Where do you shop

-

breakstuff

Reaction score
For those early A parts? Doesn't seem like most vendors are early A friendly. So far I use e-bay and mopar forums.

Junkyards and Layson has what we need but,I have heard a lo of bad stuff about Layson.
One member here has bought floors for his car from Rock Auto.

Layson's is hit or miss, and if you do go through them, deal directly with Rick. I've got emblems from them that were good, but I got tail light housings and lenses for my Barracuda, and the housings did not fit. They tried to say it was my cars body, but I had 3 sets of originals that all fit perfectly. The lenses were not the right color red either. The originals are a dark red, and their repops are lighter. I was going to get the rear window trim from them until the tail light issue.
A lot of mechanical parts can still be found at parts stores, and you can still get new windshields. Any other glass, you'll have to find used. I think Legendary has interior stuff.

My 2Cents:

Soft Parts - Steele Rubber Products
Plastic Parts - Laysons - The best luck I've had with Layson's is with Rick@Laysons on FABO. Last two times I bought from Laysons was painless and quick. I contact him, make sure what I need is in stock, he works to get the order posted.
New Pistons - high compression Pistons for 273: Egge
Camshafts, good quality lifters: Racer Brown (Jim really knows his stuff there)
Gasket sets: O'Reilly or NAPA
Spark Plugs: Napa has NGK plugs at the best price at least around here. Pickem by Heat Range to Compression ratio. GR5 = 10:1 - 11:1 /// GR6 = 10:1 or Lower CR.

Best source for solid used parts are Local Junk Yards, FABO, Moparts and E-Bay. Ebay Used to be better for Early A stuff than it currently is. This includes body parts, panels, hoods, etc.

FABO. F Ebay, its now all store front BS. Craigslist is hot if you can the seller to ship, doesnt always happen. Rockauto is nice and cheap. Autozone has been able to get me all the hard driveline parts that I have ever needed, Sure special order but that is like 1 business day for me.

-
Back