took a break and when I walked into my normal work area everyone was around the radio listening to the news broadcast.

I was 100 feet off the ground, tying REBAR for an ELEVATOR SHAFT. I had a small radio taped on the inside of my HARDHAT, When I heard the TERRIBLE NEWS. My UNION BROTHERS FROM NEW YORK WERE THE FIRST ON SITE FOR THE CLEANUP. AMONG THEM WERE SEVERAL MOHAWK IRONWORKERS FROM QUEBEC, CANADA. That is all I have to say. JASON CUNNINGHAM, LOCAL 725 IRONWORKERS CALGARY, ALBERTA, CANADA

-
Back