whats this in the floorboard?

-

dodgethis12

Reaction score
70 swinger 318 auto,

What it the rubber thing in the floorboard beside the dimmer switch? It looks like something you hit with your foot. I saw it in another 70 car on the forums as well. I havent gotten my care home to investigate yet. This is my first 70 so Im kind of a newbie on this. My 72 doesnt have this....

YEP manual windshield washer pump.

I love those and wanna put one in my valiant.

though when they leak.... better get on 'em fast or the car gets stinky & rusty.

oh..wow! I think I like the electric one on the 72 a little better. Are these repop'd anywhere? I'd like to get the car 100% functional.

2 speed wipers (motor sticks straight out from firewall) has manual pump.

3 speed wipers (motor sits flat against the firewall) has an electric pump.

Or use the push to wash feature of the power washer system for a one sweep intermittemt wiper and add a foot pump washer :)

SO THAT'S WHAT THAT THING IS

I was wondering what the heck that did. Explains why after hitting it with my foot a couple times the drivers inner fender was soaked with something that smelled oddly like washer fluid... also explains why my headlights shorted out randomly.

^^^^ lol thats pretty cool man!

How hard is it to swap to the 3 speed electric setup? Is the wiring there? I would need a tank, pump, 3 speed switch and wiper motor?

The wiper motor plugs into the bulkhead in its own jack. Pretty simple. You will need the dash switch also I believe.

Use it to squirt bleach (Or equal) onto the rear tires.

Use it to squirt bleach (Or equal) onto the rear tires.

Rumblefish, this is exactly what I did with the manual foot pump on my old '69 340 Swinger back in the very early '70s!!! Got a lot of looks at the old street races (did I say that out loud?) and worked fairly well. Just had to run the plumbing to make it work.

A friend of mine used to STOMP on the one in his old valient it to spray my car while I was behind him at traffic lights. Never knew what he was going to put in the washer bottle... I need to get mine hooked back up and have some fun...

-
Back