What's the best way to sell a good engine

-
Most will agree, if you cant hear it run you have to consider it a core for rebuild. If it is out of the car you should at least offer to pull the heads for inspection and maybe the pan. You can see everything you need to know with the heads and pan off.

I would love to have a good runnin Poly. With their sawtooth valve covers, they would make an awesome ratrod powerplant.

Post a pick of the 66 fury.
My dad bought one new, him and mom brought me home from the hospital in it, as well as my two other sisters.
He loved that car, it was the first new car he ever bought.
He drove it until 1983, when he traded it in on a new Dodge Charger for my mom.
He also went back to the dealer the next day to buy it back, but they had already sold it.
I did get to drive it a few times in high school, it was pretty wore out by then, but it had around 200,000 miles on it.
I remember the roof right above the drivers door was wore down to the primer, when my dad would drive it and put his hand out the window and touch the roof. I believe he paid $2200 for it brand new.
They do not build cars like that anymore.

It's always good to hear them run. You then know that it isn't seized up and in reasonable condition. Running on all 8 are a bonus if it is sold as a drop in and drive engine. I heard my 273 run by trickling gas down the carbruetor and jumped with a tractor battery. You can make it run on the floor if needed with a flywheel / bellhousing or transmission and and a starter, a battery to start it and a jumper wire for the distributor. It would be best to make it run in the car and video it. Then it can be pulled for sale. FBBO would be a good place for a ad. Poly's are still popular.

My dad bought one new, him and mom brought me home from the hospital in it, as well as my two other sisters.
He also went back to the dealer the next day to buy it back, but they had already sold it.
I did get to drive it a few times in high school, it was pretty wore out by then, but it had around 200,000 miles on it.
I remember the roof right above the drivers door was wore down to the primer, when my dad would drive it and put his hand out the window and touch the roof. I believe he paid $2200 for it brand new.

What a great story! I have a friend with a 66 Charger. Original Hemi charger that is. Anyway, he bought it in 1970 of a used car lot in Warner Robins, Georgia. He pulled the original short block and stuffed it under a bench in his shop. Put an NOM short block in it and raced it for years. Anyway, by the time we met in the late 80s, the paint on the top was worn down to the primer in some spots, to the bare metal in others. Barry always washed and waxed it every single month. It had so much wax buildup that it never even rusted the exposed bare metal. lol He' ssince had it completely restored and now is has a fire breathing 528 Hemi under the hood. Your paint story reminds me of Barry's car.

What a great story! I have a friend with a 66 Charger. Original Hemi charger that is. Anyway, he bought it in 1970 of a used car lot in Warner Robins, Georgia. He pulled the original short block and stuffed it under a bench in his shop. Put an NOM short block in it and raced it for years. Anyway, by the time we met in the late 80s, the paint on the top was worn down to the primer in some spots, to the bare metal in others. Barry always washed and waxed it every single month. It had so much wax buildup that it never even rusted the exposed bare metal. lol He' ssince had it completely restored and now is has a fire breathing 528 Hemi under the hood. Your paint story reminds me of Barry's car.
Funny thing is to this day, I don't think dad has picked up a can of wax in his life. He is 78 now, and still going strong.
But what he did do was every oil change, go up to my Aunts house, that had a gravel driveway, and dump the old oil in the doors and 1/4 panels.
That old fury never had a drop of rust on it.
I remember he kept chains in the trunk of the car, we would always go up to my moms parents in the mountains every Sunday for church and dinner.
Grandma made the best home-made bread, she would always ask me what I wanted to eat, I would say fresh bread and butter knife, that is all I need.
One time it started snowing and never stopped, Dad and Grandpa put the chains on the old plymouth, it took us home never slid.
I did see alot of Jeep CJ-5's flipped over on the road on the way home, and lot of 4x4's in the ditch.

I did see alot of Jeep CJ-5's flipped over on the road on the way home, and lot of 4x4's in the ditch.

people think a 4x4 will not slide or brake better on ice then a 2wd
ive found all that 4wd does is get you stuck so far i cant pull you out and you need to call a tow truck

why not junk the slant out of the candy girl and put the poly in there?
Best post ever, If I were next to you I would clap and cheer. What an awesome freaking post!!!

51YMMGmq84L._AC_SX425_.jpg

The last pic of it in the trees is exactly how I bought it. My dad and I spent the morning cutting trees and digging before we could actually pull the car out.

Those trees prevented the scrappers from getting it because a few junkers didn't want to cut and dig it out.

It didn't come with the rally wheels, those were loaners from my duster just so I could roll the fury out, the tires that were on the fury were really old completely dry rotted tires

20180820_110301.jpg

20180820_110246.jpg

20180807_151335.jpg

Last edited:
You are lucky to have clean cars out in the western states.

people think a 4x4 will not slide or brake better on ice then a 2wd
ive found all that 4wd does is get you stuck so far i cant pull you out and you need to call a tow truck
4x4's just take you out further, to get you stuck worse.

You are lucky to have clean cars out in the western states.
I knew about this car since I was in my high school years, I walked by the house where it was on my way to school. I didn't know what kind of car it was then because I didn't get into cars until a year or two after I first saw it parked there. The guy who owned it before me is a compete doll, but when I was a senior in high school, he was already in his 30s. The first time I asked him about the car, I almost couldn't get the words out. I didnt have the money the first I asked him about it and I didnt actually buy it till 2018 after quite a few conversations with him. He didn't know anything about cars.

I discovered recently, now that I own it, that its plagued with electrical issues. I had to "hot wire" and bypass all the car's electrical to get it started. Poor guy would have never got it going even though he admitted to not knowing what he is doing with a car. I'm going to pick him up for ice cream when it's done lol.

The last pic of it in the trees is exactly how I bought it. My dad and I spent the morning cutting trees and digging before we could actually pull the car out.

Those trees prevented the scrappers from getting it because a few junkers didn't want to cut and dig it out.

It didn't come with the rally wheels, those were loaners from my duster just so I could roll the fury out, the tires that were on the fury were really old completely dry rotted tires

View attachment 1715573295

View attachment 1715573296

View attachment 1715573297

That is cool ride. There is a Fury III that runs around my town, completely stock. Always liked those. I'd keep the poly in it and run it.

-
Back