whats your favorite year barracuda?

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Ok guys n gals whats your favorite year barracuda.

Is it the young barracuda from 1970 to 1974

The middle aged barracuda from 1967 to 1969

Or the older aged barracuda from 1964 to 1966.

Let us see pix too.
Matt

1964-66

1967-69

1970-72

Love em all, but of course I am partial to the A-body Cudas. My buddy's 70 Plum Crazy Hemi was unbelievable, but my ten year search was for another A-body.

They all have their place, E bodies for the popular crowd, for the collectors, +1 for the 67 notch.

1968 but I love em all , I have 65, a 67 and a 68 and I was looking at a 73 4 speed 340 Cuda today to possibly add to the collection. The guy has a 69 GTS 383 car for sale too.

I like the 68.75 coupes!!! something about that 3/4 in the year really does it for me!!

love them all but if I had to pick one to day it would be a 4 speed V8 66 :D

Attachments

• vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20009.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 339
Besides the 68 Hemicuda it would be 1964. That was the first year for the Cuda and also the only year with push-buttom transmission!

66 to match my Valiant 66, Like FishyPete's in this picture with his sons valiant :D

Attachments

• Car show wedding pic's 146.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 333
  • DSC03308.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 336
That is a great question. Long answer: Actually, when I started looking for my first car, my dad 1st suggested a 65-66 Mustang since we had restored a few and were familiar with the car. I wanted something different and and was familiar with the 70-73 Barracuda's that were in many of the Hot Rod and Car Quest magazines that I used to read at that age. We looked around for a while and the only Barracuda in those years that we came across was a very worn 72 that was at a local used car dealership. Still, that car was way overpriced. I still had my heart set on a Barracuda and then came across a white 66 Formula S 4-speed car with black interior and the center hood stripe. My dad and I drove the car, found out it was very solid with just some rust behind the rear wheels (easy repair), went to take my mom back to see it and she talked us out of it (sorry everyone, she wasn't too keen on the looks of it). Then a friend called about a 68 fastback sitting in an old man's front yard. Went to see the car and convinced the elderly wife to sell it to me. That was in 1985. Had the car ever since. Since then, the 67-69's have really grown on me. I would love to find an affordable and decent convertible to restore in the future. However, my daughter, who enjoyed flipping through my dad's photo albums of his Mustangs, convinced me to get her a little 66 Mustang coupe to restore. Oh well. At least she has the bug and I can always get my money out of it if she loses interest. Short Answer: 67-69 Fastback and Convertible.

It's the early Barracuda for me. But then again, the early (66-67) Chargers are my favorite too.
If I were to step outside my envelope, it would be for the 67-69 fastbacks.
Cool cars.

'68 Fastback Formula S naturally.

Attachments

• Bcuda.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 343
-
Back