What's it worth? 1968 Dart 270

-
Nice car. Very clean, You buy that from Chris E. in Ventura? I recognize that truck.

But that's not a running driving car like the yellow 68.

That's comparable to the roller NS1RM21 bought in 2008. That car came with a 8 1/4 A-body rear, complete LBP swap. And it was a 10 mile drive and he could see everything in person.
I don't remember the name to be honest, I didn't care about the drivetrain since outside of it being an original 340 or 383 GTS I wasn't going to use it. All i'm saying is the one I bought I felt very very fortunate to buy, would rather it wasn't an AC car but bought a non AC firewall for it........also this one was listed at 3500 and I purchased for 3000 whereas the one the OP is asking about is being offered at 11,500.......huge difference.

Nice car. Very clean, You buy that from Chris E. in Ventura? I recognize that truck.

But that's not a running driving car like the yellow 68.

That's comparable to the roller NS1RM21 bought in 2008. That car came with a 8 1/4 A-body rear, complete LBP swap. And it was a 10 mile drive and he could see everything in person.
This car also has factory 68 Dart buckets too which is a nice plus, new wiring harnesses from M & H, new front and back glass rubbers etc.

8k in New Jersey maybe.

Ask migsbig is sells Mopars in your area. There are are bay area people here
I don't remember the name to be honest, I didn't care about the drivetrain since outside of it being an original 340 or 383 GTS I wasn't going to use it. All i'm saying is the one I bought I felt very very fortunate to buy, would rather it wasn't an AC car but bought a non AC firewall for it........also this one was listed at 3500 and I purchased for 3000 whereas the one the OP is asking about is being offered at 11,500.......huge difference.

Was it out of Ventura or Calabasas ?

That car fit YOUR skills and needs.

For many entry level Mopar buyers it would cost them $8K to get your green car to the running condition of the Original Poster's Yellow car. Many just are not capable of a project like that.

It wouldn't cost YOU or me that much. I'm sure you have extra parts, a shop, skills, connections, etc and could do it your self. And wouldn't be interested in a /6 column auto car anyways to drive around.

BUT there are buyers that would and are willing to pay more for that. $11.5K ? I don't think so. But $5K to $8K there will be.

Maybe the OP is looking for a roller in the shape of the one you bought??? Then the Yellow 68 Dart is just not the right car for him.

Ask migsbig is sells Mopars in your area. There are are bay area people here

Was it out of Ventura or Calabasas ?

That car fit YOUR skills and needs.

For many entry level Mopar buyers it would cost them $8K to get your green car to the running condition of the Original Poster's Yellow car. Many just are not capable of a project like that.

It wouldn't cost YOU or me that much. I'm sure you have extra parts, a shop, skills, connections, etc and could do it your self. And wouldn't be interested in a /6 column auto car anyways to drive around.

BUT there are buyers that would and are willing to pay more for that. $11.5K ? I don't think so. But $5K to $8K there will be.

Maybe the OP is looking for a roller in the shape of the one you bought??? Then the Yellow 68 Dart is just not the right car for him.
The OP did state in the first message that the drivetrain is worthless to him and he was going to give it away.

Willing to share the price tag?
Paid $6k. It has good bones just not great cosmetics

D4BA8755-BAF6-497D-AA9F-11CE89F733A3.jpeg

The OP did state in the first message that the drivetrain is worthless to him and he was going to give it away.

Then should look at another car.

Just cause the he doesn't need the drivetrain, doesn't mean it's worthless.

I've been looking for a 1968 Dart or fastback Barracuda project for some time now.
I stumbled on this "drivable" slant 6 car, 7 1/4 inch rear end, drum brake car.

The complete drivetrain is worthless (to me) so my plan would be to donate it away to somebody.

There is very little salvageable about the interior as well. Even the steering wheel is destroyed. Maybe the back seat can be re-foamed and saved along with some instrument panel pieces.

He is advertising it at way more than I am willing to pay ($11,500) but is open to honest offers and he did admit the car is overpriced. Question I have is what's it worth?

1 owner California car, solid body/frame. Still has original black plate.

View attachment 1715845862

View attachment 1715845863

View attachment 1715845864

View attachment 1715845865

View attachment 1715845867

View attachment 1715845868

View attachment 1715845869

View attachment 1715845870

View attachment 1715845928

View attachment 1715845929

View attachment 1715845930

Used to find those for $700-$1500
Granny car.

50 yrs later

6-7k as is. It's technically a wrecked daily driver. The seller is hoping and praying on the mopar name.

NICE would be 12-29k

Its wrecked and needs new Interior, dash pad, it's a slant with the weakest drivetrain..
Lol.

It would be more desirable as a roller for anyone wanting to build it up.

This car also has factory 68 Dart buckets too which is a nice plus, new wiring harnesses from M & H, new front and back glass rubbers etc.

This car's bench is only good for the springs
His words not mine

Worth something to someone else but for me it's just something I'd have to unload. I'd gladly give it away to someone in need.

I have a 68 Dart 270 for sale and also a 69 Dart GT for sale. I am in PA near Carlisle Fairgrounds. I your interested I can send anyone pics. Mine are alot cheaper than $2000.00 and I can help u out. Let me know. Just want them to go to good homes to resore or make drag cars out of them. I also have 67-69 barracudas for sale notch and Fastbacks for restorations or drag cars. All are project cars with no titles but I can help you get a registration then a title if wanted easily as have done it and can explain how.

