What's this Barracuda worth???

-
thanks, Geof.
And here it is. Driven, not dragged, home. The four flat spots on the tires caused by sitting for 2.5 years really shook the car the death, though. Thank god it was a short drive!

cudapost1_zpsd394b80f.jpg

Thanks, everyone. I hope the end result justifies the thread (lol).
I always hated vinyl roofs but its really working on this car, I think.
So hey, info gathered here really helped me settle on what I was willing to pay for her so again I say, "thank you".

Now, part of the deal was that it had to turn over, I wasn't messing around with a seized engine. I brought the cables and the owner kicked it over one time and she almost lit off. So, I had him turn it over again and this time shot a blast of starting fluid and boom, she settled into a steady idle. Belched an assload of smoke, tho, which didn't start to ease off for like 20 minutes. The a/c compressor clutch works but nothing cold came out. Hey, it was still a pretty good day.

That's friggin' NICE, dude! I like that vinyl top too, because there doesn't seem to many so much of a rust hazard by keeping it away from the lower areas of the rear glass. Looks trippy and stylish.....I'll guess and say '72 Valiant on the hubcaps.

Now THATS a nice car!! Great job T&T getting it home. Hopes for nothing but good luck and fun with your new purchase!! You dun good!! Geof

The car stinks, though. Nasty, moldy. Can't wait to clean it just so I can get near it. Tossed all the loose textile stuff...fuzzy floor mats, some rags in the back seat, piece of remant shag carpet serving as trunk mat, and the underhood insulation......GONE!

cudapost3_zpse7384da0.jpg

cudapost2_zps5bc205e4.jpg

I have a set of 5 14" hubcaps (wheel covers) for a fish if you want the corrct ones. $30 plus the ride from here.

Hey, at least it doesn't appear to have had the dreaded "shi**y-door-latch-pin-repair-job" either, thank gawd. I hope the carpets aren't wet. 8-[ If so, I'd yank 'em just out of paranoia.

cudapost2_zps5bc205e4.jpg

its not about the smell, it's about the presence of mold. Car needs a hospital-grade cleaning. Some things like carpet are much easier to replace than sanitize.
Trying to figure out if the lower strip of the dash panel is supposed to be black or silver.

Me thinks black in 69, but the 69 Gods will surely speak to this!!! Calling Steve-o 4spdragtop!! Take a peek under that steering wheel wrap too, I'll bet theres a nice woodgrain rim hiding there!! Geof

So I got my volkswagen engine comletely reassembled. It was a gorgeous day outside and a perfect time to be out in the garage with a toolbox and boombox. Paradise.

So who gives a damn and what the f^^k does this have to do with anything? Well, (thanks for asking by the way) need to put one project behind me 'fore starting the next. I decided I would not start on the fish until the dub was returned to daily service. After a quick fuel filter replacement tomorrow, that should be the case. However, I did cheat a bit last week when the VW was held up awaiting parts. I got under the hood with some krud kutter then blasted it out with a pressure washer. It still looks like crap but, along with ditching the insulating blanket, it no longer stinks of mold in there.

Thank you, sir. But tired of it? Well I guess it could happen but, that VW I'm working on, I've had it nearly 14 years.

-
Back