What Would you do

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
...but make sure his old lady see's ya too..

That's a good idea, but not just for the reason you mentioned. If his wife knew someone was interested in buying the car, she might be able to persuade him to sell. Wives don't always have the same financial goals as their husbands.

Since he never drives it maybe he's afraid of the H/P and it's too much for him.

C'mon dude, get pumped up and go over there with some cash in hand.

Maybe they can't afford the gas to run the thing and YOU are just the guy they've been meaning to call but did not want to impose.

I have had nagging feelings such as this before and it was because the other person was thinking the same thing I was, but did not want to call and bother me.

Time is a wastin'.

So i went over tonight and pulled in his driveway, he was on the porch with his grandson..Walked up and asked if he remembered me, he said nope...I said i sold you the 69 dart back in 01, then he smiledand said yes now i do.Told him i was driving by ( i use to live 1,2 mile from him) and wanted to see if he still had it or if he sold it.He said i still have it and we made small talk about it and what he changed, back tires street tires, and a pioneer radio? I forgot how nice it was, he put less then 500 miles on it in 7 years...He started talking about the new challengers how he really likes them, and then i hit him if he ever wanted to sell the dart let me know and gave him my card.As we walking out of his garage his wife was outside and he asked her, how much did i pay for the dart and she said 17,000 WHY? So we left it at that, he said its not for sale but i told him i pay him a profit if it was...I guess time will tell...

Sounds like you had a nice chat. Nothing ventured nothing gained. It will be interesting to see what happens. I bet you got him thinking. Good luck!

Well you did all that you can do for now. I hope that he gets back with you in a few days, and sells it to you. Good luck!!!!!!

I think and hope and [-o<that the wife can persuade him like BrianT said.

Good luck HAUK67 I hope you get a phone call bay this week end.:cheers:

It was good to go up and get him thinking, but it wrecked me seeing that car again...Cool car, orig 340,4spd, car from CO..Super solid, rare thing is it was a orig 2 tone paint car, b-5 blue bottom b-3 blue painted top and 2 tone blue interior,..The car looks stock, no rollbar just a shift light, and now a pioneer radio? But now has a Barton 360, 727 trans..

You never know. You could get a call tomorrow or in 3 years. 1 thing that you can be pretty sure of is that "if" he ever gets the itch to sell you will most likely be the first guy he calls. I hope it all works out for you eventually!

If you havent heard anything in a few months, stop again! Trust me.

I thought of another story.

I once wanted a 51 Ford truck that was for sale about 10 miles from where I lived. I was 17 years old and had NO MONEY but I stopped EVERYDAY and walked around that truck.

Well the truck had been for sale about six weeks and I went to the owner one day and told him I really wanted that truck but didnt have the money. I told him I coud pay him 100 bucks a week until it was paid for and he could keep it in his driveway.

To my surprise the guy said, "I see you out there looking at that truck all the time. I want you to have it. You pay me what you can each Friday and I will hold it til it is paid for."

I got my truck! LOL

I still cant believe I pulled that one off. I would never try something like that today. I was young, stupid, but willing to ask.

He may see the love you have for that car and want you to have it too. Especially if he is a true car guy. He would want the car to go to someone who takes care of it.

Keep asking. Persistence pays off! Dont be overly aggressive. Just stop buy every now and then.

If i dont hear anything in by X-mas i will stop again, maybe i can catch him in the holiday spirits..He has put less then 500 miles in 7 years so i know its safe in his garage...

Dfnsmn34, hopefully the current owner isn't a member of FABO. :-D We don't want to come across as a bunch of ambulance chasers. :snakeman:

See, even now I felt bad for writing that...

Hadn't thought about the wife said "sell it" angle...

nice job Hauk67...

"He started talking about the new challengers how he really likes them"

There's your in!:cheers:

Good luck! Aloha!

Keep sending 09' challenger pamphlets over to his house, 6cl versions one day,,hemi the next, srt the next...........start over with prices on them the next week......when he see's how nice even the 6cl version is and he could buy one for the price of your old car..... your in !

dont forget to address a few to the wife also.......

You know there are a few of us who if had the opportunity to find the "one that got away!" we would jump at the chance!!! Go now ...knock ...please for all of us who are still searching for ours.

I once sold a 70 340 dart to guy that had been asking me to sell it for years. This guy had a 69 GTS and a 72 Demon and had wanted my 70 340 Swinger. I really felt bad about selling it...like I made a big mistake. After waiting a few months and debating what I should do, I went to his house, talked to him, and told him the truth. He admitted that he didn't drive the car as much as he should and agreed to sell it back to me at the same price I sold it to him. So my advise is go talk to him...you never know what might happen.

why not test drive a six banger challenger by his house and let him cruise it a little you might find a trade and end up saving a few bucks {the 6cyl challengers
are only 17-19 cdn so they must be down around 14-16 us eh? }

why not test drive a six banger challenger by his house and let him cruise it a little you might find a trade and end up saving a few bucks {the 6cyl challengers

Cheapest Challenger I've found by me are $26K US! They're offering an incentive dropping the bare bones one down to $19.6, but there aren't any around where I live...

Do you have a website showing a 6cyl challenger at 17 Canadian? They start at 24 msrp.
Thanks
Darren

Do you have a website showing a 6cyl challenger at 17 Canadian? They start at 24 msrp.
Thanks
Darren

the local dealer had two 09 s they couldn't move so they were down one was white few options high 17s the other was silver heavy options high 19s - don't forget ram 1500 4dr crew cab 4x4s with a hemi were 50k last year this year I've seen them as low as 26.9 k at one dealer and 29.9 at the other both 0 down 0% 36 months at less than a grand and you own em 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back