Whats more annoying?

Whats more annoying?

• Total voters
-

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Im here at work and the machine I run is a slitter we cut one big roll of plastic into multiple smaller rolls and rewind them into a new smaller roll. Periodically I have to replace the knives they are a pain im the *** and is the most annoying thing ever. This pos is completely comprised of lock nuts (the one with the plastic threads) and bolts that are 3 inches too long! I have about a 3inch hole to put my hand in and untighten a 4 inch bolt that could easily be 3/4 of an inch long. Lol

Since this is an "anything goes" thread......Don't question the process, process the question. lol

Step up and suggest a solution that saves time and money for your company!

Thought that is what good employees do or am I just in the past.

...bolts that are 3 inches too long!......

If bolts that length are needed for another application one might expect some resistance to replacing them. A shorter acceptable bolt length that accomplishes the task would be welcome in a JIT environment I would think. Time is money. Setup and reset time equates to machine idle / downtime and lost opportunity for production.

If bolts that length are needed for another application one might expect some resistance to replacing them. A shorter acceptable bolt length that accomplishes the task would be welcome in a JIT environment I would think. Time is money. Setup and reset time equates to machine idle / downtime and lost opportunity for production.

time to get creative
take the blades out, weld up the holes
drill and tap them for whatever eurotrash bolts your using and done
maybe take a saw to the bolts to cut them down to length, and bobs yer uncle

I'd just go to work somewhere else...
I wish I could buddy. But aint nobody around here gonna pay me what I make here. Unfortunately im kinda stuck. Its not a bad job but its not a great job either. Its just a job that pays the bills. I make pretty good money for this area.

I always told the guy that was taking too much time to do it the other way.. when he would look at me with that big question mark on his face I'd say FASTER!!

I used to try and make the system better, but I finally realized everybody thinks they are smarter than me. So then, I do my job, however long it takes and I get paid by the hour, so I always have work, and the overtime goes in my pocket; IMO who's the dummy now? I only ever had one boss who appreciated my skills, paid me very well, and gave me free rein. He made a lot of money off me, and I never resented it one bit, cuz my wallet was heavy too..

As a maintenance guy all I can say is "put in a work request" LOL
Seriously though, I agree that combination sucks. Could you ask for some shorter bolts before you put it back together?

Step up and suggest a solution that saves time and money for your company!

Thought that is what good employees do or am I just in the past.
I have it does no good. We have two different managers one over my department and one over mantenance we and they stay in a pissing contest so anything that will help us maintenance won't do. And I FWIW I'm a very good employee and a hard worker not sure what your implying with that comment.

You are in the past, along with me.
Not in the past. I am a model employee. I make suggestions and tell my supervisor things that would help us out they just don't always listen. Those decisions are above my pay grade if I go swapping out parts without permission then I can get fired for modifying the equipment.

As a maintenance guy all I can say is "put in a work request" LOL
Seriously though, I agree that combination sucks. Could you ask for some shorter bolts before you put it back together?
Yea I hear that alot Haha. My good buddy works in the maintenance department he said his hands are tied by his boss too.

-
Back