Where's Dodge in Nascar???

-
you wanna see some excitement in nascar? take the crap out of the infield at bristol and make it a figure eight track......That's racin! that's exciting! that will fill the stands! put em all in production cars with the windows removed and rollcages and let em play where the big dog's run...Just my opinion of course I've cut most of my laps doing figure eights where ya actually have a chance of catching your tail

2011 NASCAR doesn't matter as much as 1975 slot car racing.

NASCAR was a great sport. Current Nascar could be a wheelbarrel race.

wish it was here still :wack:

Attachments

• bird (Copy).jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 130
It is too commercialized and "glitzy" The days of racing when it really meant something are gone forever.

heh, it's just a shame..........waited for mopar to get back into nascar in 2002, and it was on w/about 8 teams, now corporate doesn't do anything for the sake of dodge motorsports......what happened to win on sunday, sell on monday?

it's just to bad, mopars ruled back in the day........
higgs

you could always try and buy you a nascar body and build your own and put whatever decal brand name on it

They need to go back to the old ways of manufactures having to build X amount of cars to be able to race

WTF is it to be fined for using the wrong brand shocks? If they dictate 99.9% of what you can do is that really competition?

They are losing fan base quickly! and good reason too

How long has it been since you saw a pushrod rear wheel drive Ford or Chevy or Dodge??

Check this site out...
Historic Stock Car Racing Series

http://www.hscrs.com/gallery.php

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w38ruXZiDHs&feature=relmfu"]YouTube - Best-video-NASCAR-MARTY ROBBINS #42 AT WILLOW SPRINGS 5-1-08[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCXt1FOCzE8"]YouTube - Historic Stock Cars at 2010 Monterey Historics[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb56ukIKhTA&feature=related"]YouTube - # 2 -Historic Grand National Stock Cars- AAA Auto Club NASCAR 2-21-2010[/ame]

I used to be a fairly avid Nascar follower. I haven't watched a whole race for a couple of years. It is no longer interesting at all. I think the reasons have pretty much all been stated. What did happen to, "Win on Sunday sell on Monday"? What in the world would you buy??? IS there actually still one single part on a Nascar Stock Car that is installed on a car from the factory? Whatever happened to drivers like Harry Gant who would leave a drywall job, show up at the track, drive 500 miles, complete the ceremonies, and then go finish up the drywalling? Now the whole thing is closer to a reality show than a car race. BORING!!

I left NASCAR after the King, Cale Yarborough, Buddy Baker, and Junior Johnson left. To me they were real cars then. Now they are... well... What I think we need is a full blown vintage SCCA series. I wanna see a red/white/blue striped AMX chasing down Mark Donohue in that damned blue Camaro!

I left NASCAR after the King, Cale Yarborough, Buddy Baker, and Junior Johnson left. To me they were real cars then. Now they are... well... What I think we need is a full blown vintage SCCA series. I wanna see a red/white/blue striped AMX chasing down Mark Donohue in that damned blue Camaro!

Yeah me too or the 1970 series with Swede Savage and Dan Gurney in their T/a and AAR Cudas

MikeDeVore...

"There isn't a V-8 toyota car made."

Wrong.

Lexus has 3 rwd cars

LFA but it is a 4.8 liter 550 hp V10

GS 4.6 liter V8

LS 4.6 liter V8

Yea, I thought about that? There are V8 toyota's and they are kicking the SH(& out of Dodge!!! They build toyota's in america(assemble). I guess they deserve to be there and i'm just rootin for a 3 legged horse and don't like it!! I am A Mopar Man Bloods blue!. Go Kurt Busch!!! Are only one hope!
What are the rules on the engines??/
Is Dodge running a Dodge and Chevy a chevy engine or are all the engines pretty much aftermarket blocks with out Automotive brand identity? ie: Merlin Block ect....

