Which Dart grill looks better?

On a 1970-72 Darts/Demons, which grill set up do you like better?

• 1970-71 Dart/Demon Grill

Votes: 398 83.1%
  • 1972 Dart/Demon Grill

Votes: 81 16.9%

• Total voters
-
I have a 70, and really like the look, but from how little I see a 72, I respect it because there seem to be hardly any out there!

DSC02743.jpg

The 1972 Grille would be awesome if the square lights were not so "tall".
If they were slightly more rectangular like the 1970-71s and moved about an inch or so towards the center of the grille, it'd trump all.
Being so far to the edges it looks a little to plain in the center.

I've long wondered if the '72 park/turn signal lights can be directly swapped in place of the '70-'71 units. Until I try it (don't have the parts) I'm not sure if the resulting '70-'71 grille with '72 park/turn lights would look goofy or cool.

Oh yeah, and:

mopardude318 said:
too bad they never made a 79......lol!

Yeah, they did. Just not in North America. Here's a '79 Dart in Brazil. Here's another one, and here's a '77, here's a '79 Magnum (fancy Dart 2-door), here's a '79 LeBaron (fancy Dart 4-door), here's an '81 LeBaron (final-year fancy Dart 4-door -- looks like a real nice one, with 318/stick)

I've long wondered if the '72 park/turn signal lights can be directly swapped in place of the '70-'71 units. Until I try it (don't have the parts) I'm not sure if the resulting '70-'71 grille with '72 park/turn lights would look goofy or cool.

Oh yeah, and:

Yeah, they did. Just not in North America. Here's a '79 Dart in Brazil. Here's another one, and here's a '77, here's a '79 Magnum (fancy Dart 2-door), here's a '79 LeBaron (fancy Dart 4-door), here's an '81 LeBaron (final-year fancy Dart 4-door -- looks like a real nice one, with 318/stick)

oh my bad....they're ugly and I don't like em...:D:D:D

I've had both on my dart, not because of preferance, just because the '71 was less "busted-up" than the '72! I'm not wild about the tall parking lights on the '72, I was thinking about cutting them out and grafting the bars from headlight to headlight, and put a more subtle turn/park lights elswhere (maybe under the bumper).

My own version of a "Demon Sizzler" grill. I decided to leave off the Argent accents.

The 1972 Grille would be awesome if the square lights were not so "tall".
If they were slightly more rectangular like the 1970-71s and moved about an inch or so towards the center of the grille, it'd trump all.
Being so far to the edges it looks a little to plain in the center.

X2

They are a nice grill but them marker lights do need a face lift.

For me it's the 70-71 no doubt. I just re-installed mine last week. Wasn't painted right as you can see in the picture, I repainted like it would come from the factory. Made a whole bunch of difference in appearence.

..........Yup the 70-71 is da 1.........the 72 is growing on me though......kinda like the pre 67s, used 2 think they were pretty ugly, now not so bad.....kim.......

I like the 70-71 best but i allready have a nice 72 grill so im going to do this:

grill1.jpg

grill2.jpg

I think its a really nice way to paint up the 72 grill to be very awesome looking.

-
Back