Where did the computer cancelled post go

-

daredevil

Reaction score
I said something that meant something to me and go to look back a couple hours later and the thread is gone. If this is how what I have to say is regarded I will not be back after my membership is expired. Would like an explanation.

I'm bumping this for 2 reasons.1. You deserve a response for the reason you posted above. 2. Because,I think I speak for a lot of people when i say this,we do not want you to leave DD,please reconsider.

I guess i missed it DD. Would be interested in knowing what the nature of your post was. Was it your thread or someone elses thread? Members occasionally do contact mods so as to have one of their original threads deleted but in my case i will never do so prior to reading all that was said and only then will i make the determination as to the need of the deletion. Some want an ad deleted after selling the part. Others want it gone because after thinking about what they wrote, they wish it was gone. Dont guess i saw your post buddy. What was the thread?
Small Block

Please close this thread mods. I,m not gonna boo hoo. Been a good 3 years. Time to move on. Good bye all.

I'm a moderator on another v-bulletin forum. I had a visible post of mine disapear the same day also. No explanation, but it wasn't done by a fellow mod or myself (unless someone was lying). It was a "hard delete" (gone with no trace). I don't have access to the event logs, but I'm pretty sure it was a glitch in the system. I have only had it happen once, and have never heard of it happening to another person.

I would like to know, I am in that thread and wondering what and why ?

Iwas wondering the same thing I started the thread and would like to know where it went things are not too fun around here lately,you can't bump an ad,others can't put comments on ads pos or neg,over the last week i have had post from other members on my threads and the next thing i know they are gone Whats going on around here?????

Iwas wondering the same thing I started the thread and would like to know where it went things are not too fun around here lately,you can't bump an ad,others can't put comments on ads pos or neg,over the last week i have had post from other members on my threads and the next thing i know they are gone Whats going on around here?????

We implemented rules for the for sale forums. Its not really that complicated. I dont understand why some people are having trouble with the rules, they are simple and only put into place to make the for sale ads better. We did it after MANY members asked for changes.

I have explained this many times, and yet, its still an issue. Why is that?

We implemented rules for the for sale forums. Its not really that complicated. I dont understand why some people are having trouble with the rules, they are simple and only put into place to make the for sale ads better. We did it after MANY members asked for changes.

I have explained this many times, and yet, its still an issue. Why is that?

Fair enough but what about DD's post?

From what I understand, he was just mentioning that he could not contribute due to personal reasons?

Fair enough but what about DD's post?

From what I understand, he was just mentioning that he could not contribute due to personal reasons?

I have no idea why it was deleted or what it said. I PMd the mod who deleted it and asked for an explanation. Its possible he thought it was a duplicate thread or something.

Thanks Joey. I know that sometimes you have a very hard job and people don't give it the respect that it deserves. I also know that sometimes people overreact a bit. Hopefully everything can get straightened out soon.

Right or wrong i'll stand up and take any jabs. Now that my memory or lack there of serves me better today and with the help of Joeys ability to recall issues. "I did it". If one will notice the entire thread was deleted not just a hammer on DD. He did nothing wrong nor did anyone else. Here's my thinking at the time.
Cloned started a campaign to get Waggs a computer and several were chiming in to support the effort. That's great to say the least. Great bunch here. After several post by many wanting to contribute monitarially, if i remember correctly superdart340 started an effort to have an auction not knowing the goal of the effort had already been met but he was unaware of it and made an apology indicating so. To help out and rid the effort of any further confusion "I" deleted the entire thread. No slam on anyone, especially DD. Sorry that anyone would take offense to my efforts. As determined by the original poster there became no need for an auction as a surplus of funds is difficult to handle. Hopefully with this explanation everyones feelings should be back on an even keel.
Small Block

I realize that deleting entire posts doesn't happen very often here but may I suggest that the next time it comes up instead of deleting the entire post, lock it out with a comment as to the reason why and DD don't leave K. Of course if the original "poster" wants it gone then gone it is.

I dont bullshit. I didnt pay for membership to see my posts deleted. I took it personal so I will be the man I am and do as i said. I have no reason to post here again.

-
Back