Which do you Prefer, BACON or CANADIAN BACON?

Which is better?

• Bacon

Votes: 115 75.7%
  • Canadian Bacon

Votes: 37 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I love both of them but can't eat it.I haven't had them in a while,I really miss peameal Bacon!

I really need to try the peameal bacon, been hearing from a FABO moderator from Canada that they serve it at his local dragstrip and it is to die for!!!! :prayer:

i love both, but i really love canadian bacon and crumbled bacon together along with pineapple on my pizza

Why can't we have both???

I hate making decisions....

I guess bacon, then Canadian bacon. Sorry Canadians. That nice crispy, crunchy, salty tasting bacon just can't be beat.... Buy your bacon is second.

I was thinking a while back, pig is sooo good to eat. Bacon, ham, ribs, Canadian bacon.... It all tastes so great!

Is there any other animal that can compare???

Bacon. Nothing to really discuss, Bacon. You can have Bacon in the morning, afternoon, night, hell any time you want it.

ok What I saw in the pictures was bacon, bacon and then some ham,and ham (maybe back bacon)
We have real bacon just like you guys that ham you guys call Canadian bacon is
what we call back bacon i think (I call it ham). Just a marketing thing I guess.
Bacon is great , "back bacon" or "Canadian bacon" as you call it is ham , but you
really haven't lived untill you've eatan some 100% pure Canadian beaver. (l) Cheers.

I voted bacon even thou the other one sounds better. LOL

Uhh... I'd love to eat a %100 pure Canadian Beaver.... lol

All this epic bacon talk...:)

Dinner tonight (for two) was BLTs with 2 lbs total bacon, grilled sourdough, garden tomato, lettuce (meh, one little piece for me) along with smoked cheddar cheese

there is a lot of things Canadians do better but bacon is NOT one of them.

He He

The Canadian Bacon story

Around the turn of the last century (or as they say, "during the war years"), England had a pork shortage. They imported side bacon from Canada, smoked it and termed it "Wiltshire Sides" in England. Due to this event Canadian bacon was made famous. Over time the United States believed that Canadian bacon was smoked back bacon although true Canadian bacon is not smoked. Our Canadian product is classified by the USDA as uncooked Canadian bacon and is Canadian #1 peameal back bacon.

Peameal definition
During the war years, yellow peas were ground up into meal. Canadian bacon was rolled in this meal. This ensured better curing, shelf life and avoided bacterial problems. Over the years, this tradition was changed to cornmeal, due to the availability of corn.

What is this mysterious food product that circulates North of the 49th parallel, forever out of reach of our American bacon friends’ reach. What, exactly, is Canadian bacon?

Unfortunately, making things worse for our American friends is the fact that they have something already in their grocery departments that makes the absurd claim that it is Canadian bacon, but it’s actually something else entirely. Today, on the Republic of Bacon, we delve into this matter and try to pull out the juicy truth of it all. Follow us after the break as we tell you everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Canadian bacon.

You Call That Canadian Bacon?

First of all, the good news many of our American friends is this: the Canadian bacon that they already know as Canadian bacon, is not actually bacon (or Canadian, for that matter). Canadian bacon is more like ham than bacon. It’s pickled in a sweet mixture, it’s thicker, and when it’s fully cooked, it’s usually soft and juicy. If you were to try to crispify American’s Canadian bacon, you’d get something super dried out. (Think about what would happen if you tried to fry a Sunday ham. Not pretty.)

Some Americans do get to try something that’s closer to Canadian bacon: and that’s when they order Canadian back bacon. Regular American bacon (or as the Brits call it, streaky bacon) is made from the belly of pigs. Canadian back bacon is, well, from the back. This makes it less fatty than American bacon. I know – for some people, less fat means less flavour. But for true back bacon fans, less fat means more meat. And I don’t think I can argue with that logic.

So what is Canadian Bacon?

Canadian bacon – or the stuff we Canadians eat and that Americans don’t really eat – is called peameal bacon. It’s got a light brine on it, and it has that edge of cornmeal on it. It’s also not smoked, the way that regular bacon is. It’s basically as close to a cross between ham and bacon that you can get. While it does have a bit of a salty flavour, it is more sweet than other types of bacon. It’s also not going to get as crispy as American bacon. But that doesn’t mean it’s not delicious!
And if you read all of this you truly do love bacon :hello2:

:d

Attachments

• 1daf06a0bbd564533c1a3f4ac93ad1374a82b5639026800c8c96f941a897023d.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 78
Strip bacon is bacon up here. What you guys call "Canadian Bacon" is actually known as Pea Meal bacon. BBQ'd Pea Meal on a kaiser bun is a great sandwich! Choose your toppings and throw an egg on there too if you want!

"Ok, which do you like better, Bacon or Canadian Bacon?"
OK, coming out here!
I go both ways Canadian Bacon and Bacon. Both work for me.

-
Back