What's your favorite sandwich?

-

pharmboy

Reaction score
Y'know, this is a pretty good question, as simple as meat on bread can be...me, I love a good cuban, nice roasted pork, good ham, swiss cheese, tangy mustard and pickles on a pressed, toasty cuban roll...so, what's everyone else dig?

Ham carved off a real ham not the pressed crap with swiss cheese and honey mustard. Add some garden fresh tomatoes, some purple onions and serve it on wheat bread.

I make a sandwich I call "The Roast Beast". It is shaved roast beef, on a Kaiser bun with Havarti cheese, horseradish sauce, shredded lettuce and a thinly sliced purple onion. {The breath mints are optional} 8)

Hot Pastrami from Tops in Pasadena, basket of fries, and a chocolate shake. You can actually hear your arteries harden as you eat...but oh so worth it.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

The local grocery store makes my favorite: hot shaved steak with provolone, hot peppers, sauteed onions and mushrooms, on 14" white with A1 and mayo.

Orderd out: Cold Italian or Cheese Steak all the way

At home: BLT =P~ I might try memikes recipe and add some A.

I just learned about this sandwich last September and it is my favorite one for sure :-D They call it a Bat!! It's like a BLT but has Avocado instead of lettuce and I sure could use one now =P~=P~.

taylor ham egg and cheese, of course taylor ham is not sold here in Washington

Publix whole ultimate with boars head meat, spicy mustard, lettuce, mayo.

Philly cheeseteak with onions.

meatball sub.

Bill and Bob's Super Roast Beef on an onion egg roll with xtra mayo and cheese. Too bad they are now 750 miles from North Carolina. Arby's is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta agree Publix does make good Cubans and Subs, but nothing beats a Philly or South Jersey real steak sandwhich...not the poser stuff some places try and pass off

Monte cristo.Different ways of making it. I like ham and turkey with swiss,egg dipped large rye bread and grilled.=P~

If not then a chicken carbonara from Quizno's.8)

I have 2

FRESH Hand breaded Tenderloin

or Art's Pizza Roast Beef. They put it on a about 6" french bread, the roast beef recipe was developed about 75 years ago by Harolds dad. harold and his brother both had shops, but for some reason i liked harolds better than his brothers.

Today Arts is run by his daughter (Harold RIP) since his passing. Same great taste

After the generous portion of RB is laid in mango (if wanted) and the juice that the beef was cooked in dripped over the top. This is a very messy sandwich, but WONDERFUL.

If you are ever going by Anderson, Indiana you need to stop by Art's Pizza on Broadway between Vineyard & Cross street on the north side of Anderson. I make road trips to go get them.

I have them put cheese on mine. They bake it to melt the cheese before adding the meat.

Just thinking about it is making me want one.

I think we need to differentiate between sandwich and sub,homemade or bought hot or cold. Whataburger makes a kick *** chicken sandwich.Homemade I like a couple slices of good ham a slice of american cheese and lettuce tomato and onion with mustard for a cold sandwich or a grilled cheese with bacon for a hot one. And who couldnt love a fried bologna on toast? If I was in Chicago there used to be a place called Blue Ribbon Pizzareria on Halsted in Harvey that made a sliced beef with grilled peppers that i think about now 40 years later. it was that good. Hungry now gotta go.

Original Philly cheese steak or a New England style Italian!

Nice to see an appreciation for the sandwich...if I'm making my own, I found a great one(since I don't have an oven or griddle to do a proper cuban) Thin roasted turkey on nice thick whole weat, topped with thai chile sauce, thinly sliced apple, and topped with muenster, nuked til the cheese melts. Darn tasty and practically good for you.

I have to add this,kinda from a different angle but i love peanut butter and honey sandwiches,=P~

How about peanut butter and sweet pickle! yum

-
Back