Whats it worth??

-
Because a hole in the roof of any car devalues it terribly IMO.

A factory crank sun roof is an awesome thing and will not devalue the car. The gaskets are impossible to find, however. My brother and I see this crotchety old gasket guy at several car shows a year. We always ask him for the gaskets and goes into a rant about how they don't make them and will never make them. We make it a point to ask him as many times as we can just to piss him off. That car, by the way, is worth around $1500 IMHO.

Stumbled upon a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport today.. I bought it and I don't think I will keep it as right now I need to get rid of stuff to make some room.. Getting packed over here..

Here are the details.

1973 Dodge Dart Sport

Loaded with options.. Triple green (green car/green top and green interior) Fold down rear seat, Power Steering, Power disc brakes .. Sunroof and more.

Car is SUPER solid.. not a hole or rust bubble on the body that I can see.. All Original paint. Underside and Quarters down low and wheel lip are perfect as is the bottom of the fenders,and rockers.. Even the engine bay is spotless..

It did get hit on the drivers side and will need work on the quarter,the drivers door replaced and a fender.. No structural damage.. I will include a nice replacement drivers door.

The Quarters,Trunk floor and floors and frame are very nice.

Interior is in GREAT shape just a little dirty.. Thanks

225 Slant six... The car was running and driving in 2004...

Any opinions on what it is worth? If you are interested PM me.. Thanks a lot..

oh and forgot to add. Car has 33,000 original miles

If you weren't halfway across the country, I'd come pick it up today.

That car sure looks a lot like the dart sport in my build thread! Gawd i love these cars especially in Dark Sherwood Green.
Why don't you clean it up and show some new pics? (Engine compartment etc.)
I bet the shine and detail will change some opinions.
I still say that if you paid more than a grand it's too much given the ''now'' condition, especially because you want to flip it.
Fix it up, get it running, and clean it up it might get 3 grand IMHO......
BTW, i'm not a big fan or sunroof cars either, but different strokes for different folks.
A lot of people like them and are willing to pay extra for it......

Those options were all very common in those years. Indeed, 1973 was the last year for front drums as they used up old stock. I saw a similar Duster on the local cl that had been repainted and just needed re-assembly (owner got tired) and recall it was a V-8. No dints and such, and rust-free CA car. Asking $1800. I was tempted, but too many projects already and little space.

I did a quick craiglist search and it looks like asking price for cars like that in your area is right at about $32,000.00
I have to move there , if that is worth 32,000 would like to sell my car there .

i think there are tons of good parts on the car even if it is damaged and a undesirable year. there are plenty of them being driven and that warrants the need somewhere to someone for the literally hundreds of good parts left on the car( inside and out) that can be sold. And there is more than 1000.00 in parts if you part it out but you might just have to wait a bit longer until a need arises but hey you already have somebody interested in parts.

Yes, I agree there are many great parts but the seller said "there is tons of money in parts on it" when in reality parts for those cars are not very expensive....I think the OP feels like he"ll make a fortune parting this car out.

$500-$1000 tops., with a Title....and I love Dodge Dart Sport(s)
Honestly
Its worth more in Parts than it is assembled...sadly.

Yes, I agree there are many great parts but the seller said "there is tons of money in parts on it" when in reality parts for those cars are not very expensive....I think the OP feels like he"ll make a fortune parting this car out.

Not a fortune.. But way more then I could sell it for..

it is prob not worth a ton and prob worth more parted out.

I'm gonna get it and get it running and clean it up and put a door and fender on it possibly and then sell it... I'm gonna need to find room somewhere...

I bet you find cowl damage when you remove that fender, and its absolutely got to have door lock pillar damage, as well as the 1/4. Rocker probally isn't straight either. Good luck with whatever you do, but id part that thing out.

I bet you find cowl damage when you remove that fender, and its absolutely got to have door lock pillar damage, as well as the 1/4. Rocker probally isn't straight either. Good luck with whatever you do, but id part that thing out.

Its the front half of the quarter... The rocker is straight as a pin .. I will clean it all up and detail it and then get it running and moving and then go from there :burnout:

-
Back