What's your favorite Christmas song or show?

-

ILLDuster74

Reaction score
I personally love this time of year, getting to watch the old stop motion holiday specials. Two of my favorites are "A Miser Brother's Christmas" and "A Christmas without Santa".
The song has to be Silent Night for me or Little Drummer boy, guess I can't choose.

Trans Siberian Orchestra, some gary hoey....

Movies... have to watch the Home Alone series since its family tradition and always enjoy them

They are coming to Rockford, but its a different show. The one about Beethovans (sic) last night. Seen it on PBS it was terrible.

HMMM, lets see...oh, I know...heres a pic of our Christmas tree that the kids decorated. On it we have all of the characters from the "Island of Misfit Toys" from the Rudolph cartoon that I loved to watch as a kid, and now they do also. We go around quoting lines from that movie for at least a month before Christmas, and also love all the songs from the movie also.

My favorite Christmas song of all time is "Christmas is a Birthday" from my hero Burl Ives!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_3499.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_3500.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 93
They are coming to Rockford, but its a different show. The one about Beethovans (sic) last night. Seen it on PBS it was terrible.

Yea, I know. Peoria was great but we decided once was enough. The DVD is so very exceptional we just watch it. Besides, Jewel is in it along with a fantastic tenor. But Jewel. I'm old enough to be her grandfather but young enough to fantasize.

The Charlie Brown Christmas song or any Christmas music bty the Vince Guaraldi Trio. They were ultra badass for just three people.

Christmas carols, this year for some reason I like catchy, upbeat tunes, "We Need a Little Christmas," "Here Comes Santa Claus," and "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas."

Christmas shows, The Grinch and Rudolph.

Also my Dad always read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" poem to the family on Christmas Eve.

For anyone who hasn't read the O. Henry short story "Gift of the Magi," or seen it acted out on stage or in a video.... well it's a Christmas classic everyone should discover, I won't spoil the story for you.

If you like old movies, "Remember the Night" from 1940 with Barbara Stanwyck and Fred MacMurray, it's a sentimental story with some screwball comedy that takes place over Christmas.

In a serious way, "White Christmas" is pretty good. For fun it's " Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer." For movies I kind of like "Elf."

A Christmas Carol (1984 verson w/ George C. Scott), Family Stone, Christmas Vacation. Every year my wife and I go into NYC to Radio City to see the Rockettes and then walk around the city and see the store windows...it always seems to get us into the Christmas spirit.

-
Back