What's this Barracuda worth???

-
Just such an unnecessary post. Like I should apologize for making you read this thread.

I was one of the first people here to tell you your thought process was spot on. Buy it, enjoy it, sell for a profit. I thought the post was funny. Take it for what you want..........

Per agreement, I'm to haul it off this Saturday so there'll be nothing to show or tell until then. I'll be taking an air pump, jumper cables and a can of the ol' starting fluid. Hopefully a shot of that and maybe a lil under the distributor cap will allow me to drive, rather than drag, it home. Failing that, tow straps.

Pics? Saturday evening. But I'll probably start a new thread. I don't need any more info about 'what it's worth'...lol.

Whos to say you have to fix the nose? Fixer up get it running. Fixing the nose would be a option IMO. It looks good either way and only a real hardcore Mopar guy is gonna know most others wont! Looks like a solid start and easy project.

I do think it'll be easy. It's very complete. Aside from the nose and grilles, I won't be spending a lot of time hunting for missing parts. Get the mill chugging and clean, clean, clean.

Then she may just fall to pieces cuz I'm picking up an economy sized box of q-tips on the way home.

OK 5 years changing oil late highschool into early college.

PH8A long filter full width (also main filter before modular motors for ford)
PH43 shorter filter same body diameter, gasket and threads (normal older mopar filter)
PH3600 mainly for ford V6's but slimmer filter but about as long as PH43 same gasket and threads
PH3614 small dodge filter (2.2's ect) same gasket and threads all the way up to PH8A

How's that for memory. I worked there 1988 to 1993....$3.90 an hour there to start bought me my first 1970 340 Duster.

That's pretty darn good, from memory.

So last night, I'm at O'Reilly's having brake discs resurfaced for my wife's car and I start wandering the aisles while waiting. I've been working exclusivley on VWs for the past 14 years and it was sort of a chore trying to re-orient my head on old-skool, pushrod V8 tech. See, I haven't touched a mopar since 1992 when I sold my last '69 Barracuda and I was not looking for nor even thinking about buying another or any other old car, for that matter. The opportunity popped up, I made the purchase, and now I'm rushing to get up to speed on this new project...night and day from trying to do the same back in the early 90's when the internet was in it's infancy not to mention the huge leap in parts availability.

Really looking forward to getting started.

That's pretty darn good, from memory.

So last night, I'm at O'Reilly's having brake discs resurfaced for my wife's car and I start wandering the aisles while waiting. I've been working exclusivley on VWs for the past 14 years and it was sort of a chore trying to re-orient my head on old-skool, pushrod V8 tech. See, I haven't touched a mopar since 1992 when I sold my last '69 Barracuda and I was not looking for nor even thinking about buying another or any other old car, for that matter. The opportunity popped up, I made the purchase, and now I'm rushing to get up to speed on this new project...night and day from trying to do the same back in the early 90's when the internet was in it's infancy not to mention the huge leap in parts availability.

Really looking forward to getting started.

:thumblef: PH8A if I'm not mistaken is the Fram filter I used for my 528 Hemi for the Duster.............

The weathers crap outside so pickup moved to tomorrow.
Meanwhile I was thinking: my gut tells me the dubious header panel is a 69 that had some of the grille openings touched up to house the older grilles. If this turns out to be the case, then it might be possible to simply trim away that excess and return the header to proper 1969 dimensions. All I would have to do is find the right grilles and I could bypass the paint shop saving some coin on the resto. Looking forward to pulling it all apart to see what I may be able to get away with.
Now to go order the big 32oz bottle of 303 for all the vinyl.

Dont use the "Formula 410" for cleaning, you saw what happened in the commercial!!!!LOL!!! Hope to see some oics when you get it home!! Congrats on the purchase!! Geof

-
Back