Yea, I thought about that? There are V8 toyota's and they are kicking the SH(& out of Dodge!!! They build toyota's in america(assemble). I guess they deserve to be there and i'm just rootin for a 3 legged horse and don't like it!! I am A Mopar Man Bloods blue!. Go Kurt Busch!!! Are only one hope!
What are the rules on the engines??/
Is Dodge running a Dodge and Chevy a chevy engine or are all the engines pretty much aftermarket blocks with out Automotive brand identity? ie: Merlin Block ect....

I found this an interesting read on that subject

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/189676-the-new-nascar-engines-a-quick-look#page/1

I quit following NASCAR about 5 years ago because of all the younger drivers and their over blown egos. I only go to the NHRA divisional races because at the National events everyone is focused on the Pro cars and their egos. At the divisional events, the fastest things there are the top alcohol and pro mods, but I'd rather watch the sportsman classes. I've been a member of IHRA for about ten years, and at their events they actually care about the door slammers and sportsman racers.

Bill

Excellent article CAFERACERX!
I understand what has happened now andIi see were Nascar has gone.
Hopefully the fans will start dropping off and Nascar will get back to its ROOTS!
When I am rooting for Dodge what am i rooting for really?
essentially just spec racer's now. i was going to spend some money and go to a Nascar race , get a Kurt Busch jacket but not now I am out!!
Stick with the dragstrip, bracket racing and local Stock Car stuFF

yep, good article........someone needs to step up w/a zillion dollars and start a new series for stock car racing using......here's a concept....a stock car.

no foreign cars.......sorry this is an american sport......toyota's basicly running a motor chevy gave them anyways......or was, they never made a pushrod v8.

go back to the roots....

they had it right when you were required to sell 500 vehicles that you were going to run.......motor should be based on a production motor.

it would be awesome to see a hemi running the tracks again!

the only thing thats different on the current motors is the valve covers.

the big three need three different templates........hell that's what competition is.......someone gets ahead and guess what.....here comes your competitor the next year w/something that will run w/you.

win on sunday sell on monday.......that's what it's all about imo.

step up donald...
higgs

With the way the prices are going through the roof in professional motorsports, I wouldn't be suprised to see both NASCAR & NHRA price themselves right out of business. I know the sportsman classes will still be around but I can see the professional programs dissappear. If look at at NHRA, all the teams (especially Pro Stock) struggle to find sponsers and enough money to keep their programs going. It seems like it's more of struggle every year. NASCAR before long will go the same way. They still have their sponsers but for how long? Sponsers will start looking for cheaper ways to advertise themselves. Sponsers don't need a car to slap their name on the side of. It kind of scares me how the price of motorsports rocketing. **** rolls down hill. How long is going to take before you have to be multi-millionare just race in sportsman races.

It would be cool to see true stock cars back at the tracks. Seems like someone would start a new series utilizing the older, smaller tracks that have been discarded. One race at Darlington? None at Rockingham, North Wilkesboro, Hickory, etc. I would definitely watch a series like that.

It would be cool to see true stock cars back at the tracks. Seems like someone would start a new series utilizing the older, smaller tracks that have been discarded. One race at Darlington? None at Rockingham, North Wilkesboro, Hickory, etc. I would definitely watch a series like that.

Short tracks do have the best races. My favorite track was Darlington.

The author is right let the companies run stock bodied and engined cars, that would help r&d along with safety mileage duribility. Benefiting all, including consumers.

I can see the new series now.....

LESSCRAPMOREREALCAR

Mustangs, Challengers and Camaros

1960 rules

Vintage NASCAR would be the go.....it would be a huge draw card, I reckon.....may even open up a few business opportunities.....:)

A nascar race is crazy expensive !!! People still pay but with the price of everything on the increase, primarily taxes, it has to have an effect on ticket sales
People are followers and i know alot of Nascar fans that don't know anything about Stock Car racing nor do they care?!/
They just want to wear the outfits and have a bumper sticker. I think at some point these fans will peter out and jump to some other venue, then Nascar will pay attention to the committed real racing fans
GREED will get the best of Nascar

-
Back