What would you do different....

-
Reaction score
If you could build your currant mill again.

What things in hind sight wold you change?

compression?
cam?
piston material/design?
rod length?
rockers?
intake?
header tube diameter?
heads?

for me, I would have gone with 11.1 pistons instead of the 9.9 freebee hyper's
and also would have/will change to an eddy vitor and 850-950cfm annular carb
And with all that changed...wuld allow me to run the 108cl 288* cam I intended...

what say you guys?:cheers:

I wish I would have swapped carbs on my 73 Dart Sport 340 when I was racing it.I think if I would have used a 750 dp instead of the 750v.s(3310)I would have got into the lower 12,s instead of 12.8@108.

The 408 in my sig pic below, I wish I would have got the Indy heads and top end package, Instead of the eddelbrock setup, and went with a solid roller instead of a hydraulic roller...Also shoulda went w/ the 426 ci kit. I wish my oil pressure would be a little higher too...maybe I'd be around 550-580 hp & 550 Ft Lbs. instead of the 530 hp and 512 ft. lbs I'm at now...

I would have put in a nicely built 318 instead of paying twice the price for a 180HP 273. Oh well, its the original motor.

barracuda 123 (2).jpg

This ones starting off sloooooow, but I know there are plenty of you that if you had the time/$$$$/or know then what you know now... would have plenty of ''wish I did's''

I know of a few here, don't make me mention names..lol

I wish we had never gone w/ a gear drive which forced the use of an electric fuel pump. Big PITA mounting and running fuel lines, fittings and on and on Blah, Blah, but the sound is kinda cool. :smile:

Only time will tell if the choice was worth the trouble.

I'm pretty happy with my last personal build.. My truck's been pretty much trouble free for 4 years now, but I've been extra careful with not pushing it too hard. If I had to do it again (and I do...lol) I'd have replaced the engine instead of adding parts to the factory longblock. It's got a rattle in the lower end it's had for 3 years now.

I would have left my engine stock.

My compression is high, my carb is huge and my solid roller cam more than I need.

Everything works great together and it makes huge power but I would rather be able to take a 1000 mile road trips……..

I wish we had never gone w/ a gear drive which forced the use of an electric fuel pump. Big PITA mounting and running fuel lines, fittings and on and on Blah, Blah, but the sound is kinda cool. :smile:

Only time will tell if the choice was worth the trouble.

What engine was the gear drive for? And what brand gear drive? I have a Milodon gear drive for my small block, but it's still on the stand. Don't know how the gear drive will sound...

In this engine? If I had the cash, I would have done E-heads, roller rockers, a Demon carb, and a four-speed.

But in reality if I could go back in time and do it all over, I'd try to find a 340.

Ethier not smoke cigs or not have given up quiting. Oh wait, engines, er, ummm, nevermind, I enjoy changing crap just to see what it does....or doesn't.

I wish I would have at least port matched the LD340 on my 410, I mean that intake probably only flows like 230's cfm on each runner, or less.

I also wish I would have polished the valley for strength/faster oil return.

and I didn't valley baffle this one either like I did on my 340.

What engine was the gear drive for? And what brand gear drive? I have a Milodon gear drive for my small block, but it's still on the stand. Don't know how the gear drive will sound...

It's a 340 and also a Milodon brand gear drive. I wish I knew how to make and post a video, but I haven't learned how yet. It "kind of" sounds like a blower whine. Hard to explain, but definitely a distinctive and noticeable tone.

-
Back