Reaction score
727 68 340 x head motor 10.5 to 1
750 eddy
elc ing
mild purple shaft cam
stock hop manifolds
stock intake i may change that to some thing close not to crazy
pretty much a stock motor was fresh last year when i got car
i have no details on motor just going from general knowledge of how the car runs

8 3/4 323

i drive this car all over high ways streets race every now and again
right now the car over powers the stock stall so that needs to go

i may spray the car with 100 125 once in a while
not sure if i need a balloon plate or not for that littel bit

im thinking a 2200 2500 should be just right
whats your input

any good makers any one recommends ive had bad problems with getting screwed by the high dollar places having them built and there 3500 away from what i told them to build not once twice but yes 3 times i sent it back they never got it right and guy wanted car so dont know if he changed it or they fixed it but dont by a EDGE racing converter

I spoke with Kenny at PTC, and he recommended a 3200 stall for mine. I have less motor and my car weighs around 3200 without me in it. I am running 3.55's, mildly built 318. If you go with a higher stall be sure and install a trans cooler.

i think you need to call a good converter company and ask them. call dynamic, ultimate and ptc and see what they recommend. your gonna need more info on your combination though. a mild purple cam shaft kinda leaves things open to interpretation. gonna need the weight of the car and intended use of the car. if your not 100% honest about your combo and intended use then there is no way for a company to build something you'll be happy with.

i think you need to call a good converter company and ask them. Call dynamic, ultimate and ptc and see what they recommend. Your gonna need more info on your combination though. A mild purple cam shaft kinda leaves things open to interpretation. Gonna need the weight of the car and intended use of the car. If your not 100% honest about your combo and intended use then there is no way for a company to build something you'll be happy with.
x2

i think you need to call a good converter company and ask them. call dynamic, ultimate and ptc and see what they recommend. your gonna need more info on your combination though. a mild purple cam shaft kinda leaves things open to interpretation. gonna need the weight of the car and intended use of the car. if your not 100% honest about your combo and intended use then there is no way for a company to build something you'll be happy with.

X3

3000 rpm on my fish....sweet stall and once it flashes it runs great at low rpms.

< snip > 8 3/4 323 < snip >

< snip >i drive this car all over high ways streets race every now and again
right now the car over powers the stock stall so that needs to go <snip>

< snip > im thinking a 2200 2500 should be just right < snip >

I would suggest 2500 - 2800 Stall..

FWIW, I have a 2800 Stall in my 383 Dart. It's a 400HP daily driver with 3.91 gears.

In retrospect, I think that I could have gotten away with a 3000 RPM Stall Torque converter in my Dart, but the MOPAR Guru that was advising me at the time of the build opined that a 3K stall would have caused slipping / heating issues in our daily grind, SoCal traffic scene...

When this TC goes tits up, I'll probably step up to a 3000 - 3200 RPM Stall.

--

but the MOPAR Guru that was advising me at the time of the build opined that a 3K stall would have caused slipping / heating issues in our daily grind

another guy stuck in the 70's. that was the rule of thumb back then. no more then 3k on the street. converter technology has come a long way since then and these guys just don't get or understand it i guess. its amazing how high of a stall you can safely run these days. i thought sean at dynamic was nuts when he suggested a 3800 stall for my dart. i said its mostly a street car. he said no problem. guess what. he was dead on. that car cruised the streets like a it had a stock converter in it. on the track it would launch like it was shot out a cannon..

I have a 3000 stall in the Duster. I don't drive it every day. But I haven't
had any conserns with street driving. I have driven it on 4 hour drives at
hwy. speeds and town driving. From home to the Car Craft nats, that the
4 hour trip. Drive it all over for local shows with no problems. It runs at
about 2500 on the hwy. 55-60 mph.
No over heating of the trans. Mabey I'm just lucky.
Works great on the street and at the strip. I change gears for that.
3.23's street and 4.10 strip.
Just my 2 cents worth.

I got a TCI 10 inch street fighter off the shelf converter and I'm HAPPY with it.

Yes it feels pretty tight putting around lightly but push it hard it slips till 3,000 around.

Even shifting in to gear you can feel it hook but doesn't pull the rpms down much at all, 200 rpm at the most. My converter was made in April 2010

I had TCI break away 11 inch in the 1990, pos what it was. That converter slip more than this 10 inch at idle and above yet hooked up too soon, by 2,000 rpm

Now in fairness in the 90's the car had 3.23, now it has 3.91's, I'm sure that helps stop the lugging and converter slip at light throttle

I would call ptc and he will built one to fit your car. He was gona build one for my dart for 500 bucks. It was a 9.5 inch. He was very helpful.

ive called all the companies listed below
most of them all come in at 2500 after giving them the specs only one whos higher is ptc they say 2600 2800

hughes >>2500
ptc>>2600-2800
tci>>2200-2400
mancini they say use a tci 2400 to 2600 breakaway when i talked to tci they said its only comes in 2200 to 2400

tuff call when 4 out of 5 say 2500 i guess it would cause some one to lean that way
im really thinking of hughes or tci or maybe pct

any input from you guys as of the failures or problems with these 3??
ive ran the big dollar stuff from hughes in my power glide no issues but were far from a 2000$ converter

Did you talk to Kenny at PTC? He is a die hard Mopar guy himself. I have heard good things about PTC, but you have to take things with a grain of salt. I will probably go with them myself when ready. Also if you upgrade to more power later, they will service the converter for a minimal fee to change the specs if need be.

i talked to who ever answered the phone ill try to call today and talk to kenny

-
Back