Where do you look to find cars for sale?

-
If there is an auction company near you keep an eye out on all estate auctions.
I missed out on a great 1970 A100 truck that went for $1.700

I'll have to look into this one. Not sure what we have around here for auction companies.

I have an excellent eye for spotting and remembering cool cars I like when I drive around my local desert area. I've knocked on many a door and I would say I have had great success like this. Unfortunately, there's waaay more volume and deals to be found on Craigslist......as long as there's desperate people, there will be good deals to be had.

Craigslist is the best thing to ever happen to classifieds. people will put stuff up they never would have spent the $50 the newspaper wanted for an ad. it also beats ebay for anything to big for normal "stick it in a box" shipping. I only wish they got rid of their stupid no guns policy. For that I have noticed some areas have facebook groups that also do classifieds. Some good cars on there and they also will do guns. You just need a page with at least about 2500 followers that is specific to cool stuff. My town doesn't have a good group but a smaller town a few hours away has an awesome one. Both craigslist and facebook is probably no good for the old guy who doesn't have a computer or camera, but most of those guys will ask a friend or a grandkid to help them out.
I have knocked on a few doors and I deliver mail for a living so I see lots of cars. Still I only find people who are going get around to it. Maybe they would sell, but never seems like a good deal. Craigslist on the other hand the people are ready, you have to be ready as well because a good deal will go within hours and you never even see them if you are only checking every couple of days. When I'm in the market I will check every couple hours during the day.

Craigslist is the best thing to ever happen to classifieds. people will put stuff up they never would have spent the $50 the newspaper wanted for an ad. it also beats ebay for anything to big for normal "stick it in a box" shipping. I only wish they got rid of their stupid no guns policy. For that I have noticed some areas have facebook groups that also do classifieds. Some good cars on there and they also will do guns. You just need a page with at least about 2500 followers that is specific to cool stuff. My town doesn't have a good group but a smaller town a few hours away has an awesome one. Both craigslist and facebook is probably no good for the old guy who doesn't have a computer or camera, but most of those guys will ask a friend or a grandkid to help them out.
I have knocked on a few doors and I deliver mail for a living so I see lots of cars. Still I only find people who are going get around to it. Maybe they would sell, but never seems like a good deal. Craigslist on the other hand the people are ready, you have to be ready as well because a good deal will go within hours and you never even see them if you are only checking every couple of days. When I'm in the market I will check every couple hours during the day.

Yeah I think I have been back and forth between CL and the For Sale section here 50 times today hoping something may pop up. Like you said when you aren't prepared for it something comes up and is usually gone before you have a chance.

You should have no trouble finding cars in AZ! My Brother lives in Glendale and tells me all the time about whats around. If you cannot find it on Criags list try one of the reservations-hell they drive all kinds of old cars

I posted a link a little while back to Valiant wagon on CL that was wrecked. I asked for suggestions on what yall thought it was worth. Got a few responses of 500-700. I took a shot and asked the guy if he would take $700 for it. No go unfortunately, said he wasn't ready to go below 1100.

Heres some pics. I'm really considering this, but am afraid I might be getting in a little over my head just because I am anxious to have something other than the XJ or the Camaro. It definitely wouldn't be a tinker while I drive car (at least not right away). Heres a few pics of it from his add.

Attachments

• 3G13F23I35Ic5Na5Ecd2a59bed655fbf510dd.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 3Kc3M53H85L75G85Edd2a7b5501acdf04122a.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 3L33M53Ha5L25Gb5K9d2a9fb0511d08251bd9.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 137
I have had the same question. Around here it seems like craigslist doesn't have much. I am looking for a local 73 up a-body to use for a disc brake and rear end swap. I figure I will talk to some picker swap meet car guys, car club members, mechanics, route truck drivers and have them keep their eyes open for a abandoned a-bodies.
Don't forget e-bay(for the most part out here in the sticks project/parts cars on ebay don't sell for high numbers). When I was circle track racing a 86 Shelby Charger, I was looking for a parts car. On a whim I checked ebay and got a complete and running 86 Charger 2.2 for $112 just about 30 miles from me, the seller turned out to be a friend of my brothers.

I posted a link a little while back to Valiant wagon on CL that was wrecked. I asked for suggestions on what yall thought it was worth. Got a few responses of 500-700. I took a shot and asked the guy if he would take $700 for it. No go unfortunately, said he wasn't ready to go below 1100.

Heres some pics. I'm really considering this, but am afraid I might be getting in a little over my head just because I am anxious to have something other than the XJ or the Camaro. It definitely wouldn't be a tinker while I drive car (at least not right away). Heres a few pics of it from his add.

This option is out for me. The buyer for my Cherokee backed out on me. Looks like I am waiting, again.

Hate to give this little secret away but try ADHUNTR.COM
it scans every craigslist across the country

Hate to give this little secret away but try ADHUNTR.COM
it scans every craigslist across the country

Yes, just like Searchtempest does.....

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Hey, Johnny did you know that white '67 Cuda you bought from me? I bought that by knocking on someone's door. I took the 10 freeway everyday coming home from work and saw it sitting in a driveway (from the freeway!) After 6 months of seeing it there everyday, I had to go check it out!! That was in '98.

Yes, just like Searchtempest does.....

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Hey, Johnny did you know that white '67 Cuda you bought from me? I bought that by knocking on someone's door. I took the 10 freeway everyday coming home from work and saw it sitting in a driveway (from the freeway!) After 6 months of seeing it there everyday, I had to go check it out!! That was in '98.
HaHa, Really i always keep my eyes open but not much left here in N.Y. You know i sold it when the wife lost her job.
I finally just bought a new one it was the blue street/strip car in the forsale section.

When you guys figure out the best place to buy old cars let me know so I can try to sell one there :)

-
Back