Whats my 72 dart swinger worth?

-

7duce swinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, havent been on fabo in a very long time. I am selling my 72 dart swinger project, but i honestly do not know where to price it at.

318/904 combo, brand new headman headers(month old), new starter, battery, clutch fan,comp cam ,echlin chrome box ign. ,edelbrock 600, aluminum radiator, 8 3/4 rear 3.23 suregrip 489 center.

The car has (2) mustang bullit wheels, i sold the other two, along with the bbp adapter's. I never finished the tubs from being busy with my other project. The car does not have plates, and is back by two year's, and i dont know what it will cost to register it. It is light saphire blue, with aar styled stripes. There are very minor dents on the pass. side door and the tub job needs finishing.
So what do you all think it is worth? Please no bashing, i painted it myself lol.

Attachments

• Img_130520170419.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 364
  • Img_130520190413.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 366
  • Img_130520190628.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 346
  • Img_130523174758.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 349
  • Img_130523174949.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_20130309_163925.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 353
Sorry, i just noticed the pics are huge, except for one and theyre sideways lol. I dont know what happened, but ill take some better ones tomorrow.

It's just me but from the pics I'd be in the 3500 - 4000 range with more details maybe more or less

around here. just going by the crappy pictures and no so great description i think you would be lucky to see $2500 for it.

better pictures can change that though. better description also..

things that will turn a lot of people off:

never finished the tubs

car does not have plates, and is back by two year's, and i dont know what it will cost to register it

side door and the tub job needs finishing.

Please no bashing, i painted it myself lol.

its not that guys can't fix this stuff but when you see this stuff the price goes down:

Well that sounds ok, ive turned down a few trades, only because i didnt like the cars. I got an offer for a 96 cobra, a beat up judge and a 96 gt mustang. Just not me... So what do you or anybody figure with the minitub done, a set of wheels.can i add say 4-500 to the price?

Well my job is buying cars lol and if I was to buy it to make money I'd offer 2500 and post it as 4000 then let then talk me down to 3500 but that's just me I buy and sell cars all day lol.

When i say minor dent, i mean the size of a pea at the very bottom, not noticeable if i dont show it. Nothing wrong with the door. Needs a carpet. Has zero rust in the trunk, and none around the decklid area. No rust anywhere at all

pictures, pictures and pictures will help a ton. get pics of every spot you would look at if you were buying it.

I have the tubs just havent got to weld them in. Been to busy, motor was re-ringed 44,000 miles ago, has 596 heads that are milled to 61 cc's and they were polished not ported,has 9.3:1 comp ratio everything but the block, rods, are new. It has a brand new mp distributor wires msd coil, minus the chrome box. New eddy carb, affco radiator. The car starts and runs no problems at all.
Has four link setup, with coilovers.

Also has durango buckets and original rear bench that i have new covers for. Pretty much needs the carpet and dash pad. Has b&m quicksilver shifter as well. Dmv's site says an estimate of 143 last time i checked, which was 5 months ago . Dont know how much its went up. Will check tommorow other than that i cant be any clearer about the car. Ive been offered 5k but that was from someone that just got his taxes and had money to blow.
I just have no idea what its worth. Oh also has all new glass except for the wings

other than that i cant be any clearer about the car

tons of good pictures will help a ton. the pics you posted in the first post suck. entire front,back ,sides, int, under hood ,trunk, undercarriage..etc.. pics of it all. and nice clear good size pictures not that sideways blurry crap you posted ...

unfinished projects aren't worth anything - plus you never get your money back.. I woulda took the $5k offer if you really wanna sell it..

I personally will never sell my Demon cause I know I'd never be able to buy another one that's as nice as mine for what I'd get for it

Whoa, whoa, whoa abodyjoe, i do believe i said sorry i dont know why the pictures came out huge, and sideways. Ill try to fix them and get some better ones. Theyre great on my camera and phone, what is with some of the people on this site. You start calling everything crap, when you could have just said hey man your pics arent that clear. Take some better ones or somethin geeze..
But maybe you didnt read that post where i said sorry for the bad pics....

