Whats everyone gona do you their car during the winter?

-
Well my PTC convertor already broke a while back and gave me a chance to try out the new tranny jack for the lift so I'm hoping to get my a/c installed this winter, plus I'll still be driving on sunny days

71 Dart got the ignition rewired...plus quarter glass with regulars were removed and lexan windows install for a removal of about 40+ lbs..also removed msd 6al and installed msd 7al2 with new coil. Will need to order a new set of slicks before the season starts.

With begin assembling 408 that ate main bearing last year this week, finally got all the parts together..need to wash block...been sort of cold... crank has been turned...rods resized...block honed, new cam bearing and hot tanked...new rings and bearing too..

71 Demon ...got Tranzact transbrake,...quick release hub for steering wheel....ordered and waiting for light weight disc brakes for the front and rear....changed out msd blaster coil for crane ps-91 coil...

did some repairs on car trailer...fix spare tire holder, fix trailer for aluminum ramps...and replaced a couple of tires.

69 Barracuda is still waiting its turn...needs rebuild front end..front disc need new pads, new windows going in car..plus body work...and general cleaning poor old car up...

73 Duster...debating changing out heads...take stock heads off ..put either RHS heads or Eddy Aluminum heads with a cam upgrade.....but it idles really nice now....any one know which one flows better OOTB...LOL

swapping the 2 barrel carb and intake for a 4 barrel.
Installing dual exhaust.
Installing floor shifter.
New shocks.
misc. body work/rattle can primer.
Also the tracking down of a pass side chrome sport mirror and a front windsheild.

Sell it before it collects more dust
Spending almost 10 grand to build the 440 and accessories that went with it; and only having time to drive 300 miles in the past year and a half are making me think about Re-prioritizing. :banghead:

Then again, its fun as hell when I have the time :D

Gonna find a body shop and get the quarters replaced and then hopefully paint. Meanwhile on nice days like yesterday I'll drive it around the local back roads. When I pull the engine the car will get a Champion radiator and the tranny gone through. Might also get the rear end freshened up.

• Replace Manual Steering Gearbox
  • Pull headers, clean and hit with POR-15 HI-Temp coating
  • Install entire wiper assembly from motor to wiper arms
  • Install P-Brake assemble and associated cables
  • General rust neutralizing, i.e. POR-15 interior roof, floors, trunk, frame etc.
  • Re-wire entire engine compartment
  • Clean up under dash wiring and secure with looms
  • Install speedo cable
  • Find and install 727 dust shield
  • Too many "little miscellaneous" stuff to list.
Geez....I got a lot of sh#t to do! :wack:

I uncover them, put a few miles on each enjoying the weather and the looks the cars get, and then spend a little more money on them, then cover and repeat all of the above.

puttin some sand bags n skinny tires in the back! daily driver almost excited to see what it does in the snow... wish i didnt have to but the saturn blew up

For the first time in 12 years, my ragtop Fury will sit outside and get snow/rain/wind/ice several times for the next year or so while we build my son's 65 B'cuda... Actually makes it easier to drive to work and for errands now that it is out in the driveway....

I hope to get mine running and done ready for body work time buy spring......Its going to be cold out there but hell im a Canadian. We are silly when it comes to cold.

Getting mine prepared to head to the Body Shop and get an extreme makeover !!!I'll get to work on the engine while it's away !!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Well here are the ideas of what I want/need to get done.... but a cold cold garage isnt very motivating...

1. Install new upper door weather strips (If I can find some that work!)
2. Adjust doors and right side door handle/latch to work properly.
3. Fix minor trans pan leak
4. Install new pusher cooling fan
5. Install tachometer
6. Refinish inside trunk area
7. Actually have it ready to roll when spring comes around -- ha ha !

Now the wants and wishes that prob wont happen:

1. Install complete MSD
2. Install the 340 HP exhaust manifolds and re-do exhaust system
3. Pull and paint dash to look purdy like the car

.....eh after 23 years..... why rush !!

-RPM

-
Back