Which 727 Transmission fluid type to use?

-

nitronut

Reaction score
I'm topping off my 727 auto transmission fluid level and not sure which trans fluid to use. The transmission has been rebuilt with a shift kit. Fluid level's a little low and want to use some good fluid recommended for the Mopar. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

Type F is what we always ran back in the day. Now I just run the universal stuff they sell at the parts store.
The best advice I can give you is run a deep pan. Best bang for the buck for keeping a torquflite alive.

All Mopars are now retro fitted to run ATF+4 ,
Highly friction modified fluid for all Mopar 3 & 4 speed automatic applications
Lon

Last edited:
I'm topping off my 727 auto transmission fluid level and not sure which trans fluid to use. The transmission has been rebuilt with a shift kit. Fluid level's a little low and want to use some good fluid recommended for the Mopar. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...
I personally use type F, but the TF's do not care if you run F, Dexron, or the expensive ATF+4. Run what you want!

I also run royal purple atf. It works good. Kind of pricey but trans fluid doesn't need as frequent changing as the engine does.

Atf+4 is supposed to be synthetic and is a little cheaper than the popular name brands. Walmart might carry atf+4 in their house brand.

Any brand of Dexron Mercron “multi-vehicle” will be all you need.
It’s honestly not as critical or complicated as one might think. Run at the proper level and using a cooler is what really would matter

what ever the latest dextron is that is compatible with dextron III

-
Back