Thanks,

Wizard

I'm willing to spend way more for less of a project but finding "the perfect car" is turning into "maybe I should just build one the way I'd want it" which frankly I would enjoy. What I don't want is a numbers car I can't make mine. Any out of state car I have to consider shipping to CA which just cuts into my starting budget so I'm not sure it would benefit me. Plus the inventory of good skeletons is usually better out here (when you can find one).

I've been looking for a 1968 Dart or fastback Barracuda project for some time now.
I stumbled on this "drivable" slant 6 car, 7 1/4 inch rear end, drum brake car.

The complete drivetrain is worthless (to me) so my plan would be to donate it away to somebody.

There is very little salvageable about the interior as well. Even the steering wheel is destroyed. Maybe the back seat can be re-foamed and saved along with some instrument panel pieces.

He is advertising it at way more than I am willing to pay ($11,500) but is open to honest offers and he did admit the car is overpriced. Question I have is what's it worth?

1 owner California car, solid body/frame. Still has original black plate.

View attachment 1715845862

View attachment 1715845863

View attachment 1715845864

View attachment 1715845865

View attachment 1715845867

View attachment 1715845868

View attachment 1715845869

View attachment 1715845870

View attachment 1715845928

View attachment 1715845929

View attachment 1715845930
Unless you want to build/restore one, you are better off waiting and looking for a nice car, pay the extra and have something you don't have to work on for a few years to complete. If you have to build it from scratch it had better be cheap. Even if you do all the work it will cost you $15+ to complete. Your choice.

1492195-236824768adaa04e8dd4ce41bf2c70d2.jpg

Paid 6K for it 8 months ago not worth 11k but 8 i would think. And 8k is still little high but there climbing. Someone will pay. I would be interested in the drive line. Jesse
2F5A9593-2656-40B8-ADEB-4D683EF99E67.jpeg
5DF5B395-E01B-4E98-A9A9-7477D61D7181.jpeg

if that Yellow car has no trunk rust, no rocker panel rust, no fender dog leg rust… $5K is not going to buy it on the open market nowadays.

Ns1rm21 looked for 3 years for a 68 Dart starting in 2007 and couldn’t find a car in the shape of this advertised yellow Dart for $5K on the open market in Southern or Central California That was 15 years ago !!

This was what Ns1rm21 ended up with 12 year ago for $2500. No fenders, no front seats, rear end only, LBP disk swap, all blown apart. But.. NO RUST whatsoever.

View attachment 1715845909

I had a 68 Dart at Springfling in the swap several years ago, pretty much rust free. Couldn’t sell it. Ended up getting AZMOPAR to haul it to Phoenix and sell it there for me there.

Hate to tell you all but 68 darts have come down a hair in value just recently. 69 have stayed pretty much the same.

In the rust belt, I think actual selling price would be 8k.

Hate to tell you all but 68 darts have come down a hair in value just recently. 69 have stayed pretty much the same.

What about relatively to each other at this base hardtop non-performance level (270, GT, etc) ? 68 vs 69.

Do you think the 68 Hemi clone donor market has cooled off?

So many variables at this project to driver level... it's really though to split hairs.

I hate to tell you too but your theory is flawed.....68 Darts will ALWAYS be the most sought after and desirable for many reasons in my opinion but what's not opinion is the 68 Dart was the Hemi Dart and for that reason alone will make them the number 1 all time sought after and most valuable to buy.

I hate to tell you too but your theory is flawed.....68 Darts will ALWAYS be the most sought after and desirable for many reasons in my opinion but what's not opinion is the 68 Dart was the Hemi Dart and for that reason alone will make them the number 1 all time sought after and most valuable to buy.

From what I read, he didn't specifically say 69 was worth more than 68.

He just said 68's have cooled off some. Maybe he can clarify.

I think 63-65 B-body market for donors for Super Stock clones has cooled off. Cause the market for those done restored clones have cooled off too.

Last edited:
I think the seller is on CRACK ! $4000 tops. and that's being generous Not a muscle car. That's more than twice what it cost new !

I think the seller is on CRACK ! $4000 tops. and that's being generous Not a muscle car. That's more than twice what it cost new !
He’s a nice guy. Perhaps somebody else likely told him it was worth that and he’s rolling the dice. You know what they say, ask high and let them talk you down. He did say he wanted to do something with it but as he learned more about what it would take (k member, etc) he got discouraged. He was pretty straight with me I just didn’t want to make an offer just yet.

Used to find those for $700-$1500
Granny car.

50 yrs later

6-7k as is. It's technically a wrecked daily driver. The seller is hoping and praying on the mopar name.

NICE would be 12-29k

Its wrecked and needs new Interior, dash pad, it's a slant with the weakest drivetrain..
Lol.

It would be more desirable as a roller for anyone wanting to build it up.

That’s where I was in my head (6-7k at best) and that’s only because I really want a ‘68. If it had a salvageable interior w/buckets I might consider a few more bucks.

I ended up paying the "New Jersey" and "Ohio" cost. I sacrificed when he told me he's trying to pay for some things for his kids. I will have the car tomorrow.

Ill be sure to post my usable "throwaway parts" for the forum in case anyone needs them. The car should broken down to bare body, and on a dolly within a month. I'm eager to begin work. Thank you for all the input.

Very cool. It was gonna bring what ya call NJ/Ohio
pricing either way. Damn things sky rocked in price the last couple years. Those low price estimated were unrealistic today unless you stumbled onto a stupid good deal by accident.

Good luck. Can't wait to see the updates

-
Back