Whats it worth? Sorry

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I, I'm looking into this fury, it runs and drives, it's a 318 auto , cars actually pretty solid, what do you think it's worth? In its current state. They are asking a very low price for it

Attachments

• image-1447957060.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 646
  • image-932489387.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 610
  • image-3925255218.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 609
  • image-1123451027.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 626
  • image-2422854409.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 620
  • image-259067125.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 610
  • image-1354453228.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 631
  • image-1196553696.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 643
I would pay $2,000 to $2,500 max. If those leaves in the cowl have worked their way down into the fresh air box you're going to have some corrosion to get rid of in a very, very difficult place. It's almost impossible to get into the fresh air box without cutting a good sized hole somewhere. That said, if you can get it real cheap (less than $1500) and the body is in good shape and it runs OK you come out alright!!

Treblig

Be very cautious of whats under that "custom" paint too........

If it's really sound i.e. no rust/bondo/water leaks then $2500 tops. Did it once have a vinyl top? You don't see that many '70 Fury 4 dr hardtops, it's a cool car for sure. On a side note be sure you'd enjoy the feeling of a car that size.

By the way what color is the original paint?

My opinion and 5 bucks will get you a cup of coffee.....that being said. It runs and drives. That gets it $1000. It is a Dino that can fit 6 in the trunk and another 6 up front...not even my mini van can get that many into the drive in. Another $500. If it had a 383 or a 440 I'd go a full 2k. If he wants $2500....you are close. If it were me I would hold out for a 65....

if it were me I would leave it right where it sits.

I had a 70 sport fury just like that except the one I had was a 2 door and I could hardly give it away.

I agree with above post that its probably a 500 dollar car. Unless you are planning to keep it to love and hold and cherish........its not worth it.

The C-body crowd is a strange bunch and its really hard to sell C-bodies. Most likely what you give for it is what you can expect to sell it for unless you restore it which would against better judgment. I found out first hand how expensive and non-existent restoration parts are for this type of car.

Everyone always says C-bodies rock and all that BS but when it comes to putting the $$ with the talk....few ever will. At least that was my experience of owning a 70 fury.

^^ yep like above, I had a 70 convertible Fury. I could not sell that thing and it was pretty cool. I was happy to finally trade it off. Just not a lot of people into C body's, and a 4 door would be a tough flip.

Ok thanks for your opinion

No problem, that's what you wanted. I'm not going to lie and tell you I would pay 5,000 for it. Its a 4 door, and a small block car to boot. Its worth more in pieces.I've owned numerous C bodies and I have never paid more than 1,000 bucks for even a 70 300 2 door.

I wouldn't pay anything for it...I would pass on it and find a 2 door, more money in the 2 doors, you can find a running driving 2 door for 2-3k just my opinion

I agree, not a good car for resale. It took me over a year to sell my 318 4 door '67 Fury, it needed nothing but only got $3k for it.

i pass that car on a weekly basis but I have never actually stopped in and looked at it. It looks to be pretty rough under the paint and In my opinion that year is not a very desirable car even in its two door form. So I were you and considering it would be looking to buy it cheap( like couple hundred at the most) if the motor is good. With the shape its in the fact its four door and the motor thats in it i personally would pass all together on it.

what does your dad ( tell him i said hi) think ?? I see he has some good Mopar stuff on Craigslist. Did you see that DR Diff rear end on there ?? i wish i had the money to buy it

opinions on what to pay?
or opinions on how much you can make off it.??

i pass that car on a weekly basis but I have never actually stopped in and looked at it. It looks to be pretty rough under the paint and In my opinion that year is not a very desirable car even in its two door form. So I would be looking to buy it cheap if the motor is good and not at all if its 318 lol. what does your dad ( tell him i said hi) think ?? I see he has some good Mopar stuff on Craigslist. Did you see that DR Diff rear end on there ?? i wish i had the money to buy it

Yes we pass by it all the time on the way to the drags... He said he would take $600

My dad doesn't know as he isn't familiar with c bodies ,, all the stuff you see on craigslist is mine, I saw the rear end .. Me to....

-
Back