Which Cylinder Heads?

-
Post some pics when you get them! Wish there was some more info out about them, guess that will come after they are released.

Hopefully getting the call from 0U812 that my Trickflow heads are here any day now. Can't wait, the suspense is killing me! The 470 is patiently waiting...

Hopefully getting the call from 0U812 that my Trickflow heads are here any day now. Can't wait, the suspense is killing me! The 470 is patiently waiting...

you have misunderstood hughs evidently. the rpm heads will not flow as good as a set of procomps raised port heads. th procomps are a direct copy of the victor head ( both raised port) which will outflow the rpm. cnc`d or not, "big differance" the cnc`d procomps flow exactly like the victors, and do not have helicoils anywhere in them. the victors, I understand do. I have a set of cnc`d procomps on my 505, and couldn`t be much happier w/ them, they take the same valve gear as the victors. if you run the procomps, you need to make sure all the bolts or studs that you put in them are as long as possible, use antisieze on the the threads, and use reduced torque for alum., just make sure that the threads don`t bottom out! me and a friend re-flowchecked my heads, and they flowed 10 cfm more than the figures advertised by hughs for the victors at 28", probably diff. in flow benches. hughs knows what their talking about! . I paid $1900, for my cnc`d procomps, about 4 yrs. ago., did end up going w/ hughs intake rockers, and shafts, and the procomp exhaust rockers that came w/ the heads. we changed the procomp keepers and retainers out tho----hope this helps------bob

Hopefully getting the call from 0U812 that my Trickflow heads are here any day now. Can't wait,
the suspense is killing me! The 470 is patiently waiting...
Talked to Trick Flow again on Friday. They said the end of May. I tried to give them a deposit
(actually tried to PIF) but they would not accept any money now. I said I was afraid that there
may be quite a long line when they are released. They said "don't worry, when they are released
there will be plenty".

Also saw in the new Mopar Muscle that Trick Flow has a matching single plane manifold for them.

440 Source CNC Stealth Airflow Results
Lift / Intake / Exhaust

.100" -.. 75.0 / 72.9
.200" - 156.7 / 124.8
.300" - 219.8 / 166.4
.400" - 266.2 / 198.1
.500" - 298.8 / 219.3
.600" - 314.9 / 233.3
.700" - 320.7 / 243.8

TRICK FLOW PowerPort 240 Airflow Results
Lift / Intake / Exhaust

.100" -.. 78 / 58
.200" - 154 / 130
.300" - 230 / 186
.400" - 282 / 222
.500" - 310 / 243
.600" - 326 / 253
.700" - 334 / 262

TRICK FLOW PowerPort 240 CNC Cylinder Head

TFS-PowerPort-240_zpsvofibaww.jpg

Scroll down for complete specs and many pics at this link:

http://bangshift.com/general-news/n...ock-chrysler-cylinder-heads-new-option-wedge/

I've heard mixed reviews about INDY-EZ heads. Any opinions on going with the EZs over the RPMs?

What Mixed reviews have you heard? i have the Indy EZ heads on my pump gas 440. which head head to use is kind of hard to answer. what are plans for the car? what size engine? i bought the EZ becasue i was going to build a 512 stroker engine, but that ended up not happening. nothi9ng wrong with the RPM heads, i ran a best of 10.56 at 126 in a 3400 pound 65 plymouth B-body that had a 12.1.1 compression 440. the RPM heads were box stock.
the Indy EZ heads i got off of Dewayne( porter racing heads) he had to tuch up the Indy valve job and did a very mild bowl port on them. other than that they more or less box stock. I think he said they flow around 310 at 600 lift on his bench.my best pass with them on 93 pump gas so far is in my sig. I think i have close to 3000 in them. but i think if i was to do it again i would off got the new trick flow heads. but best of luck in what ever you decide to do. Mopar65

Well, I'd like to give the OP my 2 cents on the Trickflow heads, but still waiting for them:coffee2::happy1:

the engine is on the stand (maybe that will help- like a voodoo doll) assembling the block this week.

Hopefully, Brian H. will be calling with some shipping info SOON! Says he's got 1st dibs on the TF heads- doing testing.:burnout: Heck- I can test them- just release them (can you tell I'm anxiously waiting?) :blob::blob:

-
Back