I war also checking, my mail and noticed i mistyped something. I meant i have the tubs, and 4 link setup, i will install before id sell.
Thanks for all the input i was thinking around 4 all done.

Whoa, whoa, whoa abodyjoe, i do believe i said sorry i dont know why the pictures came out huge, and sideways. Ill try to fix them and get some better ones. Theyre great on my camera and phone, what is with some of the people on this site. You start calling everything crap, when you could have just said hey man your pics arent that clear. Take some better ones or somethin geeze..
But maybe you didnt read that post where i said sorry for the bad pics....

I war also checking, my mail and noticed i mistyped something. I meant i have the tubs, and 4 link setup, i will install before id sell.
Thanks for all the input i was thinking around 4 all done.
I was just being honest -people don't like to buy other peoples abandon projects, honestly don't bother asking what it's worth at this point in the project "you're gonna finish it if someone wants it" is a lame excuse, it's worth $1,500-$2,500 cause it's not drive-able..

I've been trying to sell my fox Mustang with $13k into it running and driving for $4,500 and been getting $2,500 offers.. I took the wheels/tires out and asked $3,000 and can't get it..

Sadly it's a buyers market unless you have some rare 1 of 5 hemi/440 car.

MY true advice- keep it, finish it, and enjoy the car - with a for sale sign in the back window - it's likely what I'm going to do with my Mustang and take the first reasonable offer that comes your way.. it does look decent, get another set of Bullitt's, finish the tubs, and like I said enjoy the car..

Why wouldn't you have taken the 5 grand for it awhile back?
Now you're willing to take 4 grand and have to finish it?
What am i missing here?

If you really were offered $5k, you made a mistake by not taking it. $5k can buy you a decent daily driver one. Your's currently is not a driver. Also, custom things that people do to their car that are their taste, don't always impress others.

All the stuff done in the engine compartment looks okay, but I would rather have a more stock looking engine compartment. The Swinger emblems in the leather durango seats, I wouldn't want that. Basically what I am saying is you can't add things like that to a car and expect more. I have worked in the auto industry for a long time, and you learn really quick that things like stereos, wheels, lowering kits, etc... don't add value to the car, because it lowers the projected demographic of who wants it.

Not bashing on you or the car, just making a point. The car looks fair, but miss matched wheels, cut out wheel tubs, stuff like that hurt it. I am thinking $2500 at best currently.
Maybe more when the wheel tubs are installed, if they are done properly.

And as Joe stated, lots of good, clear pictures. Use a photo hosting site like photobucket.com

The more i read, the more i see what i said wrong, and what i could have phrased differently. What i meant was more on the lines of how much or what is a good asking price with everything done.

I didnt mean for this to be a big mis-understanding and to sound rude on my part. I really meant what is a decent asking price(or estimate) for a tubbed swinger, with the rear suspension done, a complete set of wheels lol, and decent paint.
My bad i know what i wrote, i was in the hospital visiting my dad, and had alot of different things on my mind but i really meant to ask differently.
Lol the swinger emblems have a sticky tape and are removable. The only reason for mis-matched wheels was that i only had two at the time. I sold the set, and bought some polished torque thrust wheels and big bolt pattern disks for the front.
The 5k offer came from a family member and my big block was part of the deal too. I ended up selling the motor seperately. Besides that ive been offered 2 mid 80's 5.0 mustangs, a 4.6 96 mustang, and a 94 5.0 mustang

My bad guys these past two months were miserable. Nothing but hospital visits. My dad had a 5 artery bypass done after a heart attack he said he didnt feel lol. I suppose thats what i had on my mind when starting this thread that made it sound retarded lol.
By the way i also meant i will fix before i sell.

Oh and hey zac_f71, stangs go for ridiculous prices over here like 8 k with only cobra r's and cold air intakes lol. They sell like crazy, cheapest ive seen are anywhere from 5 for a ratty looking notch/hatch to 8k for not even very modded ones. Friend of mine wants to trade an 87 hatch with 4 lug cobras 5 speed and mild 302 with full stainless exhaust pretty nice and quick, but i hate mustangs with a passion,lol. Good luck on your sale

-
Back