Whats in store for the wrecked 'Cuda

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
Well it's gonna be awhile before the ol' Fish gets road worthy again. But it will come back, and better than before. Only catch is I have no clue on the time frame due to waiting on the insurance and what will happen with all that. However, here is, currently, what the changes will be.

• Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Chassis
  • Stock supension components fully rebuilt it Moog suspension parts.
  • Flaming River Manual Steering
  • 11 3/4" Late B-Body 'Police' front discs - New calipers, lines, pads, bearings, etc
  • New Late Model (Alum/2stud) Master Cylinder - Manual brakes w/adj proportioning valve
  • CE Subframe Connectors

Body/Looks
  • Plan is to get the entire car repainted, same color/stripe scheme
  • Engine bay painted, detailed, holes welded
  • New (used) Fender, Valance, Inner fender
  • Car will go on a frame machine to make sure it is correct, looks right, but will be for sure checked
  • Drivers floor replaced - Canada car, does have some rust. I already have the metal.
  • Possibly A 'Cuda Rallye Hood
  • Entertaining the idea of 17" front and 18x10" rear Mustang Bullitt style wheels (black of course) w/a spring relocation

Engine
  • My 360 Will be going in
  • .509 MP cam (already have, with new lifters)
  • Stock Magnum heads
  • Magnum AirGap intake
  • TTI headers

Thats great. Take advantage of the situation and have that Cuda badder then ever. Glad to see you spirits high and looking to the future on the bright side. Ron

Thanks Ron, I'm over the feeling sorry for myself and the car. It's onto tracking down parts, working my *** off, and learning how to weld so I can get some stuff done. $hit happens, and it was just my turn daily driving it for about two years straight.

It'll come back, and will stop, turn, go, and look better than ever :D

When ever you get over here i have some 15x7 and 15x8's off my car. Torque thrusts with new rear tires and good fronts. For a good cheap price.

Steve

Sounds like a good plan Mike. One ? can you run a LA cam in a Magnum block ?

Mike, one thing I dont like about your plans....the different hood idea. Keep the stock flat hood! Be different, I dig the flat hood and it helps it keep that sleeper look...if that's possible with a bright yellow E body, lol.

scamp73 said:
When ever you get over here i have some 15x7 and 15x8's off my car. Torque thrusts with new rear tires and good fronts. For a good cheap price.

Steve

Thanks but i already have 15x7s and 15x8s, I only hurt one wheel. If i decide to stick with the same style, it will cost me $40 for the wheel and $10 for the center cap. If i change it will be to 17"/18" more than likely.

"Originally Posted by AdamR
Sounds like a good plan Mike. One ? can you run a LA cam in a Magnum block ?

Yeah, you just need the correct lifters and pushrods."

Yep, and acutally my block I can bolt LA or Magnum heads on, and it is setup for a roller or flat tappet cam. Its quite a lovely block lol.

"Mike, one thing I dont like about your plans....the different hood idea. Keep the stock flat hood! Be different, I dig the flat hood and it helps it keep that sleeper look...if that's possible with a bright yellow E body, lol."

Lol, i get what your saying. That is a maybe on the hood. Almost wouldnt be 'Goodys Cuda' as people have grown to know it without that flat hood on there. And no, you cant make a sleeper out of a yellow cuda lol

It would just look like every other 'Cuda. FLAT HOODS UNITE!

well mike 2 things i dont like bout these planns. first is manual steering on a driver..but i understand this wont be your only transportation now so i understand it. second is the idea of 17 an 18 inch wheels! iiickky pooh! here i thought you were smart and reasonable for such a young guy. might have to start callng you goody foose. again iicky dont disgrace such a cool car like that! I do undarstand your 19 and a bad idea was bound to happen. at least yer not cutting it up and a set of traditional sized wheels can be bolted back on at a later date

I hate chrysler power steering. To over assisted. . Im not a big fan of 17 and 18" rims though.

Mike heres a few pictures of mu old 70 Cuda after the new owner made some changes.

Cuda_at_warehouse_2.sized.jpg

CUDAnow1.jpg

I still think it looked better before.

PCu3.jpg

chrisII said:
well mike 2 things i dont like bout these planns. first is manual steering on a driver..but i understand this wont be your only transportation now so i understand it. second is the idea of 17 an 18 inch wheels! iiickky pooh! here i thought you were smart and reasonable for such a young guy. might have to start callng you goody foose. again iicky dont disgrace such a cool car like that! I do undarstand your 19 and a bad idea was bound to happen. at least yer not cutting it up and a set of traditional sized wheels can be bolted back on at a later date

The 17/18s will be tastefully done, if done at all. Its just being thrown out there. And since my dad has a foose car, i can be goody foose all i want lol. People thought i was crazy when i put 'truck wheels' on a lemon twist cuda...and it grows on you and i havent heard a bad word about my $40/ea rims in about a year and many people like them. Sometimes going against the file is a little out there, but if it gets done. it will be tastefully done, i've never been one to do 'tacky' things. Its not like tubbing or not tubbing a car, its wheel choice. Nothing that cant be changed.

As far as power steering goes on a driver. Many people dont have cutouts that they rarely cap on their driver, or 3,500rpm stall converters, or 3.91s, or batterys in the trunk with a kill switch at the back of the car, a line lock, etc, etc. Ever since I got to modding the car it has grown from a boring 318 2bbl to a little more edgy, the motor will be a little nastier, manual brakes, manual steering are just some things that 'get in the way' in my opinion.

As far as wheels go, it will likely be , if any, one of the first two styles. But with black spokes, and polished lips.

bullitttcuda.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/goodysgotacuda/torquethrusts.jpg

these look perfect imo on this charger. on a cuda? prolly not, but look great.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/goodysgotacuda/rear_pic.jpg

bullitttcuda.gif

Amen on the manual steering! I love manual and really don't like driving power steering cars (everything but mine!) It's just one more thing between you and the road, I feel a lot more grounded and in control with manual everything. As to the 17/18 I say go for it. You have a good vision and, after all, it's your Cuda! I was really hoping you'd give up on it after the wreck and give it to me, though.

-
Back