Which brand header is the best?

-

Chryslerkid

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a Clifford four barrel intake manifold and short headers, not sure what brand they are. I was wondering if there are better flowing and looking headers around? What's the best drag header to use? Any clearance issues with them? Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I have a Clifford four barrel intake manifold and short headers, not sure what brand they are. I was wondering if there are better flowing and looking headers around? What's the best drag header to use? Any clearance issues with them? Thanks.

If you want them pretty,just get them Ceramic Coated !! I've got Cliffords Shorties (ceramic coated),Hooker Super Comp Long Tubes (ceramic coated) and Aussie Shorties too (not coated),I'm still trying to decide which ones I'll be using on my /6 project !! "I LIKE THE BLING FACTOR" which ever way I go !! This should give you an idea of what my /6 will look like when I'm done with it !!Same color,and polished goodies !!!

SCAN0060.jpg

The only reason I wanted to buy drag style headers is because of the clearance and difficulty of installing exhaust pipes around the torsion bar on the driver side. I assume any drag headers for the slant six would be molded nicely around it....? How much did it cost you to get the header cerami coated?

The best header is the one that best fits YOUR application for whatever goals you want your car to reach. Usually, long tube headers give the most torque and horse power all across the board. Figure what YOUR car does NOW, and what YOU want it to do differently, then devise a plan of attack. Without that, you're just pissin in a fan. To just blatently say "Clifford is the best" is both misguided and just flat out WRONG. It might help you if you start a separate thread about what your car does now, what you want it to do and ask opinions from people who have similar setups how they attained their goals.

hooker super comps... long tube and equal length...

fit great, never bottom out, have plenty of room for dual exhaust...

Attachments

• 100_4732.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 365
  • 101_4396.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 379
  • 101_4399.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 367
The best header is the one that best fits YOUR application for whatever goals you want your car to reach. Usually, long tube headers give the most torque and horse power all across the board. Figure what YOUR car does NOW, and what YOU want it to do differently, then devise a plan of attack. Without that, you're just pissin in a fan. To just blatently say "Clifford is the best" is both misguided and just flat out WRONG. It might help you if you start a separate thread about what your car does now, what you want it to do and ask opinions from people who have similar setups how they attained their goals.

Clifford makes the best header, and that's my opinion so deal with it.
There is nothing misguided or flat out wrong with what I have said.

Well,I've got 3 sets to choose from once I get my engine back !!!Cliffords are Ceramic coated,Hookers are Ceramic Coated,and the Aussie's are factory finished !!:blob:

That...Says it all.........:burnout:

Attachments

• 1965 Dart 037.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 345
That's one sweet setup you've got there !!:prayer::prayer: Where did you get your Y Pipe for the 2 into one pipe ??

That's one sweet setup you've got there !!:prayer::prayer: Where did you get your Y Pipe for the 2 into one pipe ??

Thank you Sir.
Got the Y pipe from Clifford.

Sounds like you have an over abundance of header choices.
Good luck with your build. :thumblef:

very nice setup indeed sir. i like em all. well i guess ill have to experiment with my own. does anyone have the clearance issue with their headers along the drivers side torsion bar? does it ever hit or knock against it? if so, what did you do about it?

very nice setup indeed sir. i like em all. well i guess ill have to experiment with my own. does anyone have the clearance issue with their headers along the drivers side torsion bar? does it ever hit or knock against it? if so, what did you do about it?

never knock or rattle... even with my car 1/2" off the bump stops and 195/55's-13's i dont bottom out... and stock slant bars....

That...Says it all.........:burnout:

Awesome looking engine! :cheers:
What's the advantage of the clifford intake over the offy?
i have an offy and i might sell it to get a clifford........
What is your personal set up including internals?
Do they all clear power steering?
Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread, but i think others would like to know here too.
The super comps look nasty and in your face too, moparkid!
Thanks,
Tom.

I thought I heard somewhere that if you used a Clifford intake that you also had to use the Clifford header due to clearance and bolt-up issues!! Is that not the case?? Just wondering!! And gents, those are some beautiful powerplants but the way!!! Geof

The last /6 build I did (this is #3),I went with the Offy Intake,and the Hooker Headers !! I did have a problem with the collector flange hitting the side of the tranny and pan !! I had a TCI Deep Pan,but I really don't think it mattered. What could have resolved the situation is to have the Header Flange NOT welded,but free floating and the flange ring could have been rotated to avoid any interference !!

I thought I heard somewhere that if you used a Clifford intake that you also had to use the Clifford header due to clearance and bolt-up issues!! Is that not the case?? Just wondering!! And gents, those are some beautiful powerplants but the way!!! Geof

Only problem I have encountered is the Header/Intake flange being different thicknesses,which anyone can compensate for with ground down washers !!I even entertained the idea of bring the intake to a machine shop and let them grind it down to the same thickness as the header !!:D

Awesome looking engine! :cheers:
What's the advantage of the clifford intake over the offy?
i have an offy and i might sell it to get a clifford........
What is your personal set up including internals?
Do they all clear power steering?
Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread, but i think others would like to know here too.
The super comps look nasty and in your face too, moparkid!
Thanks,
Tom.

Word has always been that the Offy was better down low and the Clifford was better on the top end. Offy's work well,I would run it.

This motor is a .30 over bottom end,melling oil pump,with a windage tray.
The head is shaved .100, ported, SI over size valves,340 springs,Erson cam, Clifford headers/intake,Ede 500.I build my own /6 Hi-Po ignition systems.

-
Back